Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Which big Instagram accounts decided to delete? List them!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:57 pm
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
How did everyone sell their products or make money before instagram ?

Were there so many frum women who had their own small business?

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:23 pm
amother [ NeonPink ] wrote:
From what I heard, Instagram is free, website you need to keep paying for to maintain

Yes. $10 a year for the domain name, plus $5 a month for hosting. Hardly a major expense. You can use Wordpress or similar so that it's easy to update.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:29 pm
amother [ Cantaloupe ] wrote:
Yes. $10 a year for the domain name, plus $5 a month for hosting. Hardly a major expense. You can use Wordpress or similar so that it's easy to update.

How do people know about your website without advertising it?

amother
Snowflake

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:34 pm
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
How did everyone sell their products or make money before instagram ?

Lots of people didn’t have the opportunity to open small home businesses and reach masses before social media.

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:39 pm
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
Lots of people didn’t have the opportunity to open small home businesses and reach masses before social media.

Exactly. There were stores and people pretty much shopped locally. Instagram allowed for people to showcase what they had so people far away could purchase from them. I personally make an effort to support single moms, kollel wives etc...and I can do it because of Instagram. Without it, I wouldn't know abt them.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:54 pm
English3 wrote:
Instagram is much more then an advertising board. Its social media. A website is perfect for advertising.

Wait! Who just kashered the internet? Who decided that a website is kosher and instagram is not? That literally makes no sense.

amother
Melon

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:54 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
You’re inspired? I’m horrified. How are these women going to help their business flourish? Why are they being shamed into cutting their advertising? Name one male oriented business that wound ever fall for this.
why are you horrified its their business their choice maybe they'll have an extra siyata dishmaya as its not something they're doing for pleasure they're to do what feels right for them maybe with time they'll see its necessary for them and thewy'll ask a shalla...

amother
Melon

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:55 pm
very inspiring!

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:02 pm
You all sound ridiculous freaking out about people who CHOSE to close their accounts. Let them make their own business decisions. They seem to be more business savvy than any of you anyway.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:02 pm
amother [ Cantaloupe ] wrote:

This is equivalent to saying that having a brick and mortar store is not costly because the telephone bill is $100 a month.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:06 pm
What "inspired" this?
I hope their husbands are closing their LinkedIn in that case. It's way too open in my opinion. More than Facebook

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:12 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
You all sound ridiculous freaking out about people who CHOSE to close their accounts. Let them make their own business decisions. They seem to be more business savvy than any of you anyway.

I'm not freaking out. I just think it's wrong if people did it because they felt guilty. Or if they are guilting others into following them. Some business models don't need Instagram to be successful. Others do.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:49 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
This is equivalent to saying that having a brick and mortar store is not costly because the telephone bill is $100 a month.

With a website that is literally the only cost, if you're willing to use a free template and website builder. Not so with a brick and mortar.
(I have multiple websites, I do know what I'm talking about.)

ValleyMom

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 4:56 pm
I dont understand what is happening... can someone explain the background behind this??? You are welcome to DM me.

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 5:25 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
If non Jewish people are putting filters in their childrens devices and lamenting the use of social media and the affects of it, at the very least can we show some respect to those that hear daily Jewish horror stories, to guide us right in this area??
I didn't even go to the event, but I do have respect for it and will zip my lip on my oposing opinions for how can I, a simple housewife, possibly speak?!
Why for once can't people just say nothing?

Well said. People are unusually defensive about all this. It reminds me of when my alcoholic patients insist that they don’t have a problem and they can stop anytime they want.

amother
DarkGray

Post Sat, Jun 25 2022, 12:16 pm
I did not read through the whole thread..

The op asked for people that closed there accounts she did not ask to shame the people that did!!
Possibly people wanted to close there account and saw this thread so changed there mind. the responsibility is huge..
How much money everyone will have is decided on RH irrelevant of Instagram or not- that doesn't mean to sit and do nothing bit insta is not everything!!

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sat, Jun 25 2022, 8:04 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
I'm not freaking out. I just think it's wrong if people did it because they felt guilty. Or if they are guilting others into following them. Some business models don't need Instagram to be successful. Others do.

I have faith that the women who closed their accounts are strong, thinking, capable women.
It seems belittling to assume that they’re so pathetic it must be guilt, or the men in their lives, or a lack of business acumen that’s driving them.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Jun 25 2022, 8:09 pm

Why the negative thinking?

Anything a person does for the honour of Hashem and for a higher purpose is to be commended.

I don't understand why ppl need to feel so triggered when a woman makes a decision to go about her business promotions in a more kosher and cleaner manner.

Can someone explain the reason why this is triggering for some ppl?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 4:50 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Wait! Who just kashered the internet? Who decided that a website is kosher and instagram is not? That literally makes no sense.

My impression is that Insta has this image of leading to artificiality, senseless competition, etc., and that other options - website, LI - can be used differently.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:57 am
Exactly. There were stores and people pretty much shopped locally. Instagram allowed for people to showcase what they had so people far away could purchase from them. I personally make an effort to support single moms, kollel wives etc...and I can do it because of Instagram. Without it, I wouldn't know abt them.

How do you know about their instagram page more than about their website page?
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational