Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How can I look "put together" in the summer?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 10:03 am
Can someone help me? How can I look "put together" in the summer? I'm not talking about wearing clothes that are necessarily in style or up to date. But I'm talking about looking some what dressy-- like business casual. It seems that in the other 3 seasons it's much easier-- I can wear a nice cardigan or turtleneck sweater, a black skirt, black tights, and be done with it. but in the summer, it's much harder. All the lightweight tops I order from the jewish stores end up looking so shlumpy on me. I don't mind wearing short sleeves or sleeveless with shell underneath, even though that's very 2016.
I'm around a size 14-16 and in my early 40s. That's probably why t-shirts don't look good on me anymore! Smile

kollel_wife

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 10:18 am
I am older than you, and a larger size as well. I found some of the 'bat sleeves'/dolman sleeves, nicer T shirts, with a straight black skirt and a simple necklace, look pretty put together. (I bought some in Women's Wardrobe in Lakewood last summer.)

The next level is an nice cotton sweater - pricier and hot, but when you want to look put together ...
and have your sheitel done more often, as it gets sweaty, so you'll look and feel fresher.

I also have very comfortable shoes from Shoe Palace that are pretty put together, as I can't wear the stylish ones people wear.

https://www.solettoshoes.com/c.....60900

DustyDiamonds

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 10:24 am
Perhaps solid lightweight t shirt dresses (or the cotton woven ones) would look better on you than tops and skirts. UdelNY.com has a lot. It’s often a more polished and seamless look.

sequoia

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 10:25 am
You can’t.

Too hot.

imaima

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 10:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can someone help me? How can I look "put together" in the summer? I'm not talking about wearing clothes that are necessarily in style or up to date. But I'm talking about looking some what dressy-- like business casual. It seems that in the other 3 seasons it's much easier-- I can wear a nice cardigan or turtleneck sweater, a black skirt, black tights, and be done with it. but in the summer, it's much harder. All the lightweight tops I order from the jewish stores end up looking so shlumpy on me. I don't mind wearing short sleeves or sleeveless with shell underneath, even though that's very 2016.
I'm around a size 14-16 and in my early 40s. That's probably why t-shirts don't look good on me anymore! Smile

Button down shirt and a belted skirt
Linen blazer with a tshirt/top/shell underneath. A different color skirt.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 10:41 am
I find that a white skirt and a black top read polished, especially when combined with some jewelry that pulls it together. The down side is that white shows dirt more, and needs to be washed or cleaned more frequently, so it has a shorter life. But for me it is worth it to replace a white skirt or two every couple of years.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 10:43 am
For me it's the accessories, variety (and color) of belts, flats and earrings.

my mama

Post Mon, Jun 27 2022, 10:49 am
I like dresses, they are cooler and it's easier to look out together since it's only 1 piece. If you wear a wig make sure it's fresh(ish) and combed out. Get shoes that you're comfortable in and try to keep it scuff free.

For myself I find minimal makeup in the summer is the way to go.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics