Home

Overnight babysitting pricing Boro Park

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 8:43 pm
Someone I know asked me if I would consider taking her 2 yr old overnight. It's not something I usually do, but she's not comfortable sending to someone the kid doesn't know... What is the going price for one night?

Edited to add that it would be from 3in the afternoon until the baby goes to daycare at 9:30 in the morning.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:08 pm
Anyone know?
Back to top

amother




Chambray
 

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:09 pm
If it's not something you normally do you can name whatever price is worthwhile for you.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:10 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
If it's not something you normally do you can name whatever price is worthwhile for you.


I want to charge the going price if I agree to do it. Do you know what people charge for this?
Back to top

amother




Skyblue
 

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:20 pm
In Monsey I paid $100 from 5pm until 9am.
Back to top

amother




Zinnia
 

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:26 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
In Monsey I paid $100 from 5pm until 9am.
Huh I paid $100 for 5pm to 10pm in Lakewood.
Back to top

amother




Oxfordblue
 

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:33 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
In Monsey I paid $100 from 5pm until 9am.


A friend recently paid 120$
Back to top

amother




Aster
 

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 9:56 pm
Never thought to charge!?! I do for free
Back to top

tichellady




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:07 pm
I can’t imagine charging less than $20/hr if I was gonna charge ( like not my relative or friend) It’s a big ask
Back to top

amother




Cherry
 

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:36 pm
At least $100 per night
Back to top

amother




Cerise
 

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Someone I know asked me if I would consider taking her 2 yr old overnight. It's not something I usually do, but she's not comfortable sending to someone the kid doesn't know... What is the going price for one night?

Edited to add that it would be from 3in the afternoon until the baby goes to daycare at 9:30 in the morning.

For full day (24 hours) the average price now is $175 -180 that’s around 7-8 dollars and hour…make the calculation of how many hours you’ll be watching the kid and charge accordingly.
Btw business is not a chesed, watching a toddler is no easy feat and the mom of the toddler knows that. I’m sure she’s happy she’s giving her in good hands and wouldn’t mind paying you what you deserve. Goodluck!
Back to top

amother




Poppy
 

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:47 pm
Does toddler sleep thru the night? 7pm to 7am? Or goes to sleep, wakes up in the middle of the night or wakes at 5.30 am and won't go back to sleep?
(I have a 2yr old playgroup and I hear all kind of scenarios from parents! LOL )
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 10:53 pm
Thanks everyone
Back to top

amother




Bellflower
 

Post Mon, Jul 04 2022, 11:11 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
For full day (24 hours) the average price now is $175 -180 that’s around 7-8 dollars and hour…make the calculation of how many hours you’ll be watching the kid and charge accordingly.
Btw business is not a chesed, watching a toddler is no easy feat and the mom of the toddler knows that. I’m sure she’s happy she’s giving her in good hands and wouldn’t mind paying you what you deserve. Goodluck!


Its your not making a business as a babysitter - then watching a toddler can be a chesed.
Back to top

WhatFor




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 12:28 am
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Does toddler sleep thru the night? 7pm to 7am? Or goes to sleep, wakes up in the middle of the night or wakes at 5.30 am and won't go back to sleep?
(I have a 2yr old playgroup and I hear all kind of scenarios from parents! LOL )


Even toddlers who normally sleep through the night may not sleep as usual in an environment they're not used to.
Back to top

kreindel meidel




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 12:43 am
I just sent and it was 100$
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 7:30 am
All of your who answered without a location-is this for Boro Park?
Back to top

amother




Chartreuse
 

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 7:54 am
My dd did this often. ( in boro park) She slept over and picked up children from school, did hw, etc so she asked for 20 an hr for waking hours
You charge for waking hours so 3- 7ish (child is coming to you- so 8-10 an hr?)And then 100 for night hours.
So figure about 120-150.
Back to top

amother




Caramel
 

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 10:09 am
Overnight babysitting doesn’t go per hour it’s a set price from $100-$120
Per hour babysitting like from 5pm-11pm is per hour and yes ends up the same as an overnight job.
Back to top

tichellady




 
 
 
 

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 10:59 am
I don’t live in bp but $100 seems like nothing to me to watch a child overnight. It’s a lot of responsibility and can involve losing sleep and $100 would not cut it in my world.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Separate Men/Women Water Park in Israel
by amother
16 Today at 6:57 am View last post
Centerpiece/props gemach in boro park or flatbush
by amother
1 Yesterday at 1:11 pm View last post
Boro Park / Flatbush based female music teacher
by amother
1 Yesterday at 12:52 pm View last post
Electrolysis in Boro Park
by amother
17 Yesterday at 10:08 am View last post
Overnight Trip
by amother
4 Sat, Aug 06 2022, 11:53 pm View last post