Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Con Ed is paying someone for over a week to sit in his car a
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Glitter

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:47 pm
Sorry everyone it's (most likely!) not FBI or anything cool. Just NY ineptitude! Same thing happened on my block and they did come and do the work after about a week. The guy slept the whole day in his car then watched people when he was bored of sleeping. Poor soul, huh?

How do I get such a job??

And yeah it's such a waste of resources, they just don't care enough to coordinate better that they should only send the guy right before they need the spot or some other method. Part of why we have such high prices.

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
There is some kind of hole there. Wouldnt Con Ed be working on it asap, instead of having a guy sit in a parked car right over it for over a week?

What puzzles me is doesnt Con Ed know when this work will begin and not pay someone for an extra week? How many weeks will the guy sit here?

so the guy isn't holding a parking spot - he's guarding a dangerous hole until a crew can show up and do the work needed.

hourly pay of this guy - is less than cost of litigation of injury from the hole.

WhatFor

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:51 pm
amother [ Fern ] wrote:
so the guy isn't holding a parking spot - he's guarding a dangerous hole until a crew can show up and do the work needed.

hourly pay of this guy - is less than cost of litigation of injury from the hole.

Boy did I go into the wrong field. I'd love to sit in a car while listening to podcasts and staring at the sidewalk. Oh well, at least I get to work from home.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:54 pm
Had it for quite a few times too.. it drove me nuts
The guy literally ate, slept, spent the entire day on the car
I asked him if he ever leaves during the day, he said he goes to by some food and use the bathroom
But con Ed always eventually showed up and then he left after they finished their work..
It's very uncomfortable..I felt like the guy knew exactly when I went and came and all

happyone

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:56 pm
Def FBI

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:57 pm
amother [ Fern ] wrote:

And he hasnt moved from right on top of this very dangerous hole all week.

Not a single person has inspected this very dangerous hole all week.

And Con Ed isnt in any hurry to eliminate the source of danger in the hole.

amother
Fern

Post Mon, Jun 20 2022, 11:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And he hasnt moved from right on top of that very dangerous hole all week.

Not a single person has inspected this very dangerous hole all week.

And Con Ed isnt in any hurry to eliminate the source of danger in the hole.

sounds like you are spending your week watching the hole - are you upset that you aren't getting paid?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:00 am
amother [ Fern ] wrote:
sounds like you are spending your week watching the hole - are you upset that you aren't getting paid?

Definitely.

So many threads about unemployed husbands.

All these husbands should find jobs sitting over dangerous holes.

snooper86

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:02 am
Yeah saw such a guy a while ago with a bunch of cones etc. and the next day he was gone and there was no work in between at least not that I know of.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:06 am
Very Happy Yes, thats how con ed does it. Very normal.

Love this site

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:09 am
I was passing a quiet street on the outskirts of BP couple of nights ago and there were 2 such cars a couple of houses apart. They definitely seemed suspicious. Something about the Con Ed cones and car labels was definitely off. There was a silver blackout screen covering the windshield and the side windows were heavily tinted.
I passed them an hour later just to see if anything changed. There was music coming from one car, but nothing else.
This is scaring me.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:15 am
Love this site wrote:
I was passing a quiet street on the outskirts of BP couple of nights ago and there were 2 such cars a couple of houses apart. They definitely seemed suspicious. Something about the Con Ed cones and car labels was definitely off. There was a silver blackout screen covering the windshield and the side windows were heavily tinted.
I passed them an hour later just to see if anything changed. There was music coming from one car, but nothing else.
This is scaring me.

This is right off 13th in the very center of BP.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:19 am
So quite a few have seen them in bp lately. That's quite telling. Of course they bring a truck after a while to make it all look real. Doesn't mean they really fixed something even if it looks it.

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:27 am
Can you call 311 to see if they know about it?

happyone

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:29 am
Call the police if you suspect suspicious activity.

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:37 am
Yes we had this ifo our home in bp on 12/48 a few years ago and we were freaked out of our minds. We even called cops etc several times to investigate. Turned out it was from coned Rolling Eyes

amother
Wallflower

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:41 am
For more info on em read this https://www.google.com/amp/s/n...../amp/

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:41 am
I hope he is not s hitman, a kidnapper or a terrorist.

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:48 am
amother [ Wallflower ] wrote:
For more info on em read this https://www.google.com/amp/s/n...../amp/

Amazing. Send your husbands to apply for jobs.

snooper86

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 12:49 am
I saw on 19th ave
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries