Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shaitel macher helper, why don’t people tip
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 7:56 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
Seriously??? Why are you asking this question?? Tips is the craziest thing
If you want more money ask for a raise or find a job with Better pay. Don’t ask people for tips

I can ask, I would like to understand. Read my post, I didn’t pass any judgement on anyone nor did I ask for tips, I was just questioning something with a genuine curiosity. I have that right to do that without getting judged for it.

amother
Dill

Post Fri, Jun 17 2022, 7:56 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Your opposition to this system I understand. Your taking it out on a waiter I don't. If you refuse to tip, it's not the restaurant owner who gets hurt.

They should demand a higher wage. I do not have to pay there wage.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 8:12 pm
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
For me it's because they charge so much, it's so hard to pay. So paying on top of that just doesn't seem sustainable.

Agreed! When you finnaly buy a new sheitel and pay hundreds for a cut, its hard to think of spare money for tips..

Maybe you should get experience, get a name for yourself and look for a higher paying job and then do Sheitels yourself.

I bet the people who stock the shelves in the supermarket want tips. who wouldnt?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 8:29 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Tipping for wax or manicure in salon is expected for basic decent job. Not extra.
That is just how the industry works

Legally restaurants can pay waiters 1/2 minimum wage bec of tips. It makes no sense but allows employers to exploit waiters and pay them nothing. therefore tips became mandatory. I just think of it as the expense of the meal. Bec if there were no tips my food would need to be 18% more to pay the wait normally.
If it wasn’t coming off the top we’d be paying it anyways. The waiter needs to be paid somehow.

Just because it’s expected doesn’t mean it makes sense or that I have to go along with it. If we all just keep tipping for doing the bare minimum job, how will anything change?

And I would much rather pay higher menu prices at a restaurant than have to tip, personally

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 8:32 pm
Unless you do walk ins only, if you become known as the non tipper, eventually salons will suddenly start to not have any available appointments when you call to schedule your manicure or waxing, at some point. They know who doesn't tip.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 8:36 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Your opposition to this system I understand. Your taking it out on a waiter I don't. If you refuse to tip, it's not the restaurant owner who gets hurt.

The system will never change if we just go along with it. That’s what got us to this point.

It is not our responsibility to make sure these employees are getting paid decent salaries.

I know a bunch of girls who work for practically nothing. It’s really hard to see and I feel bad for them, but it’s not my job to supplement their income

amother
Electricblue

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 8:45 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
The system will never change if we just go along with it. That’s what got us to this point.

It is not our responsibility to make sure these employees are getting paid decent salaries.

I know a bunch of girls who work for practically nothing. It’s really hard to see and I feel bad for them, but it’s not my job to supplement their income

Lol these places aren't changing. The new york times had a great investigative series on the abuses of manicurists in salons a few years ago.
Like I said, you will just find it exceedingly harder to get reservations as time goes on. At restaurants too (BTW I'd be very careful about not being known as a decent tipper when it comes to people who handle your food!!!!! Lots of "tell alls" floating around out there from people in the industry).

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 9:06 pm
You are not being tipped because
1. People want the actual Sheitel Macher to be doing all the work on the wig for the price of a wash and set. Not a helper.

2.it’s usually a cash business and you don’t tip an owner in a cash business.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 9:55 pm
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
They should demand a higher wage. I do not have to pay there wage.

You are justifying your cheapness by placing the blame on the waiter.

You are paying one way or another because if the service people were paid higher wages, the price of food would be increased.

In the USA tipping is preferred by most people for whatever reason. Normal people calculate 20% as an addition to what the cost of the food is.

Tipping is so customary in the US that the IRS automatically adds it to someone's taxable income.

ETA - It is really disgusting to read that people have stopped tipping their waiters and manicurists because the cost of the service or food is too high. So you use luxury services and then take advantage of the least powerful poorly paid people. Why don't you just not go to the salon or the restaurant and tell the owner that you are not going there anymore because it is too expensive.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 9:58 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Not comparable he’s shlepping boxes some weigh many pounds most of the time up steps hes literally puts it in my kitchen yea I tip

The sm assistant was hired by the sm to help her, I’m paying the sm $60 for a wash and set I ain’t tipping.

My delivery guy is still ringing the bell and running, so I don’t GET to tip him.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 10:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can ask, I would like to understand. Read my post, I didn’t pass any judgement on anyone nor did I ask for tips, I was just questioning something with a genuine curiosity. I have that right to do that without getting judged for it.

Usually tips go to people who are doing a service for you that you see in real time.

amother
Strawberry

Post Sun, Jun 19 2022, 11:25 pm
Why when my son delivered flower arrangements erev shavous he didn't get any tips besides for one. and most people didnt pay for the flowers. Others ordered it for them cuz most people were surprised that it's for them
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels