Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Need help planning menu

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 11:15 am
Now that the teenagers are going off to camp I need menu planning help. I'm home with ages 12 and down plus my husband and I. What are very kid freindly very easy foods that my husband and I also will eat? I'm used to cooking adult type of foods. I have one teenager that will not touch pizza, fish sticks etc. I need to shift gears and I don't know how to.

PSA: I put it under kosher kitchen because other forums weren't anon enabled.

amf

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 11:28 am
Why don't you keep serving the little ones adult style food, and just make less of it (or freeze half)? It's a win-win: you and dh have what to eat and the kids get used to eating a wider variety of healthy foods, not just pizza and fish sticks etc.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 6:02 pm
Bump

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 6:37 pm
Quick baked schnitzel
https://betweencarpools.com/se.....tzel/

Baby chicken and couscous in one pan
https://betweencarpools.com/th.....ound/

Minute steak and potatoes in 9x13
https://betweencarpools.com/9x.....olds/

Breaded garlic salmon
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....90794

Oven baked sesame chicken
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....37301

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 6:46 pm
1-Fish fillet(I make tilapia) grilled in oven, zucchini spears and rice
2-Spaghetti with meat sauce and a salad
3-Tuna patties, broccoli and roasted potatoes
4-Super fast supper: eggs with side dish
5-Chicken legs with Orzo
Make yourself a list of a few protein dishes: chicken on the bone, chicken cutlets, hamburgers, fish, eggs, hot dogs...
Starchy side dishes: rice, potatoes, orzo, sweet potatoes,farfels, pasta
Vegetables side dish: lettuce,cucumbers,Cole slaw, broccoli, cauliflower, zuchinnis,stir fry, ratatouille...
Then mix and match according to what you have in the house! I usually don't make soups in the summer. I like to bbq/grill so oven is not on all afternoon.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 30 2022, 8:24 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
1-Fish fillet(I make tilapia) grilled in oven, zucchini spears and rice
2-Spaghetti with meat sauce and a salad
3-Tuna patties, broccoli and roasted potatoes
4-Super fast supper: eggs with side dish
5-Chicken legs with Orzo
Make yourself a list of a few protein dishes: chicken on the bone, chicken cutlets, hamburgers, fish, eggs, hot dogs...
Starchy side dishes: rice, potatoes, orzo, sweet potatoes,farfels, pasta
Vegetables side dish: lettuce,cucumbers,Cole slaw, broccoli, cauliflower, zuchinnis,stir fry, ratatouille...
Then mix and match according to what you have in the house! I usually don't make soups in the summer. I like to bbq/grill so oven is not on all afternoon.

Thanks for the ideas. About chicken on the bone. I find it incredibly easy especially with the store bought sauces from chickies and saladmate but my kids don't touch it. I tried so many varieties. They refuse. It's like they ganged up together against chicken on the bone. Lol.

SG18

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 4:28 am
I didn't eat chicken on the bone for years, just started recently. I still don't make it in my home. I'll do chicken tops or de-boned pargiot or schnitzel.
We do make wings occasionally - will they eat that?

dankbar

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 4:37 am
Tuna patties, tuna melts, Frank's & potatoes, hotdogs/buns, french fries, onion rings, pizza bread, baked ziti, scrambled eggs, french toast, farina, tuna sandwiches, yogurt fruit smoothie, cheese tortellini, pizza snaps, pizza balls, deli sandwiches, sloppy joe in a pita, shnitzel, burger sandwiches, pizza ravioli, falafel, frozen pizza, lukshen with cottage cheese, cheese latkes, cheese blintzes, corn, cut up veg with dressing, cut up fruit. Deli salad, grilled chicken salad,

dankbar

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 4:52 am
Pancakes, Frank's & blanks, eggrolls frozen,

Frozen fries, frozen breaded broccoli.

Baked potato

Lukshen with cocoa, rice with cocoa.

Hard boiled eggs.

Salads like nish nosh or caesar

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 5:10 am
tweety1 wrote:
Now that the teenagers are going off to camp I need menu planning help. I'm home with ages 12 and down plus my husband and I. What are very kid freindly very easy foods that my husband and I also will eat? I'm used to cooking adult type of foods. I have one teenager that will not touch pizza, fish sticks etc. I need to shift gears and I don't know how to.

PSA: I put it under kosher kitchen because other forums weren't anon enabled.

Why do you need to switch gears? Why can't they eat what you always serve them?

naomi2

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 1:21 pm
Anything grilled on a bbq, chicken breast, boneless thighs, hotdogs, hamburgers, wings
Corn on the cob
Salad

tweety1

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 4:19 pm
MiracleMama wrote:
Why do you need to switch gears? Why can't they eat what you always serve them?

Because the foods my teenagers like involve some work. They don't like kiddie foods

amother
Buttercup

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 4:30 pm
So you want easy quick because it will give you a break while the teens are away? Not all kiddie foods are easy quick & there are many adult easy quick too.

tweety1

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 5:59 pm
amother [ Buttercup ] wrote:
So you want easy quick because it will give you a break while the teens are away? Not all kiddie foods are easy quick & there are many adult easy quick too.

Lol. I'm starting to think that I'm not even sure what I want

tweety1

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 5:59 pm
I want quick and easy but fool proof foods my kids will eat. Am I asking for too much? I need a break from cooking

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 6:23 pm
Formed beef or chicken patties or sliders. Serve on a bun with sunny side up with lettuce tomatoes or any vegetable you like. Delicious and satisfying.
Do you have a grill pan? If yes cover the burner under Meath with silver foil so the stove doesn’t get dirty. Cover lightly the pan with silver foil so it doesn’t spritz anywhere. Preheat. Grill reg cutlets on it that has been marinated in oil, soy, brown sugar, crushed garlic and salt. Try dark cutlets with salt n pepper garlic powder with some rosemary. Serve with sweet potato fries or for healthier version frozen cubed butternut squash (or squash fries if ur grocer has fresh ready cut) drizzle with oil salt little honey and brown sugar and roast on high number. U can do green squash chips or roasted vegetables like squash, peppers, mushrooms and red onion. Baked potatoes are easy and good.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Jul 01 2022, 6:26 pm
Schwarma is another great easy option. Marinate in schwarma spice cubes chicken. Cook it on the Betty Crocker if you have. Serve on lafffa or wrap with fried onions (store bought container for crunch) and vegetables to everyone’s liking.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen