Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shpitzelech
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Are shpitzlech exclusive to satmar
Yes 100%  
 11%  [ 14 ]
Not at all. But a lot of satmar wear them  
 50%  [ 61 ]
99%  
 35%  [ 43 ]
50/50  
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 121

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 10:53 am
Are shpitzlech found in any community other than satmar? I have a very close neighbor who I was talking to who wants to switch and was asking me. I’ve only seen them by satmar. But I’m not sure. She’s belz.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:01 am
Not at all. Happens to be many afilliated with satmar do.I know many many shpitzlach that have 0 with satmar.

amother
Thistle

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:03 am
It isn't exclusive to Satmar, but I don't think Belzers wear them. Even the rebbetzin's headgear isn't a shpitzel. The young rebbetzin and her daughters/dils wear kerchiefs but not a shpitzel and I think they're the only ones that do. So a Belzer wearing a shpitzel would be....interesting.

BadTichelDay

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:09 am
There was this 300+ post mega thread about shpitzel-wearing last year. Didn't read all of it.
It did get locked in the end. Seems to be a mostly Satmar thing. If you search on imamother, there are more and older threads.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....45023

Just genuinely curious - what is it with this particular hair cover? Why do people want to switch and adopt it? Is it the look itself or is it a status symbol of a kind?

amother
Leaf

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:46 am
A Belze would wear a bloize tichel.
Shpitzels are exclusive to satmar and satmar geshtimt.

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:54 am
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
A Belze would wear a bloize tichel.
Shpitzels are exclusive to satmar and satmar geshtimt.

By now not. Many women choose to upgrade their head covering as a zchus for something & put on a shpitzel because they think it's an upgrade. It's not an upgrade, it's just what they used to wear in Satmer only and people decided it's an upgrade.

amother
Leaf

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:56 am
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
By now not. Many women choose to upgrade their head covering as a zchus for something & put on a shpitzel because they think it's an upgrade. It's not an upgrade, it's just what they used to wear in Satmer only and people decided it's an upgrade.

Shpitzels are not a thing anywhere else.
If anyone puts on a tichel today and isn't satmar, they don't wear the Shpitzel part.

Many people don't know the difference between a bloize tichel and shpitzel.

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:05 pm
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
Shpitzels are not a thing anywhere else.
If anyone puts on a tichel today and isn't satmar, they don't wear the Shpitzel part.

Many people don't know the difference between a bloize tichel and shpitzel.

I know a nice amount of women that put on a shpitzel, with the shpitzel part, that aren't affiliated with Satmer at all. I know the difference between a shpitzel and plain tichel. They put it on as a zchus for something thinking that it's an upgrade.

amother
Leaf

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:07 pm
I know a nice amount of women that put on a shpitzel, with the shpitzel part, that aren't affiliated with Satmer at all. I know the difference between a shpitzel and plain tichel. They put it on as a zchus for something thinking that it's an upgrade.

It is an upgrade from a sheitel.
They don't believe in wearing a sheitel.

What don't you understand?

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:08 pm
What is a bloise tichel?

Genius

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:09 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
What is a bloise tichel?

Just a scarf.

Genius

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:10 pm

Why are you triggered by it? I wouldn’t campaign for anyone to do it, but if they feel like this is their avodas Hashem, good for them. I they believe that sheitels are problematic so a shpitzel is definitely an upgrade.

Last edited by Genius on Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:12 pm
Genius wrote:
Why are you triggered by it? I wouldn’t campaign for anyone to do it, but if they feel like this is their avodas Hashem, good for them.

I'm not triggered by it. I'm just explaining to the poster that said that only Satmer women wear a shpitzel, that non Satmer women put on a shpitzel with the shpitzel part. The tichel part may be an upgrade, the shpitzel isn't.

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:14 pm
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
It is an upgrade from a sheitel.
They don't believe in wearing a sheitel.

What don't you understand?

An upgrade from a sheitel would be a covered sheitel, a plain tichel, Esteriste....not a shpitzel.

Genius

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:16 pm
An upgrade from a sheitel would be a covered sheitel, a plain tichel, Esterista....not a shpitzel.

If they don’t believe in a sheitel than taking off the sheitel would be an upgrade. No? I don’t think anyone considers a shpitzel holier than just a tichel. it’s a style.

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:19 pm
Genius wrote:
If they don’t believe in a sheitel than taking off the sheitel would be an upgrade. No? I don’t think anyone considers a shpitzel holier than just a tichel. it’s a style.

Right, taking off the sheitel is an upgrade. A shpitzel isn't an upgrade. It's not a style. It's just Satmer minhag.
It's like a Belz man switching from a biber hat to a flat hat thinking that it's an upgrade. Or Satmer guy putting on shtivel thinking that it's an upgrade. It's not, it's just minhag is certain chassidus.

Genius

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:26 pm
Right, taking off the sheitel is an upgrade. A shpitzel isn't an upgrade. It's not a style. It's just Satmer minhag.
It's like a Belz man switching from a biber hat to a flat hat thinking that it's an upgrade. Or a man putting on veisa zucken thinking that it's an upgrade. It's not, it's just minhag is certain chassidus.

I agree that it’s a Satmar thing. It’s not a minhag though. It’s a style. If a shpitzel wearer decides to wear an esterista or just a tichel they’re not going against a minhag. The minhag is to not wear the sheitel if anything.

amother
Hosta

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:26 pm
amother [ Thistle ] wrote:
It isn't exclusive to Satmar, but I don't think Belzers wear them. Even the rebbetzin's headgear isn't a shpitzel. The young rebbetzin and her daughters/dils wear kerchiefs but not a shpitzel and I think they're the only ones that do. So a Belzer wearing a shpitzel would be....interesting.

I actully know a few Belzers that wear shpitzelech. But it's less common in Israel so that's why you don't see the young rebbetzin and her daughters wear it

Very uncommon in America/Canada/UK/Antwerp to wear bloise tichel, so those going with a tichel wear with a shpitzel

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:33 pm
Genius wrote:
I agree that it’s a Satmar thing. It’s not a minhag though. It’s a style. If a shpitzel wearer decides to wear an esterista or just a tichel they’re not going against a minhag. The minhag is to not wear the sheitel if anything.

It's Satmer garb. For a non Satmer women, the shpitzel part isn't an upgrade. The tichel is an upgrade.

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:35 pm
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
I actully know a few Belzers that wear shpitzelech. But it's less common in Israel so that's why you don't see the young rebbetzin and her daughters wear it

Very uncommon in America/Canada/UK/Antwerp to wear bloise tichel, so those going with a tichel wear with a shpitzel

It's not uncommon at all in the US to wear just a tichel without a shpitzel. A tichel without a shpitzel is "aroopgebinden." There's sort of a mold that you wear under the tichel to give it a nice shape.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels