Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Food Boxes
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 8:50 pm
BP school (that didn't send for 2 years - they only arranged boxes during May and June 2020) just sent out a message that they're having summer boxes.

amother
Eggshell

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 8:53 pm
Prices for everything are just through the roof right now I’m just annoyed that taxes are still going to this.

chili-n-cholent

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 8:59 pm
This is an email I just received
Dear ----- Family,

The GrabnGo Food Box Distribution is coming back for the Summer of 2022.

Would you like to receive food boxes this summer?
(Please click Yes or No)

YES

NO

Please note:
The details of the program have not been confirmed yet, we will keep you posted as more details become available.

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 11:11 pm
This is amazing. I hope they start the food boxes again. Everything got so expensive.... And would be so nice

amother
Jasmine

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 11:28 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
This is an email I just received
Dear ----- Family,

The GrabnGo Food Box Distribution is coming back for the Summer of 2022.

Would you like to receive food boxes this summer?
(Please click Yes or No)

YES

NO

Please note:
The details of the program have not been confirmed yet, we will keep you posted as more details become available.

Where are you located?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 4:02 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Outside of our circles, grape juice is considered a standard drink for daily meals. We've just associated with Shabbos so to us it sound weird. To the rest of the world, grape juice is equivalent to apple & orange juice.

Shhhh don't let Lieberman (finance minister in israel) hear you Wink
When the sugar tax in israel went through last January grape juice was exempted (Baruch HaShem)

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 4:05 am
amother [ Hydrangea ] wrote:
I appreciate getting grape juice more than apple juice cuz it’s so much more $$!

Totally understand you. It's such a basic staple for all of us.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 9:27 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Outside of our circles, grape juice is considered a standard drink for daily meals. We've just associated with Shabbos so to us it sound weird. To the rest of the world, grape juice is equivalent to apple & orange juice.

The issue is that grape juice and apple juice are essentially devoid of any nutritional value - you might as well just drink soda or Koolaid.

The poster was complaining because they are providing these junk liquids in lieu of providing fruits and vegetables with actual nutritional value.

And grape juice is NOT considered to be a standard drink for kids in any homes that care about what their kids eat or drink. It is considered to be the same as soda.

Orange Juice is slightly different because it does have a lot of Vitamin C and is an easy way to get kids to get it but still not particularly healthy as eating an orange or grapefruit is much healthier.

chili-n-cholent

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 9:57 am
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
Where are you located?

BP

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:00 am
Ingredients for kedem light grape juice:
Ingredients. Grape Juice, Grape Juice Concentrate, Water, Acesulfame Potassium, Potassium Metabisulfite Added To Enhance Freshness.
Acesulfame potassium is a fake sugar.
Wow. We’re super health conscious here and I had no idea about that in light grape juice. That’s it’s an artificial sweetener and a carcinogen. We’ve been using it for years. I wonder if we should switch back to regular. The kids mix it with seltzer anyways. Very disappointing.

dankbar

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:03 am
Do you mean light as the golden color or dark that's low carb?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:15 am
dankbar wrote:
Do you mean light as the golden color or dark that's low carb?

It's available in Concord and blush.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:16 am
The regular blush grape juice (not light) is lower in calories than the regular concord. And white has even less than the blush. All regular, not light.

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 11:02 am
Ingredients for kedem light grape juice:
Ingredients. Grape Juice, Grape Juice Concentrate, Water, Acesulfame Potassium, Potassium Metabisulfite Added To Enhance Freshness.
Acesulfame potassium is a fake sugar.

This is why my Rav holds that we can't use Light Grape Juice for the 4 cups on Pesach, unless someone is diabetic or has a health issue that would prohibit them from drinking regular grape juice.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking