Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
LG Fridge - how to turn off freezer light?

glowing1

Post Sat, Jun 25 2022, 8:03 pm
Hi, I am still struggling to figure out how to use my freezer on Shabbos. (It came with my house, I didn’t buy…)

I was able to find the magnetic sensor on my fridge to place magnets over, which keeps the light off on Shabbos.

Does anyone have an LG fridge with freezer on bottom with magnetic sensors? I can’t find the magnetic strip but would love to know if anyone else figured it out so that I can use my freezer on these hot Shabbosim. TIA.

jflower

Post Sat, Jun 25 2022, 8:23 pm
DIYMAG Powerful Neodymium Disc Magnets, Permanent, Strong, Rare Earth Magnets. Fridge, DIY, Building, Scientific, Craft, and Office Magnets, 1.26 inch x 1/8 inch,16 Pack
Amazon's
Choice
in Rare Earth Magnets by DIYMAG

I bought these magnets which come with two sided tape so that you can easily tape them in the fridge or freezer compartment. It overrides the smart system so that the light doesn't come on when you open the door.

I was told not to leave the magnets on all the time so I remove them on motzei Shabbos.

imasinger

Post Sat, Jun 25 2022, 8:29 pm
On our LG, the strip is on the LH side, if you open the drawer slightly, and slide your left hand with the magnet on the underside of the molding, you should find it.

We use Velcro dots to stick on and mark the right place, then put the other side on the magnets, so it's easy to place every week.

glowing1

Post Sat, Jun 25 2022, 8:43 pm
imasinger wrote:
On our LG, the strip is on the LH side, if you open the drawer slightly, and slide your left hand with the magnet on the underside of the molding, you should find it.

We use Velcro dots to stick on and mark the right place, then put the other side on the magnets, so it's easy to place every week.

Thank you so much! Trying now and can’t find the place. Which molding do you mean? Is this the top left underside of fridge door? Or on wall of the freezer.

My LG is lfcc22426s. Is yours? It has a bottom freezer drawer with a pullout drawer and ice tray on top left.

Coke Slurpee

Post Sat, Jun 25 2022, 9:06 pm
I don't know if I have the same model, but on ours we hold down the freezer and water filter button down at the same time for 3 seconds and it puts it on Shabbos mode and the light does not go on.

imasinger

Post Sat, Jun 25 2022, 9:18 pm
glowing1 wrote:
Thank you so much! Trying now and can’t find the place. Which molding do you mean? Is this the top left underside of fridge door? Or on wall of the freezer.

My LG is lfcc22426s. Is yours? It has a bottom freezer drawer with a pullout drawer and ice tray on top left.

Mine is similar, I mean the wall of the freezer. I'll send a pic tomorrow.

glowing1

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 6:32 am
Thank you imasinger!

imasinger

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:38 pm

glowing1

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:41 pm
imasinger wrote:

THANK YOU! My husband and I have been searching for weeks! We were about to give up and purchase a stand alone freezer. Thank you so much! We tried it and the light went OFF..l

imasinger

Post Sun, Jun 26 2022, 8:44 pm
Hurray!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars