Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Help me work through his

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:56 am
All the hype and noise if the technology kinnus has brought up conflicting thoughts for me

I am reg Lakewood type. ( if there’s such a thing)
I’m almost 40.

In theory I have no problem getting a kosher phone. Practically however I will still freely use the internet at home , I do a lot on line - shopping, research for work, control my lights, use Spotify etc and yes I will occasionally watch something at night. That I’m not giving up

Is there any purpose in getting a kosher phone for calling and texting?

I want to do the right thing and eventually one of my kids schools will prob make me anyways but when I feel pushed to a corner I push back . I love being inspired but the coercion makes me lose all inspiration ( history of childhood abuse and manipulation- but this prob applies to many)

Like what’s the pride in all these ppl patting themselves on the back for having a kosher phone when they are all using the internet at home ?

amother
Amethyst

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 11:58 am
If you only use internet at home, and only at a computer you are more present and around.
I see a big difference since I got a smart phone even though I was online constantly beforehand.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:03 pm
Prob will not be a computer but my current phone on WiFi with the calling and texting capabilities transferred to a kosher ohoen

amother
Aconite

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 12:06 pm
I don't understand adult women who feel they need to censor themselves.

My internet usage is much like your use is as I don't like to use the phone except for calling and texting for the most part. I do use the Smart Phone aspects on occasion and they have been lifesavers to find something around me or check something.

Also my notes are synched to the iPhone and that can be helpful if I am shopping at the market or making a decision whether it makes sense to purchase in the store or on amazon.

My iPhone also controls some household functions like lights and shades so there are some very functional aspects. I don't need it but there are functions that provide security coverage of your door and/or rooms in your house. I could go on.

I have books loaded on it so I always have something to read at the doctor or dentist or whenever I am waiting. Even in the car if I have to wait to pick up a kid.

But I don't understand why someone would deliberately deprive themselves of something that is enormously beneficial.

Rubies

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:01 pm
There's a huge benefit to a kosher phone.

Your brain isn't bombarded with constant interaction, and there's less connectivity, by default.
It makes for better mental health overall which has an impact on the rest of your life.

I say, go for it.

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 1:02 pm
This is how I see it:

Using a flip phone for talking and texting, and another device for internet helps with not being connected all day, and your kids won't see you checking your phone constantly.

We have a huge impact on our kids. If they see us constantly busy on our phones, they'll be tempted to do the same. You may be doing nothing wrong on your phone, but unfortunately, teens don't have the same level headedness when it comes to internet usage.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics