Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Buying sale clothes for baby for next summer - what size

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:30 pm
Is it a mistake to buy clothes for my baby for next summer? Eyeing different sales going on. I have a 3 month old baby, is there a way to know what size she will be next summer? She is still wearing 0-3 months now.

cupcake123

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:32 pm
Depends on the brand but I would do 12-18

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:36 pm
cupcake123 wrote:

Thanks!

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:40 pm
It is so tempting to buy for next year..,
I no longer do it. Some things will be great, and others won’t work. So you don’t end up saving as much as you anticipate. Unless you have extra money sitting around, I find it ends up being wasteful.
How do you know how much your baby will grow?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:54 pm
Very hard to know

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:56 pm
I'm buying a few things. Or things that are just soooo cute and won't be there next year.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 4:57 pm
Nope. Every baby grows differently

gr82no

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:01 pm
I wouldn’t suggest to buy. I was thinking to recommend you buy 18-24. But I say don’t buy.
Some things run big and some run small and you can’t measure to see how it fits.
You also don’t know how you’re baby will grow once she starts solids. Some babies start gaining a ton and some not as much. Better to pay an extra fifty dollars than too have a bunch of useless clothes

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:12 pm
Not worth it!! I have 3 boys with one hand me down wardrobe and each item fit each kid at different ages. Obviously the stuff I bought in advance never fit the season/size.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:19 pm
cupcake123 wrote:

Lol I have a 6 month old and she’s in a 12-18 in some brands. So no. I vote no. And she’s not a chunky baby at all!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:21 pm
Ok got it thank you so much everyone. I'll hold off even though it's tempting Smile

amother
Carnation

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:22 pm
What stores were you looking at? Smile

realtalk

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:32 pm
I would buy a few things, just not a whole wardrobe. Worst case scenario, you have some gifts on hand.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 5:41 pm
amother [ Carnation ] wrote:
What stores were you looking at? Smile

Mostly Kidichic lol. 80% of my baby's wardrobe is from Target, I would love to be able to swing more frum style stuff

amother
Holly

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 6:10 pm
Quote:
Mostly Kidichic lol. 80% of my baby's wardrobe is from Target, I would love to be able to swing more frum style stuff

I was going to say for sure buy until I saw this. Kidichic sizing is so wonky to begin with, I would not assume anything would fit in a year

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 7:27 pm
Much safer to buy winter clothing a year in advance, as baby wears can wear those clothing over a
9 month period, while summer clothes are only worn for a short 3 month window.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:07 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Much safer to buy winter clothing a year in advance, as baby wears can wear those clothing over a
9 month period, while summer clothes are only worn for a short 3 month window.

Agreed. You also can’t go wrong with things like long sleeve cotton sets or tshirts as those have a bigger season as well- the whole after pesach stage, cooler days in the summer etc.

I would buy 1-4 cheaper things. It always helps with a tight budget to have even 2 things that I bought at rock bottom pricing.

But FTR my toddler looks adorable in target stuff.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:14 pm
I did that with my first. Didn't end up using those clothes until 2 years later because my baby didn't gain as much weight as I had calculated for, and wasn't wearing size 12 months yet.

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:24 pm
I would buy separates I find they’re more forgiving in terms of size

But kidichic is hit or miss. My bigger ones I need to size up and my smaller kids I size down. Usually, not always

amother
Lightyellow

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:32 pm
buy a long sleeve neutral can be worn fall or spring. and buy 18-24 months or for kidichic a size2 will fit the current spring or the following fall. you can buy cute pjamas in any size. no matter the season l. kiddichic 12-18months will fit at 12 months. you can buy cloths for this fall kidichic has some cloths that don't sell well because its not summery enough I would probably buy 6-9 or 9-12. also another tip for fall. buy sweatshirts and roll up sleeves to last longer. sweatshirts usualy look ok big
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics