Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Please share positive thoughts from Nekadesh
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 23 2022, 11:58 pm
I had an unbelievable night last night. So many thoughts.
I know, it's kinda contradictory to talk about it here, online.
But those who were there, in a positive mind, understood that it wasn't about all or nothing.
I feel like I want to rehash, relive it, continue feeling the feeling.
So please, if you were there, share your thoughts, any thoughts.

POSITIVE ONLY INVITED HERE!

(There are other threads on the topic if you feel the need to be negative.)

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:05 am
I gave you a real hug (vs. passive aggressive) because I feel the same way

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:08 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I gave you a real hug (vs. passive aggressive) because I feel the same way

Thank you - I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one, even in an online forum!

tigerwife

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:10 am
I wasn’t able to go but I called in and thought it was mostly very well presented.
I’m trying to be extra mindful about using my phone when I should be paying attention to my kids. They deserve my full focus- I’m the only mother they have!

amother
Cinnamon

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:13 am
I'm a pretty cynical person but I did try to listen with an open mind. And there were two points that stood out for me.

First, the song about reaching higher, being better, really struck a cord with me (I wish I can hear it again).

Second, the story that Rabbi Haber told was really powerful - the one about him asking the girls how many hours a day they thought they spent on their phone. Don't want to give away the punchline....

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:15 am
amother [ Cinnamon ] wrote:
First, the song about reaching higher, being better, really struck a cord with me (I wish I can hear it again).

This is from one of the other threads.

LK1 wrote:
Someone sent me videos of the videos shown there.

Not sure how to attach it here. If you PM me your email I could send it to you...

realsilver

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:16 am
It was beautiful. It definitely made me more mindful and gave me what to think about.
Wandering neanderthals was definitely the best line of the night lol!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:28 am
Ok, I think I'm ready to share now. (I was scared I would have no positive audience. Thanx for the encouragement I got so far!)

This was not actually what I was thinking before, but now that you mentioned Rabbi Haber, what popped into my mind was what he said about things being difficult - Since when does 'difficult' stop us?? It rang so true to me, because it wasn't something quoting past generations... (not that that's not true, it's just less relatable.) It's so true to us now - Does every woman not do things that are difficult??

Rebbetzin Tarshish - What she made us do with lifting our right hand as far as we can, and then more...

Rebbetzin Koledetzky - Just her encouragement that just for coming and being there, Hashem looks at us as so precious, like an only child.
Honestly, on the way to Newark, I wondered why we couldn't do this same thing in Lake Terrace or wherever in Lakewood, but sitting there, looking around, I felt very warmed to be a part of something so great. I mean, where else can you find thousands of women - just women, coming together like that?

The song - Help me live higher every day - was very powerful.

And the singing at the end? Wow. It was worth driving out there for that.

amother
Camellia

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had an unbelievable night last night. So many thoughts.
I know, it's kinda contradictory to talk about it here, online.
But those who were there, in a positive mind, understood that it wasn't about all or nothing.
I feel like I want to rehash, relive it, continue feeling the feeling.
So please, if you were there, share your thoughts, any thoughts.

POSITIVE ONLY INVITED HERE!

(There are other threads on the topic if you feel the need to be negative.)

Same! Same! I dont think I ever felt so inspired before. Wish I can always hold on to it!

tigerwife

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:33 am
I also appreciated that point about difficult not being the barrier. It’s hard, yes, but we are strong.
For me, I’m pretty ok with having Internet in my life for all the conveniences. But I’d like to scale back on the constant connection that ultimately just distracts me from my family as well as my work. A flip phone sounds tempting, but there are certain apps that are not as distracting that I do use throughout the day, not to mention my camera. Ideally, I’d keep everything superfluous at my desktop and iPad. I’d have to actually sit down in my home office to get to all that, and once there maybe I’d be more productive about work instead. Just thinking out loud!

Mindfully

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:44 am
When they asked the women to not be heard when Rabbi Kolodetsky said "ol malchus shamayim", you could hear a pin drop. It brings me to tears remembering how I was part of 20,000 women all doing the same thing, davening in a tznius way, like the story of Chana davening.

I think it was very well presented and I came away with plenty to think about. I am very happy I went and I never go to mass events.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:50 am
Mindfully wrote:
When they asked the women to not be heard when Rabbi Kolodetsky said "ol malchus shamayim", you could hear a pin drop. It brings me to tears remembering how I was part of 20,000 women all doing the same thing, davening in a tznius way, like the story of Chana davening.

You're right. That was unbelievable.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:52 am
Question - I got there when Rabbi Haber had started speaking. Did anyone else speak before him?
I just called in to the recording and it started with Rabbi Wachsman. He spoke first and then again later? What else did I miss?

dena613

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:06 am
I think rabbi Nechemia gottlieb of tag spoke a little first.
Rabbi Haber was the first main speaker

And they had beautiful women singing videos where the main message was the mother needs to focus on her kids.
There were teo, but that's the one I remmeber

Mindfully

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Question - I got there when Rabbi Haber had started speaking. Did anyone else speak before him?
I just called in to the recording and it started with Rabbi Wachsman. He spoke first and then again later? What else did I miss?

Rabbi Wachsman only spoke later. Before 730 there was a "preprogram" which had Rabbi Wachsman speaking but I don't think it was live. I think Rabbi Haber was the first speaker after the intro from Rabbi Gottlieb the head of TAG. I think I remember from last night!

Also want to add. How important this must have been for Rabbi Shmuel Kaminetzky to come all the way from Philadelphia, and I think he is in his 90's, to say his 2 minutes.

Let's not forget that Rav Chaim Kanievsky zatzal only used the term "Yaharog v'al yaavor" for technology (and maybe for girls going to the army or was that a different gadol?)

Some other lines to remember:
We have been fooled!
We have been robbed of our lives!

"Difficult" didn't stop previous generations from keeping Shabbos
"Difficult" didn't stop parents finding food for their children in the ghetto

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:19 am
dena613 wrote:
I think rabbi Nechemia gottlieb of tag spoke a little first.
Rabbi Haber was the first main speaker

And they had beautiful women singing videos where the main message was the mother needs to focus on her kids.
There were teo, but that's the one I remmeber

Mindfully wrote:
Rabbi Wachsman only spoke later. Before 730 there was a "preprogram" which had Rabbi Wachsman speaking but I don't think it was live. I think Rabbi Haber was the first speaker after the intro from Rabbi Gottlieb the head of TAG.

Thank you. Yes, from the recording, Rabbi Wachsman is first, then two different songs (that I guess were on video), Tehillim, then they announced "Rabbi Gottlieb will be our first speaker".

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:20 am
Mindfully wrote:
Also want to add. How important this must have been for Rabbi Shmuel Kaminetzky to come all the way from Philadelphia, and I think he is in his 90's, to say his 2 minutes.

I was thinking this exact!
And also, for R' Koledetzky to come in from E"Y

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:23 am
Mindfully wrote:
Let's not forget that Rav Chaim Kanievsky zatzal only used the term "Yaharog v'al yaavor" for technology (and maybe for girls going to the army or was that a different gadol?)

The Chazon Ish said it about girls going to the army, and it hasn't been declared by a gadol from then until Rav Chaim said it about (unfiltered) internet.
(Rebbetzin Koledetzky shared this)

pinkchandelier

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:32 am
Is the recording available? If so, where? Was not able to hear the whole thing.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:38 am
pinkchandelier wrote:
Is the recording available? If so, where? Was not able to hear the whole thing.

Yes. It was posted on another thread. 302 446 3464
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational