Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Subaru Ascent

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:57 pm
Does anyone own one? We need a bigger car and randomly it is cheaper than a minivan where I live. It fits 7 but it seems the big difference between it and a minivan is we wont get sliding doors.
Anyone have thoughts about this car?
I heard Subarus last longer than Toyotas and have great safety ratings.
Worst time to buy a car financially but we dont have much choice...

Window

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:17 pm
Subarus are awesome!! They’re the most popular car where I live. They’re incredible in the snow. You won’t be stuck at home in a snowstorm!
Yes, they also have an incredibly long lifetime. Where I live, plenty of people are still driving Subarus from the 1990’s!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:53 pm
Besides snow, do you think it is practical for a family, carpools etc?
How big is the trunk compared to a minivan like the Sienna? Can adults sit in the back comfortably? I will be looking at one in real life but wanted other people's opinions/experiences....

mizle10

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:57 pm
I had a 7 seater SUV for about a week . With kids and carpool I was going crazy and begging for my broken down mini van back.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:00 pm
mizle10 wrote:
I had a 7 seater SUV for about a week . With kids and carpool I was going crazy and begging for my broken down mini van back.

Why? What's the difference?
This isnt a huge SUV monstrosity like a Highlander. It almost looks like a cross between a station wagon (without backwards seats) and a minivan.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics