Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Con Ed is paying someone for over a week to sit in his car a
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 10:21 pm
Con Ed is paying someone for over a week already to just sit in his car and reserve space for when theyll work underground. Hes been here for over a week and Con Ed didnt do a thing there yet.

Car says Con Ed, cones say Con Ed.

Does this make financial sense?

Con Ed cant get a car moved when they need to work under the space where a car is parked?

They cant tow the car?

Something seems off about this. Hes here 7 days a week, from early in the morning til late at night (hes here now) just sitting in his car or pacing near his car, and talking on the phone.. on a busy block in BP.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 10:22 pm
Dunno but it’s an “onLy in Boro Park” kind of story LOL

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 10:23 pm
Why don’t you start a conversation with him?

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 10:26 pm
Years ago the FBI used con Ed trucks to tap the lines and listen to conversations in Skver.
They then arrested 4 people who worked for the yeshiva for federal crimes related to yeshiva funding.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 10:28 pm
amother [ Stoneblue ] wrote:
Dunno but it’s an “onLy in Boro Park” kind of story LOL

It’s not only in BP.
I’m in NY, not BP.
Same exact thing.
I didn’t like the way he looked sitting in his car late at night watching everyone who went by.
Didn’t look like the kind of the person we’d want watching all our comings and goings.
(No racist undertones here, he didn’t look like a good person but no specific ethnic group.)

amother
Skyblue

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 10:37 pm
Oh this is so NY Can't Believe It
If he's actually there to guard the block from parked cars, I wouldn't be the least but surprised. The inefficiency in Brooklyn is astounding to me. I've been living here many years but was raised in a smaller, though not so small, city on the east coast and I still marvel at how differently they get things done in normal cities.

amother
Tomato

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 10:39 pm
I second FBI..they're onto someone.

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 10:42 pm
My feeling too. Watching someone

Rubies

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:02 pm
Ooh, an imamother mystery!

Please provide updates!

amother
Gardenia

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:06 pm
Call coned to complain that you need the parking.
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't know about it.

Zehava

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:08 pm
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:

I third

amother
Snowdrop

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:11 pm
Yes, for sure FBI. Or a private investigator.

I had a utility company (not con ed) in front of my apt for months during separation before divorce. My ex hired investigators, hacked my phone and emails.. these people sitting in cars for so many hours like this are secretly looking after someone's every move.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:15 pm
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:

On op’s block and on my block which is not near op you think they’re both investigating someone?
The only thing they got listening in on us here was babysitting, shidduch info, camp schedules, cleaning help and recipes.
Or maybe not…
I wonder which of my neighbors is leading a more interesting life than we thought.
More likely it’s Con Ed up to their usual inefficient way of doing what they’re supposed to.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:16 pm
Wow this is exciting. Conspiracy theory?🤣
But where I come from in Brooklyn if there’s gonna be road work they put up signs a few days before no parking on whatever day...

amother
Marigold

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:26 pm
Now I’m really curious and I’m going to need updates…

amother
Nasturtium

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:29 pm
Rubies wrote:
Ooh, an imamother mystery!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:33 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Why don’t you start a conversation with him?

I did, hes Russian, and seems friendly.

Kids from Shul on block asked him what hes doing there and he told them same.

DH wants to now how he doesnt run out of gas.

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:34 pm
Is there a grate or manhole cover in that area?

I read an article once about how sometimes for whatever reason they can suddenly have dangerous amounts of voltage that would electrocute a person (or dogs, as it happened to a few years back actually) who stepped on it. Con Ed would station a worker there to keep watch and make sure no one came into contact with it for weeks until the issue was fixed

Thinking this may be the issue especially since you mentioned cones (not sure why an FBI agent would put cones on the street)

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:39 pm
Fbi has done this countless times when they were looking after someone

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:40 pm
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
Is there a grate or manhole cover in that area?

I read an article once about how sometimes for whatever reason they can suddenly have dangerous amounts of voltage that would electrocute a person (or dogs, as it happened to a few years back actually) who stepped on it. Con Ed would station a worker there to keep watch and make sure no one came into contact with it for weeks until the issue was fixed

Thinking this may be the issue especially since you mentioned cones (not sure why an FBI agent would put cones on the street)

There is some kind of hole there. Wouldnt Con Ed be working on it asap, instead of having a guy sit in a parked car right over it for over a week?

What puzzles me is doesnt Con Ed know when this work will begin and not pay someone for an extra week? How many weeks will the guy sit here?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries