Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Growth hormone
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I appreciate all the responses. I love hearing wide range of views and advice. keep them coming please!

Can you please respond above to question re which remedy, potency and how often instructed to take it/how long took it already?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 4:08 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Can you please respond above to question re which remedy, potency and how often instructed to take it/how long took it already?

called somatropin.

in a 30c

started a few weeks ago. twice a week 3 days apart.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 3:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
are you in the uk?

where did you go for testing

was short stature the only symptom?

my daughter already got her period.

will it effect her results?

thanks for clarifying genetic vs hereditary. could it now be hereditary for her kids?

I live in the US. Short stature and other things. Fertility is unknown at this point and we are davening to Hashem who can do anything!

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 3:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
if the tests show gh deficiency is it enough? meaning can you also have a rare condition on top of that?

did your child have any other symptom other than short height?
could it be that so many kids are short with nothing wrong but maybe they have a condition never tested for/discovered? even if its hereditary it might be a hereditary problem that needs/could be treated?

I also want to add that my DC is seen every 6 months by an endocrinologist. Blood tests are taken before and the doctor adjusts the doses accordingly. Based of my experiences I am
Concerned for you. This needs to be monitored. When my DC results to the gh showed numbers above “normal” the dose was lowered. Then when growth slowed a bit (plus it’s a diff med) the dose was raised a bit. This needs monitoring…

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 4:34 pm
amother [ DarkViolet ] wrote:
I also want to add that my DC is seen every 6 months by an endocrinologist. Blood tests are taken before and the doctor adjusts the doses accordingly. Based of my experiences I am
Concerned for you. This needs to be monitored. When my DC results to the gh showed numbers above “normal” the dose was lowered. Then when growth slowed a bit (plus it’s a diff med) the dose was raised a bit. This needs monitoring…

thanks for making me aware.

going to bring it up but its twice a week 3 days apart and we review every 6 weeks.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 5:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
how much did she grow since giving it? how log have you already given it?

been giving it for a year and shes had a big growth spurt and then her period arrived. Not sure if period gave her this big growth spurt.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 5:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks for making me aware.

going to bring it up but its twice a week 3 days apart and we review every 6 weeks.

Is bloodwork?

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 6:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
a poster once wrote her son had shox gene deficiency. is this genetic?

anyone know how you test for it?

my side are short but dh side not. you could say its genetic but you never know what we could be deficient in?

could we all have silent celiac? Smile
shox gene deficiency? Smile
small pituitary? Smile

maybe "its genetic" means something?

That might’ve been me. My son is Shox gene deficient, meaning he inherited the Shox gene from one parent but not the other. I don’t believe it’s hereditary though, none of my other tested kids showed a deficiency. It’s a blood test but since it’s testing something genetic, I had to sign a special consent form.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 6:27 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
been giving it for a year and shes had a big growth spurt and then her period arrived. Not sure if period gave her this big growth spurt.

how old is she and how much did she grow?

whats her height now?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 6:28 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
That might’ve been me. My son is Shox gene deficient, meaning he inherited the Shox gene from one parent but not the other. I don’t believe it’s hereditary though, none of my other tested kids showed a deficiency. It’s a blood test but since it’s testing something genetic, I had to sign a special consent form.

intersting. and the parent he inherited it from is not deficient?

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
intersting. and the parent he inherited it from is not deficient?

It’s not that he inherited it from me or my husband, more like one of us didn’t pass that particular gene. It’s possible one of us is Shox deficient as well but we’ve never tested as it’s not relevant anymore. For the record, I’m 5’2” and my husband is around 5’7” or so.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 6:09 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
It’s not that he inherited it from me or my husband, more like one of us didn’t pass that particular gene. It’s possible one of us is Shox deficient as well but we’ve never tested as it’s not relevant anymore. For the record, I’m 5’2” and my husband is around 5’7” or so.

if one of you didnt pass on a particular gene and now a child is deficient, how does it effect this childs children - your grandchildren? is it still not hereditary? this child can still pass on this gene to his/her children?

amother
Mintgreen

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 7:40 pm
Ok you got me curious, because somatropin sounds like regular growth hormone to me. So I looked it up.
https://www.theaahp.org/positi.....-hgh/
Basically, there's nothing homeopathic about it. It's regular growth hormone, except without the standardized formulation you would get from a real pharmacy and dosage oversight you would get from a real endocrinologist.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 7:46 pm
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
Ok you got me curious, because somatropin sounds like regular growth hormone to me. So I looked it up.
https://www.theaahp.org/positi.....-hgh/
Basically, there's nothing homeopathic about it. It's regular growth hormone, except without the standardized formulation you would get from a real pharmacy and dosage oversight you would get from a real endocrinologist.

I asked the practitioner and was told - it is a growth hormone but made safe homeopathically.

like follicullinum is synthetic hormones but safe cos homeopathic.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 11 2022, 5:47 pm
amother Khaki wrote:

now that your son has this deletion/deficiency then for his kids its now hereditary?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics