Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Can this be chickenpox?
1  2  3  Next

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 8:37 pm
I found a rash what I think looks like the first stage of chickenpox on dc 3 years old. I first saw in the private area but then when I looked I saw on other areas too. The only thing is that there's no fever yet bh. Not vaccinated yet. I was planning to give but I'm pretty behind. I'm going to go to the dr so I can have it documented if it is I'm just curious if a nonvaccinated child can have chickenpox without fever? I thought fever comes first then the pox

Last edited by tweety1 on Thu, Jun 23 2022, 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 8:43 pm
Picture?

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 8:44 pm
Yes, lots of kids get chickenpox without fever

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 8:48 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Picture?

Can't post. Dc is sleeping. So far I don't see any on the hands or feet. Was full on back, stomach, and private areas. I googled first stage of chickenpox and based on the pictures I saw I decided it's very likely. About the fever the only info I found was that vaccinated children tend to get to get without fever.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 8:52 pm
Chicken pox is going around in Brooklyn now. Not sure where you live.

My 8th grade daughter’s classmate missed her graduation trip because her mother is against vaccinations. Oh well.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 8:53 pm
You'll find out within the next day or two if so.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:00 pm
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
Chicken pox is going around in Brooklyn now. Not sure where you live.

My 8th grade daughter’s classmate missed her graduation trip because her mother is against vaccinations. Oh well.

Lucky girl will have life long immunity and not have to worry about losing immunity when she’s pregnant Bh.

Pandabeer

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:27 pm
None of my kids had fever when they had chickenpox.
Usually first signs are on the back - then front and spreading
Refuah shlaime

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:46 pm
Pandabeer wrote:
None of my kids had fever when they had chickenpox.
Usually first signs are on the back - then front and spreading
Refuah shlaime

Does the fact that there's no fever make it easier or does the itching drive them crazy? Just wondering what I should expect over the next few days? Also how long does the peak last? I'm clueless. Never had a kid with it. I always managed the give the vaccine

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:47 pm
My kids got pox several days ahead of fever. Only when they were covered head to toe did they get fever, and it was mild.

mizle10

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:52 pm
It could also be moluscum, but they wouldn't all appear at once.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:53 pm
I guess I'll start dc on TFH tomorrow. It's from the MR series. Says on the bottle works for chicken pox too. Hope it will lessen the severity of it.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:54 pm
mizle10 wrote:
It could also be moluscum, but they wouldn't all appear at once.

It's not moluscum. I don't think it is. I had a kid sith moluscum years ago. It looked very different than this.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:56 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Lucky girl will have life long immunity and not have to worry about losing immunity when she’s pregnant Bh.

Lucky girl is now also at risk for shingles later in life.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:57 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

Not necessarily true. I had it more than once as did others I know. It was before the vaccine and both were confirmed cases of chickenpox.
I dont know anyone who had the vaccine whose antibodies wore off. Or who got chicken pox after the full series of vaccines for chicken pox.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 9:58 pm
For Chicken pox chlorophyll helped really well to dry them out and idk if this kid just got pox one day and that’s it or this helped that more pox shouldn’t pop out.. Just have the kid sit in sn old towel or disposable chicks because it turns everything green.

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:13 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I guess I'll start dc on TFH tomorrow. It's from the MR series. Says on the bottle works for chicken pox too. Hope it will lessen the severity of it.

TFH?

amother
Eggplant

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:15 pm
tweety1 wrote:

IME it works like a charm. Literally stops the pox in their tracks. DD got pox over second days Pesach. Motze YT I gave it to her. The next day, no new pox popped and those that were there were dried over within the day.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:18 pm
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
IME it works like a charm. Literally stops the pox in their tracks. DD got pox over second days Pesach. Motze YT I gave it to her. The next day, no new pox popped and those that were there were dried over within the day.

I tried on this kid for herpies and I benched Mrs. Rosenfeld a"h will all brochos. She saved my sanity

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:20 pm
There's also monkeypox going around.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics