Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Which big Instagram accounts decided to delete? List them!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:08 am
amother [ Aconite ] wrote:
Can’t get more male oriented than Epstein’s meat.

Why can’t we just be proud of people who took this step?

That’s silly. Meat is for the whole family not just the men.

amother
Aconite

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:18 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
That’s silly. Meat is for the whole family not just the men.

Are you familiar with the business?

I am. I’m very impressed that they took this step

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:24 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Because they were urged to.

I don’t feel like I was “urged to” shut my Instagram account. The people who did, chose to. I don’t own a business and I have an account that I don’t have even one post on, just so I can browse through Instagram. And I’m hardly on Instagram, so I didn’t feel the need to close my account. But, I took something different out of this event. Something I’m proud of myself for doing, and has nothing to do with closing any social media accounts. I don’t feel that I was urged to do this, the same way that those who shut their Instagram accounts (I hope) didn’t feel like they were urged to.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:27 am
You’re inspired? I’m horrified. How are these women going to help their business flourish? Why are they being shamed into cutting their advertising? Name one male oriented business that wound ever fall for this.

Mikes chicken, which is co-owned by husband and wife. The wife actually spoke. As someone else said, Epstein’s meat. It’s owned by butch epstein, a male, and he had to be the one to ok going off Instagram. Even if, as someone said, meat is consumed by both men and women

emi1812

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:28 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Epsteins Meat

Lol they never did much marketing on Instagram and rarely posted, it wasn’t necessarily doing anything for their business anyway and no one was maintaining the account. Deleting it isn’t exactly a *sacrifice*. It just makes them ‘look good’ to the local demographic.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:30 am
I'm in business groups where we discuss marketing and clients etc... We actually don't consider instagram the best place to grow your business. Those who are successful use many other ways to advertise. Ads in papers, business cards at local businesses, partnering up with similar businesses, donating to auctions, sponsoring events, getting yourself high on google searches etc... no one needs instagram to flourish, that's not where the real money is at.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:35 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Because they were urged to.

So women are mindless puppets now?

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:40 am
I buy my kids clothes through seeing them on Instagram. Stores share their stuff and I order what I like. Saves me so much time. If social media helps someones business make 50% of their sales then I think its silly to close their account.

cupcake123

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:41 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

Seriously? If someone heard a speech and was inspired to take action that makes them mindless puppets. Wow. Its people that are saying this that are the ones thinking badly of frum women.

Its like when liberals try to be anti racist by doing affirmative action. They're the biggest racist.

amother
Jasmine

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:08 am
bussiness (money) is bashert for everyone with or without social media

watergirl

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:11 am
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:

Yes of course, but we also know that you can not just sit in your house and expect the money to come without you doing your hishtadlus.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:12 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

There was a gathering.

Before the gathering - there was a business IG account.

After the gathering - account closed.

Conclusion: Something happened at that gathering that convinced the owners of the account, to close the account.

I don't see where mindless puppets comes into this.

(to be more nasty about it - the mindless puppets are people who scroll IG and don't chup that they are being marketed to, and believe everything they see... buy buy buy and fall into a load of debt).

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:12 am
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:

Ok then. Sit around and wait for the money to drop on your lap and let us know how it turns out.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:26 am
amother [ Aconite ] wrote:
Can’t get more male oriented than Epstein’s meat.

Why can’t we just be proud of people who took this step?

Because then we begin labeling people/businesses who don't take this step. Sometimes it even goes a step further, and we shame them too. All this does is set up some more hard lines with what to divide our community with.

I don't understand how leaders can grab onto any specific and make that out to be a hill to stand on. IG is crucial for some businesses, while not so much for others. It's really inappropriate to demonize any platform, and consequently undermine and hurt a number of businesses. If you want to promote extra care and mindfulness about the internet, let that be a general attitude and encourage people to take their own steps.

Personally, I think that would be much more meaningful to people. Decide what is meaningful to you, what will make a difference to you, and do just that. Just because IG is detrimental to some, doesn't mean it's detrimental for you. So if you delete IG just because xyz said so, then are you doing something that will carry over to something, or is just a feel good measure as a knee jerk response but with little carryover to your life?

Additionally, should we praise people who took that step without knowing the background of it? If IG had little activity and didn't really contribute to profits, is it such a big deal to remove themselves from it? Isnt that more of a publicity stunt that anything substantial? f I want to undertake an initiative to stop playing so many games on my phone, will removing a game that I play with 1-2 a year be much of an action?

This trying to micromanage people's behavior and set one standard for all is what is so wrong in this picture. People have different needs, different behaviors and different weaknesses. When you micromanage to this degree, you end up hurting a lot of good people alongside.

mamma llama

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:30 am
I can tell you that the asifa was POWERFUL. No, I did not become a mindless puppet or a zealot, but I walked away feeling empowered to make the decision I already knew was right for my current circumstances. That's what this was all about: giving us the strength to make the choices we deep down wanted to make.

I give everyone a bracha that they should feel empowered to make the best decisions for themselves - and not just with regard to social media.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:39 am
You’re inspired? I’m horrified. How are these women going to help their business flourish? Why are they being shamed into cutting their advertising? Name one male oriented business that wound ever fall for this.

Parnosah is from Hashem, in case you forgot. Hashem is a כל יכול and he will also sustain those who have made the effort to promote their business only through cleaner resources.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:49 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Parnosah is from Hashem, in case you forgot. Hashem is a כל יכול and he will also sustain those who have made the effort to promote their business only through cleaner resources.

This. ^^

This thread is in the "Inspirational" section so those of you who don't have anything inspirational to add can please find another thread to promote anti-growth cynicism.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:51 am
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
Ok then. Sit around and wait for the money to drop on your lap and let us know how it turns out.

Nobody is saying sit on the couch and wait for Mann to fall. There are are plenty of other ways to do marketing Hishtadlus without an Instagram account.

emi1812

amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:

And Hashem was still sustaining them just as much and not any less when they had an Insta account. If we believe that Hashem provides parnassah, then we believe that He provides regardless. Parnassah that Hashem sent through Insta isn’t “tainted” or “spiritual blood money” like people seem to think

Last edited by emi1812 on Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Moccasin

amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Because then we begin labeling people/businesses who don't take this step. Sometimes it even goes a step further, and we shame them too. All this does is set up some more hard lines with what to divide our community with.

I don't understand how leaders can grab onto any specific and make that out to be a hill to stand on. IG is crucial for some businesses, while not so much for others. It's really inappropriate to demonize any platform, and consequently undermine and hurt a number of businesses. If you want to promote extra care and mindfulness about the internet, let that be a general attitude and encourage people to take their own steps.

Personally, I think that would be much more meaningful to people. Decide what is meaningful to you, what will make a difference to you, and do just that. Just because IG is detrimental to some, doesn't mean it's detrimental for you. So if you delete IG just because xyz said so, then are you doing something that will carry over to something, or is just a feel good measure as a knee jerk response but with little carryover to your life?

Additionally, should we praise people who took that step without knowing the background of it? If IG had little activity and didn't really contribute to profits, is it such a big deal to remove themselves from it? Isnt that more of a publicity stunt that anything substantial? f I want to undertake an initiative to stop playing so many games on my phone, will removing a game that I play with 1-2 a year be much of an action?

This trying to micromanage people's behavior and set one standard for all is what is so wrong in this picture. People have different needs, different behaviors and different weaknesses. When you micromanage to this degree, you end up hurting a lot of good people alongside.
Did you listen to the event? I did and didn’t hear anyone saying to delete anything. This is what they chose. 🤷‍♀️
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational