Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Europe shabbos ideas
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:38 pm
Hi I'm trying to plan a summer vacation in Europe and I'm looking for a nice "different" shabbos experience somewhere with an eruv if anyone has any good ideas please don't be shy (anywhere in Europe is different for me so basically just looking for somewhere nice to stay for shabbos)

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:40 pm
Venice?

(It's hot though.)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:45 pm
DrMom wrote:
Venice?

(It's hot though.)

Thanks that's an idea!

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 12:47 pm
Venice is amazing!!!

s c

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 1:01 pm
Anther vote for Venice. Had the most lovely shabbos there in the Jewish quarter a few years ago in August. I found it slightly cooler there than other parts of Italy. Its different than anywhere else and feels like its own little world.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 1:26 pm
Only thing is that I was once in Venice and I couldn't stand the smell of the city!

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 2:10 pm
you need to book longvtime in advance on their site though

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:10 pm
There is an Italian winery/restaurant called Cantina Guiliano in a little town called Casciana Alta between Pisa and Florence. It's like a fantasy of kosher food in a beautiful little Tuscan town. They will help you arrange Shabbos with food and a place to stay. Our family visited for a non Shabbos, but I hope to go back one day and stay longer. They are a lovely couple named Eli and Lara and her food is fabulous and all homemade. Busy in Brooklyn also did a feature on them. Here's their website https://cantinagiuliano.com/en/

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 28 2022, 7:52 pm
Venice also came to my mind first, but our magical Shabbos there was not in the summer, when it can be really hot and unpleasant. You can't go wrong with Paris. Other options would be Prague, Vienna, Amsterdam, and London.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 2:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi I'm trying to plan a summer vacation in Europe and I'm looking for a nice "different" shabbos experience somewhere with an eruv if anyone has any good ideas please don't be shy (anywhere in Europe is different for me so basically just looking for somewhere nice to stay for shabbos)

Not sure about an eruv but St Moritz in Switzerland is beautiful and there's a kosher Hotel there, The Kempinski (you don't book thru the hotel, Google kosher kempinski or something like that and you can also ask them about an eruv)

Venice is beautiful but perhaps too hot and smelly and packed with tourists in the summer. Tho it does have an eruv.

Malta is pretty, there is a chabad there, you can perhaps ask them about an eruv.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 2:59 pm
Just thought, you said somewhere different... how about going to R Shayele of Kerestir in Hungary? Apparently that's a great experience!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 12:12 am
Would any chabad have a "shabbos guy" for hire to wheel my stroller to my hotel I know this is a longshot but....?

amother
Dill

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 1:13 am
Not OP but some of these options are amazing. Never heard about those, especially the Tuscany experience

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 1:43 am
Come to Nijmegen during the Vierdaagse! The 4th day march (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Four_Days_Marches_Nijmegen) I love it. And we have shul there. WE have every two weeks shul. Nah kiddin' I think u should indeed choose for Italy or Paris or something nice and fancy.

essie14

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 4:04 am
Naomi Nachman is in Nice this shabbat. She's been instagramming it and it looks amazing!

Frumwithallergies

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 4:09 am
Gibraltar! I loved my Shabbat there.

amother
Molasses

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 4:09 am
I stayed at https://www.mykosherhotel.it/ last summer and highly recommend. 3 hour drive from Venice in the Italian alps. Not hot. Beautiful scenery, clean, great good, wonderful owners. I also saw this place in the French alps, but never stayed there. https://wreschner.com/#welcome

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 4:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would any chabad have a "shabbos guy" for hire to wheel my stroller to my hotel I know this is a longshot but....?
I don’t think a non Jew is allowed to do melacha for you. You need to ask a rabbi.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 3:07 am
I'm not really loving my options for place to stay with an eruv so.... anyone know of somewhere in Europe where I can purchase a shabbos package and just bring it to my hotel and I'll stay on grounds all shabbos and my husband will walk to. A close shul for davening?

I know I'm being picky on this vacation but Ill probably be spending alot of money so I want to make it the best I can:)

essie14

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 3:30 am
Venice is great for shabbat because it's small and theres an eruv or you don't need one because it's an island? I don't remember specifics but we were able to carry. Many hotels within walking distance to the shuls and GamGam.
I loved being there for shabbat.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics