Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Please advise...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:57 am
Hi! I was too exhausted last night to braid and bake my Challah so I refrigerated the dough after it rose very nicely. I punched it down and put it in a garbage bag in the fridge.

What would you advise I do? Braid them this morning and rise for how long? Has anyone ever done this?

I read a thread that it may have interesting taste because it over rose too many times. Help! I truly hope not but if it's not good dough, I'll cut my losses now and not be busy with it. ... any tips and clear advice would be greatly appreciated! Please no judgement for doing it this way...thanks very much!

cuteness

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:01 am
Its fine
All you have to do it take it out of the fridge, wait til its room temp and risen again, braid ,egg put in the oven it will be fine
Enjoy!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 4:53 am
Thanks!! So I shouldn't let the Challos rise once they're braided like I usually do? Also, do you have any idea about how much time it takes to get to room temperature? And I should let the dough rise a full hour again? Thanks for your help!!! I really really appreciate it!!

amother
Stoneblue

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 5:15 am
When I refrigerate the dough overnight, I braid before it gets to room temp and let it rise a bit more after it's braided. The cold dough is a bit more elastic so I start with smaller pieces of dough to braid but otherwise haven't noticed a difference

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 5:20 am
Thanks!! Just to clarify, you hsve refrigerated dough overnight AFTER it had risen? Cuz thsts the part that I heard ruins the taste/ dough gets like bitter taste after rising so many times? Thanks tons for responding! You should have a LOT of bracha!!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 6:14 am
Anyone? Thanks

cuteness

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 7:12 am
When I did it, the dough was risen before I refrigerated it
I did not rise it again after braiding
But I did wait until it was risen from before I braided
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics