Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine newborn at the hospital?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

oneofakind

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 11:02 am
Giving oral vitamin k is safer but takes more effort. It's worth looking into.

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 11:25 am
Quote:
Chicken pox is uncomfortable but not dangerous. My kids got pox that was very mild without vax. He's immune for life now without getting the toxins from vax.

Great. He's also now 4x more likely to develop Shingles once he's older as opposed to someone who had the chicken pox vaccine. Shingles isnt thought about much when young but it is a horrible disease that can be life altering for an elderly person

NotInNJMommy

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 11:30 am
amother [ DarkGreen ] wrote:
It all boils down to education. Don't trust anyone including ur Dr.

Look into every vaccine, what reason is for giving it, if it's a real danger, if ur kid can ever get the illness, if it really prevents...

Also outweigh benefits vs risks.

Chicken pox is uncomfortable but not dangerous. My kids got pox that was very mild without vax. He's immune for life now without getting the toxins from vax.

Why would you use a doctor that you don't trust? Particularly for pregnancy/delivery and pediatrics?

synthy

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 1:22 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
I don't know if it's child abuse, but I don't think in NY or NJ one can legally waive the vitamin K.

One can waive the antibiotic eye drops or Hep B shot.
I'm in NY, they didn't let me waive the eye ointment. I didn't ask about the vitamin k shot because I wanted to give it.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 1:30 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
Why would you use a doctor that you don't trust? Particularly for pregnancy/delivery and pediatrics?

This is what I don't understand either.
I know someone who had an awful pregnancy history- many many miscarriages and stillbirths. Finally she was pretty far along in a healthy pregnancy and she told me that her doctor recommended that she get the covid shot but she wasn't getting it because she 'knew too much'. I was like... So do you trust this guy or not??? Particularly in a situation like hers, I would want to know if I could believe the words coming out of my doctor's mouth. So either get the shot or switch doctors. People are totally nuts.

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 1:36 pm
oneofakind wrote:
Giving oral vitamin k is safer but takes more effort. It's worth looking into.

It's definitely worth looking into, but it's not nearly as effective as the shot.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 2:16 pm
amother [ Maize ] wrote:
Quote:

Great. He's also now 4x more likely to develop Shingles once he's older as opposed to someone who had the chicken pox vaccine. Shingles isnt thought about much when young but it is a horrible disease that can be life altering for an elderly person

That's not true. Natural immunity last way longer than vax immunity. So ur vaxxed kids have higher chance of getting shingles.

Chicken pox vax is pretty new. Did urgrandparents have shingles? Do u know of anyone that had. The next generation kids that are all vaxxed might get shingles when older.

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 2:28 pm
That's not true. Natural immunity last way longer than vax immunity. So ur vaxxed kids have higher chance of getting shingles.

Chicken pox vax is pretty new. Did urgrandparents have shingles? Do u know of anyone that had. The next generation kids that are all vaxxed might get shingles when older.

Nah, they'll just get the shingles vax over and over.

There have been many more shingles cases since kids started getting chicken pox vax. Being around infected kids was like getting a booster. Now being around infected kids is so rare. We are very lucky we were able to get our kids naturally infected. We were starting to think we'd never find kids with chicken pox to expose them to.

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 2:59 pm
Quote:

Shingles comes from the chicken pox virus laying dormant in your body for many years. Having "natural" immunity makes you MORE likely to get Shingles.

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 3:02 pm
amother [ Maize ] wrote:
Quote:

Shingles comes from the chicken pox virus laying dormant in your body for many years. Having "natural" immunity makes you MORE likely to get Shingles.

Did ur parents, grandparents get shingles?

amother
Maize

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 3:04 pm
Quote:

Yep. And one of them it has literally taken her life away

amother
DarkGreen

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 3:29 pm
amother [ Maize ] wrote:
Quote:

Yep. And one of them it has literally taken her life away

Not saying can't happen. But very unusual..
We don't know what will be when our kids get to that stage

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 3:50 pm
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
What do you suppose the bolded refers to, if not saliva and childcare (which is more saliva-sharing than any other bodily fluid)?

I'm just coming back to this thread so I'm not sure if anyone responded to this yet, but I suppose this refers to bites that cause the kid to bleed.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 4:01 pm
Vit K can be given orally, many mothers do that instead of the shot. Not child abuse, just need to be willing to do the work.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 4:09 pm

yup. and I got shingles too - in my 30's, before I was eligible for the shingles vaccine. and I struggle with the herpes simplex virus from my childhood chicken pox exposure. I wish there had been a chicken pox vaccine when I was a kid. shingles is he!!.

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 4:15 pm
So sad what seems to go on in NY when it comes to labor and delivery.
In Canada, they straight up told me “so there’s this optional ointment that we can put on baby’s eyes when it comes out. It’s really to protect it from s-xually transmitted diseases. Do you think your baby needs it?” And I said “no” and that was that.
They don’t give any other vaccines in the hospital.
The only thing they give is vitamin K shot and I bet that if I said “no thank you”, they would have respected my decision.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 5:59 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
So sad what seems to go on in NY when it comes to labor and delivery.
In Canada, they straight up told me “so there’s this optional ointment that we can put on baby’s eyes when it comes out. It’s really to protect it from s-xually transmitted diseases. Do you think your baby needs it?” And I said “no” and that was that.
They don’t give any other vaccines in the hospital.
The only thing they give is vitamin K shot and I bet that if I said “no thank you”, they would have respected my decision.

Its provincial mandates - not federal.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 6:01 pm
I would wait and decide later when I am more rested and have spoken with my pediatrician etc.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 6:19 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I would wait and decide later when I am more rested and have spoken with my pediatrician etc.

You definitely can. When I had my last baby, the nurse wanted to administer the eye drops. I asked if I could discuss it with the pediatrician first, they said ok, and then no one ever brought it up again to me.

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Jun 21 2022, 6:29 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
Its provincial mandates - not federal.

Didn’t realize that. In the province I gave birth in, such was the case.

Which provinces force these things on you?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics