Home

How can this dress be "maxi" if its 43"?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 11:45 am
How can this dress be "maxi" and reach the 5' 10" model's ankles (it says in description model is 5' 10"), if its 43"? 43" is nowhere near my ankles, its much shorter, and Im 5'5", not 5'10".


https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....D_BwE
Back to top

amother




Violet
 

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 11:54 am
It’s 43 inches from the waist down
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 1:32 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
It’s 43 inches from the waist down


And this dress is 52 1/2" from the waist?

https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....r=014

and this dress 54" from the waist?

https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....r=410

and this dress 53" from the waist?

https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....r=110
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 1:33 pm
A 43" dress barely covers the knees of a 5'5" woman. A maxi dress is about 57".
A maxi skirt from the waist is about 38".
Back to top

amother




Honeydew
 

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 1:51 pm
I have this dress. I'm 5' tall and it comes down to the floor. It's definitely not 43" long.
Back to top

amother




Honeydew
 

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 1:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And this dress is 52 1/2" from the waist?

https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....r=014

and this dress 54" from the waist?

https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....r=410

and this dress 53" from the waist?

https://www.nordstromrack.com/.....r=110


No, the entire dress is 53" long. That's floor length for me.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 1:54 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I have this dress. I'm 5' tall and it comes down to the floor. It's definitely not 43" long.


I bought a similar dress, same Max Studio brand in Marshalls, same style, different pattern, and mine is def longer than 50". I had to hem mine and Im 5' 5".

BUT theres always a chance that this is a shorter style. Why theyd call it maxi, instead of midi, if its shorter, puzzles me.
Back to top

amother




Seashell
 

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 1:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I bought a similar dress, same Max Studio brand in Marshalls, same style, different pattern, and mine is def longer than 50". I had to hem mine and Im 5' 5".

BUT theres always a chance that this is a shorter style. Why theyd call it maxi, instead of midi, if its shorter, puzzles me.


Reviews say legnth is as pictured. They called it a maxi bc it's a maxi.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 2:02 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Reviews say legnth is as pictured. They called it a maxi bc it's a maxi.


So how does it reach her ankles at 43" if shes 5' 10"?

Something there is inaccurate.

I dont see the words "length as pictured" anywhere.
Back to top

amother




Winterberry
 

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 2:06 pm
ra_mom wrote:
A 43" dress barely covers the knees of a 5'5" woman. A maxi dress is about 57".
A maxi skirt from the waist is about 38".

It's about the torso. I'm 5"3 and a 38 inch dress fully covers my knees. A 22 inch skirt fully covers my knees. So, 38 inch skirts or 43 inch dresses are quite long on me. Even if I were 2 inches taller, those lengths would work for me, as I have a short torso and longer legs. Midis work as maxis for me.
It's very individual, not a blanket rule.
Back to top

egam




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 2:14 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
It’s 43 inches from the waist down


The dress length is measured from a highest shoulder point, not from waist.
Looking at this dress there’s definitely a mistake. It’s either 53” or it’s not maxi.

I’m 5’6” and 43” will cover my knees, but not anywhere near maxi.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 2:14 pm
amother [ Winterberry ] wrote:
It's about the torso. I'm 5"3 and a 38 inch dress fully covers my knees. A 22 inch skirt fully covers my knees. So, 38 inch skirts or 43 inch dresses are quite long on me. Even if I were 2 inches taller, those lengths would work for me, as I have a short torso and longer legs. Midis work as maxis for me.
It's very individual, not a blanket rule.


True, but theyre saying the model is 5' 10" and wearing a 43" dress that reaches her ankles. How?
Back to top

amother




Seashell
 

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 2:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So how does it reach her ankles at 43" if shes 5' 10"?

Something there is inaccurate.

I dont see the words "length as pictured" anywhere.


Other posters have already said thay maybe it's 43 from waist.

It was the second review. Said length as pictured. I would not get hung up on the 43" if you see the pic and people say the length is as shown.

Order it and return if it's not what you expect.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Sun, Jul 03 2022, 2:36 pm
egam wrote:
The dress length is measured from a highest shoulder point, not from waist.
Looking at this dress there’s definitely a mistake. It’s either 53” or it’s not maxi.

I’m 5’6” and 43” will cover my knees, but not anywhere near maxi.


Thats exactly what Im thinking.

Thanks.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 9:28 am
Update: Iits about 52".

Someone at Nordstrom Rack was "asleep at the wheel".
Back to top

amother




Mayflower
 

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 9:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Update: Iits about 52".

Someone at Nordstrom Rack was "asleep at the wheel".


or made a mistake - which we are all very capable of.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 10:01 am
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
or made a mistake - which we are all very capable of.

True. Now that I called it to their attention I wonder how long it will take to correct.
Back to top

amother




Honeydew
 

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 10:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
True, but theyre saying the model is 5' 10" and wearing a 43" dress that reaches her ankles. How?

It might be a typo
Back to top

mizle10




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
True. Now that I called it to their attention I wonder how long it will take to correct.


I’m saying, it’s just a dress description… I wouldn’t get too worked up about it.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:25 am
mizle10 wrote:
I’m saying, it’s just a dress description… I wouldn’t get too worked up about it.


I dont see it that way.

When someone orders a product theyre not excited when they expected something and got something else, and then have to go through the hassle of returning it because it wasnt described accurately.

This applies here to anyone ordering any of these dresses that are described 10" shorter in length than they are.

Its a pain for the store too, to process returns.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Where can I find a white dress or denim jumper?
by amother
5 Today at 8:47 pm View last post
PSA - summer rentals to a "Bubbie and Zaidy"
by amother
18 Today at 12:39 pm View last post
Anyone know people helped by "Achieve IOP" in Monsey?
by amother
1 Today at 1:13 am View last post
Anyone else bought an "Intertek" toaster at Duddys?
by amother
3 Yesterday at 2:42 pm View last post
How to dress baby
by amother
7 Yesterday at 1:06 pm View last post