Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Which big Instagram accounts decided to delete? List them!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

tigerwife

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:51 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Because then we begin labeling people/businesses who don't take this step. Sometimes it even goes a step further, and we shame them too. All this does is set up some more hard lines with what to divide our community with.

I don't understand how leaders can grab onto any specific and make that out to be a hill to stand on. IG is crucial for some businesses, while not so much for others. It's really inappropriate to demonize any platform, and consequently undermine and hurt a number of businesses. If you want to promote extra care and mindfulness about the internet, let that be a general attitude and encourage people to take their own steps.

Personally, I think that would be much more meaningful to people. Decide what is meaningful to you, what will make a difference to you, and do just that. Just because IG is detrimental to some, doesn't mean it's detrimental for you. So if you delete IG just because xyz said so, then are you doing something that will carry over to something, or is just a feel good measure as a knee jerk response but with little carryover to your life?

Additionally, should we praise people who took that step without knowing the background of it? If IG had little activity and didn't really contribute to profits, is it such a big deal to remove themselves from it? Isnt that more of a publicity stunt that anything substantial? f I want to undertake an initiative to stop playing so many games on my phone, will removing a game that I play with 1-2 a year be much of an action?

This trying to micromanage people's behavior and set one standard for all is what is so wrong in this picture. People have different needs, different behaviors and different weaknesses. When you micromanage to this degree, you end up hurting a lot of good people alongside.

Did you listen in? That’s exactly what they promoted.
In fact, there was very little concrete advice given. They left it open for each person to take on what they feel they need.

I’m not sure why everyone is so defensive about this. For me, it’s not even about spirituality versus focus and quality of life.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:54 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Nobody is saying sit on the couch and wait for Mann to fall. There are are plenty of other ways to do marketing Hishtadlus without an Instagram account.

Please list free ways of marketing that can reach high numbers of people without social media. I'm sure people can benefit from it.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:56 pm
amother [ Moccasin ] wrote:
Did you listen to the event? I did and didn’t hear anyone saying to delete anything. This is what they chose. 🤷‍♀️

Wasn't Instagram specifically mentioned and demonized in the event?

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:02 pm

Nope.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:04 pm

Rabbi Wachsman mentioned it once.

mha3484

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:09 pm
He is not wrong. Secular social psychology research shows that Instagram is horrible for teen girls and young women. It may be good for sales but the young women consuming this content are doing themselves no favors. If no one mentioned Instagram at all in the event I would have been shocked. It is a real problem.

Not_in_my_town

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:32 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
You’re inspired? I’m horrified. How are these women going to help their business flourish? Why are they being shamed into cutting their advertising? Name one male oriented business that wound ever fall for this.

Shalom Langsam. Architecture and design. I just saw on LinkedIn that he's getting rid of his social media in all forms.

Not_in_my_town

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:40 pm
This was his post:

Sholom Langsam
Sholom Langsam
• 1st
Principal Designer- MAXspaceDesign- The home of Masterpieces, where every project is a #Maxterpiece!
22h • 22 hours ago

This is tough, very tough...

I gained tremendously thru this platform be it in the form of encouragement, support, direct and indirect friendships, and of course many many wonderful clients.
Yet, I feel the time has come for me to step off for good...

As of late, I started looking around at the society at large and at our inner Frum circle where it has come to, and in my very humble opinion, for myself, I feel things need to change simply for our continued future... Obviously, someone that has a hetter from a rav should always follow daas Torah!

A few months back I got involved in a new venture where a handful of frum business owners decided to take things into their own hands and do a paradigm shift that business isn't related to smartphone use, we could do business and good business bez'H without it, the smartphone is definitely convenient, very convenient actually, but the ruchniuss compromise is just way too high...
We b'H have close to 1,000 Business owners or executives in the database!!
We had people joining us every day and giving up their smartphones, it was starting to become a pride- YES I'm a business owner or executive without a smartphone!
But- I myself didn't feel that much the pride, true I don't own a smartphone and don't have WhatsApp, yet I never had it so I never really sacrificed for Hashem...
After yesterday's women's assifa where a business owner from Lakewood mentioned how she threw everything away in order to live as a true Yid! I decided the time has come for me to do a bit of a sacrifice myself!!

To see Max space's latest please check out our website, I hope to keep it updated every so often maxspaceny.com.

If you would like to join the movement please email info@segol.org.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:41 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
Ok then. Sit around and wait for the money to drop on your lap and let us know how it turns out.

It is most disturbing that you are not including Hashem here. Without Hashem there is zero parnosah.
Since when is social media the ONLY and CONCLUSIVE way of making parnosah? It is naive to have such a mindset.
I know loads of flourishing business who are not using any social media platforms to market themselves.

honeymoon

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:45 pm
Ok then. Sit around and wait for the money to drop on your lap and let us know how it turns out.

So now not having Instagram is equivalent to sitting around and waiting for the money to drop into your lap? I didn't know I'm a lazy good for nothing because I don't use Instagram. Now I know.

amother
NeonPink

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:08 pm
English3 wrote:
Instagram is much more then an advertising board. Its social media. A website is perfect for advertising.

From what I heard, Instagram is free, website you need to keep paying for to maintain

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:13 pm
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
From what I heard, Instagram is free, website you need to keep paying for to maintain

There are free ones...

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:16 pm

You need a marketing 101 course. Instagram was an addition people used but not the main source of income ( unless they are an influencer being paid to be on it ). You can have a thriving successful business without instagram. And those who chose to close it clearly know and understand that.

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:30 pm
At least not mine SIL (where fashion meets torah, hadassha grosskopf)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:50 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
You need a marketing 101 course. Instagram was an addition people used but not the main source of income ( unless they are an influencer being paid to be on it ). You can have a thriving successful business without instagram. And those who chose to close it clearly know and understand that.

I think the influencer culture that's being targeted here.

People living their lives to create content - rather than being present in the real world.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:53 pm
Is this a frum website??
When gedolim urge a gathering to deal with a very problematic issue, how can you call yourselves frum if you go around touting your own oposing opinions on the matter?? Are people lining up to hear your insights? Receive your chizzuk? How dare people say even the slightest thing that might diminish the greatness of this event?? Please for once can people just zip their lips and allow its' message to become absorbed and integrated into the frum world, and bring some positive changes as it was intended.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:55 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
Is this a frum website??
When gedolim urge a gathering to deal with a very problematic issue, how can you call yourselves frum if you go around touting your own oposing opinions on the matter?? Are people lining up to hear your insights? Receive your chizzuk? How dare people say even the slightest thing that might diminish the greatness of this event?? Please for once can people just zip their lips and allow its' message to become absorbed and integrated into the frum world, and bring some positive changes as it was intended.

Is there no room for questions in your Judaism? Is there only 1 ‘right’? Are there no shades of grey?

BH his does not describe my Judaism. Not a little, not at all.

amother
Clover

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 4:28 pm
How did everyone sell their products or make money before instagram ?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 4:29 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
Is this a frum website??

Do you realize there are other groups of frum Jews besides yeshivishe and chassidishe? While no one doubts the learning and character greatness of the gedolim, not every single frum Jew is bound by their views.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 4:49 pm
If non Jewish people are putting filters in their childrens devices and lamenting the use of social media and the affects of it, at the very least can we show some respect to those that hear daily Jewish horror stories, to guide us right in this area??
I didn't even go to the event, but I do have respect for it and will zip my lip on my oposing opinions for how can I, a simple housewife, possibly speak?!
Why for once can't people just say nothing?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational