Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Can this be chickenpox?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:21 pm
amother [ Melon ] wrote:
TFH?

Yes. From from the MR vitamin company. Thrush Fungus Herpies. Instructions says it works for chicken pox too

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:23 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
There's also monkeypox going around.

In Brooklyn? Between children?? Highly doubt it's monkeypox. I'm a chronic panicker but somehow for this I'm the least worried.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:31 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Yes. From from the MR vitamin company. Thrush Fungus Herpies. Instructions says it works for chicken pox too
Chickenpox is a herpesvirus

amother
Eggplant

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:36 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I tried on this kid for herpies and I benched Mrs. Rosenfeld a"h will all brochos. She saved my sanity

Sorry I got confused. I used a similar product from Herbari (Mrs. Apter) called antichickenpox, antiherpes.

simmy17

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 7:54 pm
My dd has chicken pox now she bh has no fever. My sisters kids also had recently some with and some without fever..

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:00 pm
HFM comes on similar too. If they turn into fluid filled blisters then that confirms CP

amother
Yolk

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:07 pm
Are you sure it isn’t MRSA?

amother
Buttercup

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:17 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Not necessarily true. I had it more than once as did others I know. It was before the vaccine and both were confirmed cases of chickenpox.
I dont know anyone who had the vaccine whose antibodies wore off. Or who got chicken pox after the full series of vaccines for chicken pox.

We were recently advised to get our daughters titres checked for chicken pox before she decides to get pregnant because vaccine immunity wears off. By our doctor. None of us are anti vaccines.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:24 pm
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
We were recently advised to get our daughters titres checked for chicken pox before she decides to get pregnant because vaccine immunity wears off. By our doctor. None of us are anti vaccines.

Interesting.
Either way, the point I was trying to make was that natural immunity doesnt protect 100% from getting chicken pox again either. I know enough people including myself who have had it 2+ times. It was thought that someone could only get it once but there are exceptions...
I had my titers checked. How often should one check them?

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:35 pm
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:

I am old enough that I got actual chickenpox and was also advised to check titers before conceiving. I think it’s standard protocol.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 10:36 pm
Interesting.
Either way, the point I was trying to make was that natural immunity doesnt protect 100% from getting chicken pox again either. I know enough people including myself who have had it 2+ times. It was thought that someone could only get it once but there are exceptions...
I had my titers checked. How often should one check them?

I try to check all my titers around every 5 years.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:04 am
Sorry for hijacking the thread. Just so you know checking titers does not necessarily show that you don't have immunity. According to a nurse from the health ministry in Israel who deals with vaccines, she said that sometimes the blood shows no antibodies but they are just more latent and if you get exposed they would come out and you would be protected. I have heard that most doctors won't check people's titters for most things because it doesn't show enough information and just make people nervous.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:27 am
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
Sorry I got confused. I used a similar product from Herbari (Mrs. Apter) called antichickenpox, antiherpes.

I didn’t know herbari has something for chickenpox. I'm actually a huge fan of this company. Whatever I used so far worked Ike magic. Did this herbari thing work for you?

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 4:07 am
Not necessarily true. I had it more than once as did others I know. It was before the vaccine and both were confirmed cases of chickenpox.
I dont know anyone who had the vaccine whose antibodies wore off. Or who got chicken pox after the full series of vaccines for chicken pox.

I’ve tested countless people for antibodies for college and many lost immunity. I’m not sure why the testing is necessary as a booster is not even recommended, however I saw it countless times.

And to the poster above—even vaccinated people get shingles

amother
Chestnut

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 4:13 am
Spots all over could also be an allergic reaction to something; that’s what my child just had.

amother
Peony

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 4:18 am

My old neighbor’s son got it after he got the full series.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 6:07 am
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
Spots all over could also be an allergic reaction to something; that’s what my child just had.

I'm almost convinced it's chicken pox at this point. Some of the pimples are getting that Watery bubble on top that happens before crusting. 2 or 3 crusted already. It's bh a mild case. It's not all over the body. None on hands or legs. I spotted a crusted one under the chin, right beneath the hairline on forehead, and few almost crusting on the back. Mild fever this morning too. I'm gonna have it checked out today so it can be documented. Thanks all for your help.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 6:10 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
My old neighbor’s son got it after he got the full series.

My son now 14 had it when he was younger. Fully vaccinated. He was by my sister when I had a baby and her child had it. I wasn't concerned in the least bit because I knew he was vaccinated. Less than 2 weeks later I had a newborn and a vaccinated kid with chicken pox. Wasn't fun.

amother
Narcissus

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 6:12 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
I’ve tested countless people for antibodies for college and many lost immunity. I’m not sure why the testing is necessary as a booster is not even recommended, however I saw it countless times.

And to the poster above—even vaccinated people get shingles

On a much lower rate. Nothing in life works 100%. But it significantly reduces the risks of it for vaccinated individuals.

amother
Eggplant

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 6:34 am
tweety1 wrote:
I didn’t know herbari has something for chickenpox. I'm actually a huge fan of this company. Whatever I used so far worked Ike magic. Did this herbari thing work for you?

Like magic. My first post here is about the herbari product I used. I never used MR's product for chickenpox.

BTW I also used it topically to put onto the pox, it relieves the itching almost instantly
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics