Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
SYEP participants must be vaccinated??

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 8:52 am
My daughter told me she got an email Wednesday night, about $100 bonus if vaccinate now at certain sites and at the very end, there's a paragraph about all SYEP participants working onsites must be vaccinated.
What??? They didn't mention a thing during the application period.
Anyone who already got selected and registered with camps, what are they saying?

NotInNJMommy

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 8:54 am
They probably don't want to manage distancing or exposures/quarantining, or have some mask and others not mask, or do testing for non vaccinated. Are you sure they didn't mention it? Usually in a SYEP one is an employee of the city.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:00 am
It says

SYEP Participants placed at in-person worksites will need to have received at least the first dose of one of the three FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccines prior and provide proof of a second dose within 45 days.

Trying to figure out if this includes all worksites.

amother
Whitewash

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:00 am
My DD is on the SYEP program and vaccination was not mentioned anywhere at all. Shes in the 14-15 age group program, perhaps for the 16 and up it's different? I'm not sure.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:02 am
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
My DD is on the SYEP program and vaccination was not mentioned anywhere at all. Shes in the 14-15 age group program, perhaps for the 16 and up it's different? I'm not sure.

14-15 is virtual learning not in-person worksite.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:35 am
That's weird .My daughter got youthcorp and wasn't asked if she had been vaxxed.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 9:41 am
I understood that it’s an incentive to get kids to vaccinate.
Working in local frum camps is not mandatory. Working in the city camps is.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:01 am
fleetwood wrote:
That's weird .My daughter got youthcorp and wasn't asked if she had been vaxxed.

Did she do the necessary 1 day registration already? Did she get this email Wed night? Will she be working in frum day camp?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:02 am
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:
I understood that it’s an incentive to get kids to vaccinate.
Working in local frum camps is not mandatory. Working in the city camps is.

The email/paragraph doesn't distinguish. Yes, the whole email is about an incentive, but that last paragraph, which someone posted here...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 10:03 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
They probably don't want to manage distancing or exposures/quarantining, or have some mask and others not mask, or do testing for non vaccinated. Are you sure they didn't mention it? Usually in a SYEP one is an employee of the city.

They absolutely didn't mention a thing during the application.

octopus

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 12:10 pm
It sounds like that if syep places you, those places requires vaccination . Usually you find your own placement.

zigi

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:24 pm
Did anyone ask cojo for clarification?

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 1:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did she do the necessary 1 day registration already? Did she get this email Wed night? Will she be working in frum day camp?

Yes,yes..and not sure yet

arn

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 2:29 pm
When my son Got the email saying he was selected for the program it said he needed to submit vaccination proof, so we didn’t go thru with submitting his documents and he lost the spot.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:13 pm
arn wrote:
When my son Got the email saying he was selected for the program it said he needed to submit vaccination proof, so we didn’t go thru with submitting his documents and he lost the spot.

Oh, interesting. The winning lottery notification email from the city stated right away he'll need proof of vaccination?

Amarante

Post Fri, Jun 24 2022, 3:35 pm
New York City employees who work in person or interact with the public are required to be vaccinated.

SYEP participants are considered to be employees of New York City and therefore subject to the vaccine requirements.

There is nothing confusing and this is true of other locations which have SYEP and vaccination requirements for municipal employees. I know this is true in Seattle.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 1:25 am
Amarante wrote:
New York City employees who work in person or interact with the public are required to be vaccinated.

SYEP participants are considered to be employees of New York City and therefore subject to the vaccine requirements.

There is nothing confusing and this is true of other locations which have SYEP and vaccination requirements for municipal employees. I know this is true in Seattle.

What strange is that it wasn't mentioned at the time of applying. Kinda of a big deal.
Wonder what frum day camps will do as the majority of kids won't vaccinate for this, if they haven't until now.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 1:28 am
Doesn’t seem like the are actually following thru in this requirement. That’s what I’m hearing from others who signed up
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries