Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Right size duffle

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 6:27 am
What is the right size duffle/soft trunk for camp? (boys and girls...not flying)
Someone told me that they send 2 42x20x20 soft trunks with no wheels. When I looked at that they look way too huge. I am looking at 36x17x17 no wheels, is that the right one? She claims that the wheels get broken easily and better to carry the bags.
what is you opinion on wheels vs no wheels? size? etc.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 6:49 am
I use the 40 / 42 with wheels and it is not too big. I need to fit in a fluffy comforter, pillow/s, extra set of linen, towels, mini negel vaser set, case of soup cups and other food etc.
In addition we fill a full size Samsonite suitcase on wheels and fill it with clothes, pjs, swim gear, shoes, shampoos, etc.
We can barely close the 2 full size cases.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Jun 20 2022, 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Dahlia

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 6:50 am
With no wheels? Who is carrying the bag? Is it your DC or the counselor/some other staff?

Wheels do occasional get broken (I have had 2 sets of broken wheels over the last 12 years with multiple kids going) but are you putting the burden on yourself or on someone else?

Regarding size, how much stuff do you need? Teen girls need more than little boys.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 6:53 am
I'd love some links to huge duffels for camp. Anyone? one of ours was for the garbage last year and I need another one. Something really strong, so it lasts.

LK1

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 7:03 am
They MUST have wheels!! Some camps are really hilly and the campers need to schlep it up. Do not buy anything without wheels...

Re sizes I don't know what size we bought but I do know that we got one big one and one smaller one. (Got whatever Amazing Savings sold)

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 7:03 am
LK1 wrote:
They MUST have wheels!! Some camps are really hilly and the campers need to schlep it up. Do not buy anything without wheels...

Re sizes I don't know what size we bought but I do know that we got one big one and one smaller one. (Got whatever Amazing Savings sold)

Good idea, I'll try that.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 7:16 am
Get wheels even if they break it's much easier to handle.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 8:07 am
I dont live in the NY area so no amazing savings. Can someone post a link on amazon of something that would be appropriate

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:10 am
I searched amazon and am seeing so many that are very pricey compared to no wheels. I found this one and am wondering if anyone has it and is happy, and which size I should get 36 or 42:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005.....ss_tl

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 3:29 pm
I've gotten the 36 3 times from that brand (one for each of my oldest when they went to camp) and they used a big suitcase asking with it and it was perfect.
Camp lost my daughter's last year 😞
Got 40" on sale this winter for like $30 each so that's what my girls will bring this year.

Oh actually it was only twice. The first one I got at A-Z no idea what brand.
The second one my son has used for 3 years of camp plus yeshiva...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 5:45 pm
Thanks hashem yaazor. I am looking at the description of the rockland duffle. The 36 and 40 look pretty different in size. 36x15x14 vs 40x17x17.....still not sure which to go for. I was looking to buy 2 for one child.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 5:54 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I'd love some links to huge duffels for camp. Anyone? one of ours was for the garbage last year and I need another one. Something really strong, so it lasts.

Amazing Savings has good sturdy ones for good prices.
If you need an online link, Amazon carries one.
https://www.amazon.com/Rocklan.....s_tl2

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 5:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks hashem yaazor. I am looking at the description of the rockland duffle. The 36 and 40 look pretty different in size. 36x15x14 vs 40x17x17.....still not sure which to go for. I was looking to buy 2 for one child.

If you're shopping for a girl, go with the 40 inch.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics