Home

Disadvantages of starting a youtube channel?

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 6:31 am
What would be disadvantages of starting a youtube channel, given the following?
1. I'm not trying to make money. If, one day, I do, then I could use it to improve the quality of the videos, but it's not my goal.
2. The theme would be cooking, saving money... I guess household ideas, tips, methods. But all kosher. So no saving money by buying $2 chicken cutlets at walmart.
3. My goal would be to have fun making the videos, and to help a small number of people. If at least 10 people watched each video (even if they're all my family) then I'd be happy to continue.
4. I wouldn't include personal info or faces. My voice would be in it, and my hands, counters, table, fridge-things like that.
5. I'm not going for professional quality, since I'm just doing it for fun. Think phone camera and microphone on a little tripod, with a bit of extra background light, and using free basic editing software from my computer.

amother

Babyblue

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 6:34 am
Cons:

It’s more time consuming than you think
Tznius factor with sharing TMI

amother

Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 6:43 am
Getting your kids kicked out of schools lol...

amother

OP

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 6:48 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
Cons:

It’s more time consuming than you think
Tznius factor with sharing TMI

I can always do it less often. Like if I want to do it once a week, but it takes 4x as long as I thought, I can do once a month. Not an issue, if I just want 10 people I know to watch it.
sharing too much is a good thing to be aware of. I'd have to remain conscious as I go along.

amother

OP

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 6:50 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Getting your kids kicked out of schools lol...

I don't think this would be an issue with my kids' schools. It may or may not be an issue if my kids were actually in the videos, but that's not relevant.

PSmommy

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 7:09 am
I would be interested in watching it.

amother

Lightblue

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 7:12 am
In todays world, where people have short attention spans and there is something more interesting just click away, your videos would need a strong pull factor in order to keep anyone watching for more than the first 30 seconds.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h