Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I HATE MY JOB
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:20 am
I HATE MY JOB
I hate what is does to my life
I hate that it makes me so unhappy
I hate that it makes me be an unhappy wife
I hate that Im jealous of my sisters who dont work at all
I hate that we live on a month to month basis even if Im working!
I jhate it that I cant leave because we need the money
I hate it that we dont even have money for vacation
And I need a vacation SO SO BADLY
Married with 2 kids for reference
Am I the only one in this miserable boat of hating my job

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:21 am
Hugs. Get a new job.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:23 am
Hugs stop working. The money will have to come in another way.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:24 am
Separate out what you can change from what you can't change.

Can you get a job that you don't dislike as much?

Can you get a job that pays better?

Is your husband working at a job that maximizes his income or is the entire burden on you?

These are all things that you can work to change.

Other stuff is just part of life - most people don't *love* their jobs but work because they need the money. However, if you are in a job that is actively eating at your spirit in one way or another, then you can look for one that isn't torture to get through every month.

You also have to release any anger or jealousy that you have to work hard and others don't. That is just life - you are better off than some and others are wealthier than you.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:52 am
Start looking around. It's easier to get a new job when you are employed.
If it's the field you don't like, maybe list it here. People may have ideas of things you could transfer your skills to in a new field.
Most families I know need 2 incomes in this day and age. So, as nice as it is to fantasize just quitting, it's unrealistic for most of us. So, concentrate on making changes to your working life that will make it bearable and more pleasant for you.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:54 am
You shouldn’t hate your job.

Get a new job

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 10:56 am
I hate my job too. But I need to pay my bills. Don't quit your job until you have another one. You are an adult and sometimes we do things we don't like. Start looking for a new job you won't hate as much. Think how maybe you can make your current job better. Don't focus on the people who don't work...that may not be your reality. It's a huge perk to love your job but it's not the way it is for many.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 11:46 am
Daven to Hashem! I did and He found me the best new job!!!! I work less and get paid more!

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:16 pm
Thisisnotmyreal wrote:
Hugs stop working. The money will have to come in another way.

We still gave to do our hishtadlus. We can't just sit around waiting for money to fall from the sky.

OP,
I agree that you should have look for a new job if you hate your current one. Work doesn't have to be so terrible.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:18 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
We still gave to do our hishtadlus. We can't just sit around waiting for money to fall from the sky.

OP,
I agree that you should have look for a new job if you hate your current one. Work doesn't have to be so terrible.

Lol, imagine if we gave this advice to men. And then their wives would run onto imamother and cry that their husbands don't work and they can't afford anything.

believeit

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:18 pm
Read this book. Is amazing how my life changed for t he better: https://www.amazon.com/Power-Y.....04551

Oldest

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:23 pm
Actively start looking for a new job.
I've been there OP and it is the worst! When I saw how it was affecting me, and by extension by family I immediately started looking for a better job and bh I found it!

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:40 pm
amother [ Quince ] wrote:
Lol, imagine if we gave this advice to men. And then their wives would run onto imamother and cry that their husbands don't work and they can't afford anything.

Difference: we are young women raising large families including infants and toddlers. That is a legitimate reason to be home!

It is hard when husbands are not able to provide and it more and more common. It is also the price we pay for not educating our boys and starting our families before we are financially stable.

OP I hope you can find a job you enjoy more and that has more flexibility.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:41 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:

OP,

Yes but a if she wishes to not have to work, then she is taking the parnassa her husband is supposed to make straight out of his paycheck and into hers instead.

amother
Burntblack

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:41 pm
When I hated my job, that took over my life. 😖

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:44 pm
Oldest wrote:
Actively start looking for a new job.
I've been there OP and it is the worst! When I saw how it was affecting me, and by extension by family I immediately started looking for a better job and bh I found it!

I tried! in the past 2 weeks Ive sent my resume to approximately 10 places.
What else can I do???

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:45 pm
amother [ Burntblack ] wrote:
When I hated my job, that took over my life. 😖

How did it change?
Di you finds a better job?
Did you stop working?

amother
Oldlace

amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Difference: we are young women raising large families including infants and toddlers. That is a legitimate reason to be home!

It is hard when husbands are not able to provide and it more and more common. It is also the price we pay for not educating our boys and starting our families before we are financially stable.

It's also the "price" we pay for having large families and sending to private school. Most families need 2 incomes even if the husband is prepared and working from the beginning, not to mention the higher cost of rent/home buying in a frum community. Especially with the current economy, I don't see it getting better.

amother
OP

amother [ Mustard ] wrote:

Exactly
thank you, Mustard

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:46 pm
BTDT. It ruined my life. I quit and I don’t make any cheshbonos, and somehow we have money for what we need. It’s hard, don’t get me wrong, sometimes it wish I could splurge on sushi or a new skirt, but I decided to make the trade. My husband has a very low paying job. Hashem takes care of us.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics