Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
If you allow tv shows/ movies for children
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 11:11 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Can I ask everyone who doesn’t want their kids to see any LGBTQ content what your approach would be if one of your kids turn out to be gay or trans?

Kids who are sheltered from exposure to gay and trabs are faaaaaar less likely to turn out gay or trans.

All the more reason to shelter.

And Disney ADMITTED they are grooming and indoctrinating children with exposure to gay/trans!

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 11:16 am
My kids are far from sheltered. We know gay people in gay relationships and my kids know they exist and they are couples and not just friends or roommates. They also know it's an aveira for men to marry men and women to marry women. We don't judge others or treat them badly, just like we don’t judge or treat our non frum relatives badly for not keeping shabbos or kosher, but we still understand that those things are aveiras.

What's insidious is that it's now being put into children's programming davka to be shown as a wonderful and positive thing. That goes against our values, and it honestly shocks me that anyone frum can say otherwise. This is different than people just existing and taking life as it comes. This is a deliberate attempt at indoctrination. It's not OK.

And there absolutely is an element of social contagion here. The percentage of kids coming out as something or other has skyrocketed in recent years, and by much, much more than can be explained by simply "people feel safer to come out than in the past." This is a real issue and it's becoming more and more prevalent. You cannot assume anything written in the last few years is appropriate for children even if it's labeled as G or TV Y or for a specified age range.

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 11:20 am
Yes poinsettia
This exactly

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 12:38 pm
When I was little child in 1960s, TV and Movies were very clean. They would not even show MARRIED couples sharing a bed - they had twin beds (I Love Lucy). They would not even say "darn" or "hell".

Except for Chassidish, virtually all frum people had TV. My teachers would sometimes suggest we
watch an educational documentary.

Starting from the mid-1970s, TV became very dirty, promoting teen s!x, homos!xuality, promiscuity.

That is when the Litvishe Yeshivas started banning TV from its students.

People got rid of the TV, but now with the internet and smart phones, the Yetzer HoRah is back
in frum homes and even in their pockets (smart phones).

Boruch Hashem we have Toveedo and Jewish Videos, Radio Naki, and plenty of Jewish books.

I did not have that growing up. (Just Marcus Lehman books).

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 12:46 pm
We are living in a generation worse than Dor HaMabul and Sedom.

We must make our homes into an Taiva (Ark) to save our families from drowning in the filth that
surrounds us.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 12:53 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
When I was little child in 1960s, TV and Movies were very clean. They would not even show MARRIED couples sharing a bed - they had twin beds (I Love Lucy). They would not even say "darn" or "hell".

Except for Chassidish, virtually all frum people had TV. My teachers would sometimes suggest we
watch an educational documentary.

Starting from the mid-1970s, TV became very dirty, promoting teen s!x, homos!xuality, promiscuity.

That is when the Litvishe Yeshivas started banning TV from its students.

People got rid of the TV, but now with the internet and smart phones, the Yetzer HoRah is back
in frum homes and even in their pockets (smart phones).

Boruch Hashem we have Toveedo and Jewish Videos, Radio Naki, and plenty of Jewish books.

I did not have that growing up. (Just Marcus Lehman books).

I actually know someone who has teenagers and has raised them exclusively on those old shows.

Made possible by the evil Internet. Smile

amother
Currant

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 1:13 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
I actually know someone who has teenagers and has raised them exclusively on those old shows.

Made possible by the evil Internet. Smile

Yes, it is pretty funny...BH for the internet, im serious...my kids watch I love lucy, abbot and costello, classics with cary grant and jimmy stewart, chitty chitty bang bang etc...all because of the internet. My library has none of these available

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 1:14 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Can I ask everyone who doesn’t want their kids to see any LGBTQ content what your approach would be if one of your kids turn out to be gay or trans?

I think all this gay and transgender content is disgusting and manipulative and done with a very calculated agenda. My six year old was watching baby sharks big show and afterward asked me if someone can have two mommies. I told him no, because you can’t. A baby cannot be born from two bellies . And that’s the part that was confusing him. If he would have asked me more then I would have said more. Anyway, if G-d forbid my kids came out as g-y my heart would crack into pieces, but I would love them just the same. Why do you ask ?

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 1:48 pm
singleagain wrote:
Yes thank you, I was wondering what's big deal if they learn that the world is different and not everyone is the same.... Besides unless you're gonna keep them in a bubble for their entire life won't they encounter it eventually....

Seriously ? My kids are very aware that not everyone is like them. My kids are growing with a lot of people in their lives that are not Jewish, black, Hispanic. My driver is Hispanic and Gay. My kids realized he was gay the first time they met him and asked me if he’s gay. And I told them he is. My kids are very aware. That doesn’t mean I need everyone shoving their garbage agendas in mine and my kids faces all day. It’s despicable .

DrMom

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 2:08 pm
Sneak preview of new animated film by Disney:

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 2:19 pm
DrMom wrote:

Wow.

But also yes, it's embarrassing that the speaker so badly misheard what the man was saying. I'm not sure what buying pads 'for weight' would even mean? Men...

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 2:25 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Wow.

But also yes, it's embarrassing that the speaker so badly misheard what the man was saying. I'm not sure what buying pads 'for weight' would even mean? Men...

Yep. But honestly, what bothers me most about the clip is why children's media in general makes me nervous these days: there's little to no consideration of what's age appropriate. Forget trans- why are we teaching preschoolers about periods? We are overexposing out kids these days.

amother
IndianRed

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 2:36 pm
There’s no benefit in allowing any of it. Err on the side of safety and stick to older movies if u must show them something.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 2:49 pm
amother [ Grape ] wrote:
Yep. But honestly, what bothers me most about the clip is why children's media in general makes me nervous these days: there's little to no consideration of what's age appropriate. Forget trans- why are we teaching preschoolers about periods? We are overexposing out kids these days.

In this case it seemed to be mostly for the sake of the trans angle. With that T-shirt, they were screaming it.

I don't mind a quick reference to period products in a kids' show. Little kids don't get periods yet but there are lots of things in their environment that aren't directly relevant yet. It's just one more thing that might not actually be interesting to them but that they can be vaguely aware of without harm. "They don't need to know/see that" is never a complete reason for anything. You wouldn't be saying it if it were, because there are plenty of counterexamples.

little neshamala

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 5:53 pm
DrMom wrote:

This is unbelievable.
What are they thinking??

amother
Molasses

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 8:35 pm
that they want to sexualize your kids, all kids, little kids...
and determine their "education" what where how and when

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 1:32 am
My mother never even heard of homos!xuality until she was married!

Mother grew up in the 1940s and 1950s.

I heard about it in my late teens - because I was a big reader.

I bet my sisters were unaware "gay" existed until after they were married.

A Hollywood Producer wanted to make a movie from a best selling novel.

His assistant said "But Sir, the heroine of the book is a Lesbian."

Producer, "So, we will just change her to an American."

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 5:41 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
Wow.

He's actually saying I get mine with wings

amother
Apple

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 5:46 am
"Get unscented and bleach free if you can."

Lady, you're literally in the store looking at the product selection. You know whether or not it's available here!

BrisketBoss

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 2:30 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
He's actually saying I get mine with wings

Yes, I know.

The host or whatever who is showing us this, misheard. And repeated the line that he misheard at the end as though it held a special significance. But the way he was saying it, it was meaningless (besides, yes, someone presenting as male having an opinion on period products).
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics