Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I have covid and my ear is hurting
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:38 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
Huh
Drs are not allowed to protect themselves and also not allowed to get sick

That's why there are protocols in place to keep them safe while seeing patients. Every Healthcare professional receives training on this. What was the point of masking if it doesn't protect you?

GLUE

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 12:52 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
If you are a Healthcare professional and won't treat people with covid you shouldn't be a Healthcare professional. Why did you go into this profession if you are scared of catching something? There are infectious disease protocols for a reason...use them.

Some DR. have a field were they only treat noncontagious people were even BC(before Coivd) they would tell people with a contagious disease like the Flu not to come in.

If a Dr. that treats people with contagious disease like a pediatrician says not to come in then I would have a problem with the DR.

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 1:08 pm
Mayflower, did you ever think that maybe there are doctors who have an underlying health condition? Are you suggesting they should retire? Stop being so judgemental please. Even if the doctor can't examine the ears, based on the symptoms the patient is having it is absolutely possible to treat them with a telehealth visit, and if necessary a follow up appointment when the patient is no longer contagious.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 1:12 pm
Telehealth= Bill insurance for doing nothing.
Of course they're promoting it.

GLUE

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 1:16 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:

Not true, when I need a refill on my asthma drugs why should I have to sit in a waiting room for an hour just for a refill, when I could do it over the phone.

I could take my pulse at home, and have a home breath machine to measure my breathing.
I love telehealth.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 1:31 pm

What??? I LOVE telehealth. I know when I have an issue (strep, ear infection, yeast infection, refill needed, etc) and if I do it over telehealth I don’t need to worry about parking or baby sitters or who will be home for bus or traffic or anything. I love it!!

amother
Thistle

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 1:31 pm
It's also not just a risk to the doctor, but to the staff and every other patient who is in the office then. In the doctor's office where I work, COVID is the only reason we ask patients to stay home. It's still too risky for everyone to treat an active COVID patient in an office setting. We see patients with strep and flu etc and the doctor follows all the protocol to protect himself. You may think COVID is a non issue but we know too many people are still in the ICU even now.
I don't mean to hijack the thread, OP I hope you feel better!

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 2:20 pm

It's not healthy to be so cynical.

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 2:36 pm
That's why there are protocols in place to keep them safe while seeing patients. Every Healthcare professional receives training on this. What was the point of masking if it doesn't protect you?

And I guess you would be upset if you couldn't get an appointment with your doc in a timely manner because THEY got sick?

Masks only reduce transmission not prevent it 100%. And that is only when used correctly and using N95s when in medical settings etc. But based off what I have read on in another and elsewhere where people advertise they wear fake masks (mesh or other ones that could never be considered "masks" to be prevent transmission), cut out the insides of the masks to "make it easier to breathe", or take it off or wear under their nose whenever anyone turns their back.... yeah, I dont blame doctors in this at all.

Part of protocol is to isolate sick people and only interact when absolutely necessary.

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 4:42 pm
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
And I guess you would be upset if you couldn't get an appointment with your doc in a timely manner because THEY got sick?

Masks only reduce transmission not prevent it 100%. And that is only when used correctly and using N95s when in medical settings etc. But based off what I have read on in another and elsewhere where people advertise they wear fake masks (mesh or other ones that could never be considered "masks" to be prevent transmission), cut out the insides of the masks to "make it easier to breathe", or take it off or wear under their nose whenever anyone turns their back.... yeah, I dont blame doctors in this at all.

Part of protocol is to isolate sick people and only interact when absolutely necessary.

I was referring to the doctor wearing the mask and following the protocols for when treating patients with contagious diseases. Is covid the first catchy illness out there? Does every person with a contagious illness not get seen by a doctor?

English3

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 6:31 pm
Arent all drs vaccinated?

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:02 pm
Let’s try this again.
Being vaccinated and wearing a mask mitigates the risk. It doesn’t completely eliminate it.

Not everyone in the field went into infectious disease and chose to work with a contagious population. Some people in the medical field have risk factors themselves. Some live with high risk individuals, and some take their responsibility of not passing it to their next patient very seriously.

Amazing how there are individuals who are all against masks and vaccines for themselves, but think anyone in healthcare shouldn’t have any rights for themselves.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:10 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Yes! This new strain of Covid is giving ear infections and sometimes ear damage. Go to an ENT, you might need a steroid protocol. If your pain is bad, don't wait, you need to address it quickly.

Any ideas how to "pop the stuffed ear" or help drain it? Still lingering weeks after being sick.

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:15 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Let’s try this again.
Being vaccinated and wearing a mask mitigates the risk. It doesn’t completely eliminate it.

Not everyone in the field went into infectious disease and chose to work with a contagious population. Some people in the medical field have risk factors themselves. Some live with high risk individuals, and some take their responsibility of not passing it to their next patient very seriously.

Amazing how there are individuals who are all against masks and vaccines for themselves, but think anyone in healthcare shouldn’t have any rights for themselves.

I didn't say doctors don't have rights. But infectious disease protocols are a given when you work in Healthcare. Choosing not to treat any covid or contagious patients sounds like the person is in the wrong field. Obviously a person with covid shouldn't go for random things but if its a covid related issue then they should get the Healthcare they need.

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:27 pm
I didn't say doctors don't have rights. But infectious disease protocols are a given when you work in Healthcare. Choosing not to treat any covid or contagious patients sounds like the person is in the wrong field. Obviously a person with covid shouldn't go for random things but if its a covid related issue then they should get the Healthcare they need.

Banning infectious people from the waiting room is part of the protocols.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:35 pm

Exactly.
Going to the dermatologist to have a mole looked at or going to the dentist for a check up while sick with Covid - or any virus for that matter - is obviously ridiculous.
Going to see an ENT or general physician while sick with Covid - or any virus - is kind of one of the main things these doctors exist for. I would say that an ENT or general physician who refuses to see sick patients is almost entirely useless and needs to find a new career. They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:40 pm
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
Exactly.
Going to the dermatologist to have a mole looked at or going to the dentist for a check up while sick with Covid - or any virus for that matter - is obviously ridiculous.
Going to see an ENT or general physician while sick with Covid - or any virus - is kind of one of the main things these doctors exist for. I would say that an ENT or general physician who refuses to see sick patients is almost entirely useless and needs to find a new career. They should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

They are smart enough to know they have nothing to offer a mild case in person. why should they take risk of themselves and staff?

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 7:43 pm
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
They are smart enough to know they have nothing to offer a mild case in person. why should they take risk of themselves and staff?

OP said her ears hurt. It might just be sinus pressure. Or she might have an ear infection. You don't think it makes sense for a doctor to whip out his otoscope and check her ears? Or should he just say "what the heck, I'll call in some antibiotics for you to take regardless."

P.S... Before Covid did you ever hear of a doctor saying a patient can't come in with a cold or flu? Why is this being treated differently? This isn't March 2020 when we thought dead bodies were going to line the street. We know what we're dealing with now. There is no cause to act so cowardly. It is absolutely not okay.

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:01 pm
I was referring to the doctor wearing the mask and following the protocols for when treating patients with contagious diseases. Is covid the first catchy illness out there? Does every person with a contagious illness not get seen by a doctor?
Banging head the sick person needs to be the one wearing the N95!!! And again, so many dont wear them correctly or purposely ruin it to make it less effective because how dare they who are sick be uncomfortable?

And these are only mitigation efforts to be used if there is no other way to get treatment and medical care. But if it can be done via telehealth then why not?
Why needlessly expose a doctor, medical assistant, the lady who checks people in at the front desk, the nurse, and everyone in the elevator and waiting room?!?

amother
Arcticblue

Post Wed, Jun 29 2022, 8:07 pm
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
OP said her ears hurt. It might just be sinus pressure. Or she might have an ear infection. You don't think it makes sense for a doctor to whip out his otoscope and check her ears? Or should he just say "what the heck, I'll call in some antibiotics for you to take regardless."

P.S... Before Covid did you ever hear of a doctor saying a patient can't come in with a cold or flu? Why is this being treated differently? This isn't March 2020 when we thought dead bodies were going to line the street. We know what we're dealing with now. There is no cause to act so cowardly. It is absolutely not okay.

Has OP confirmed that she had a telehealth call with her Doctor yet, what his advice is?..

Can you tell us your personal story - you are carrying around a lot of anger.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics