Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Accidents every day

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 4:15 am
We started toilet training two weeks ago and he’s had at least one accident every day, is this normal? When will he stop having accidents? I feel he does it on purpose. Btw he’s three and a half

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 8:56 am
If he's 3 and a half he probably could be bribed. Offer him a nice big prize if he's dry all day!
Does he ask to go to bathroom and/or go on his own? Or do you have to remind him and he has accidents when you don't remind him?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:09 am
Summertime is a very hard time of year.
I know lots of kids who were toilet trained before summer and restarted having accidents in the summer.
It's more fun to play than to go to the bathroom.

If you are still within two weeks of starting TT, then I'd assume you are reminding (and making sure he goes!) to go to the bathroom upon awakening, before going out of the house, before or after every meal, before going to bed... Basically every time you go to the bathroom, have him go too.
And a chocolate chip or tic tac or whatever every time he makes one or two.

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 9:23 am
So I attained my 3.5 year old also a couple weeks ago. The first week he had accidents every day then went a week with no accidents. This past week he’s had an accident every day and I’m at a lost. I thought it was getting better but just seems to be getting worse

amother
Lightpink

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 10:29 am
Accidents are a normal part of training and can continue on and off for years. Training is a process- takes time but it all works out.. patience and lots of spare undergarments!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training