Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Need help! Daughter refuses to wear training bra
Previous  1  2

imaima

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 5:27 am
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
Yes if I could do things differently I would put her in a plain undershirt daily from a younger age, so it wouldnt be such a transition...

I was just going to comment that my kids of both genders wear an undershirt from birth on.
Okay they wear bodysuits from birth. In winter time bodysuits are an undergarment and the shirt or whatever goes on top.
When they drop bodysuits, they just wear undershirts. It’s only when it’s really hot that they wear just one layer of clothes

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:10 am
My daughter wears am undershirt from birth on. That doesn't bother her because it didn't stick to the body. What we bought has zero padding. Same like they sell in gap etc. She was super excited to go to a grown up store. No major fitting just the sweet lady who works there. If I tell her it's just for now for 1 dress she has she will probably avoid wearing that dress to avoid the bra. Before and after looks is a good idea.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:31 am
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
Yes if I could do things differently I would put her in a plain undershirt daily from a younger age, so it wouldnt be such a transition...

You can try, but don't forget that children have a mind of their own, and by the time they are about seven or eight they can just refuse to wear them. (I should know - I did!)

I also knew one woman who had a very hard time covering her hair, so she was determined that her daughter would always wear something on her head so that she would be used to the sensation. So two year old Miri happily wore pretty headbands that matched her dress every day. Six year old Miri would just take them off, unless they were a specially nice one for Shabbos. Eight year old Miri grew her hair long so she could tie it back without bothering about headbands. Teenage Miri cut it short again, but never wore a headband. And when she got married she just covered it.

These are things that each person has to learn to deal with in their own way, and parents can only help to a limited extent. I think that people sometimes push bras too early. When you need one, the support is comfortable. If the girl who is just beginning to stick out doesn't care, pushing a pre-bra can be counterproductive.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 8:53 am
Seems crazy to force a little kid to wear an extra layer of clothing so that she can get used to a bra 10 years before she needs one.

Aurora

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 8:58 am
Possibly look for a bra where the elastic that makes the up the band of the bra is covered by fabric?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:00 am
Aurora wrote:
Possibly look for a bra where the elastic that makes the up the band of the bra is covered by fabric?

It is covered. And 100 percent cotton.

Aurora

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:05 am
Then I guess give her looser shirts to wear until she's ready to adjust.

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:29 am
Did you try a looser fitting bra? And get a stack of different cheap ones so she will hopefully find one she prefers.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children