Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
How do you get over procrastination?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 8:59 am
Once I've started work I'm all in but I often find myself procrastinating at the start of the work day. I find client meetings are great at propelling me into work but obviously, I don't have client meetings every day.

Looking for ideas. What do you do that helps you get started?

Eselle13

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 9:01 am
Having a hard start time. I let myself do my own thing until 9:00. And after that it's time to sit and work. Actually putting down my phone and going to work now.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 10:34 am
Same problem. Here's what works for me:
1) check in with my physical needs - breakfast/5 minutes of heart-pumping exercise/a 5-minute nap
2) spend the first 20 minutes of my work day doing something that's very motivating for me -- for me that's learning new things related to my job

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 11:23 am
Eselle13 wrote:
Having a hard start time. I let myself do my own thing until 9:00. And after that it's time to sit and work. Actually putting down my phone and going to work now.

Right, I do have a hard start time but I always begin with light work e.g. responding to client emails etc. and then struggle to get into the deeper work.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 11:25 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Same problem. Here's what works for me:
1) check in with my physical needs - breakfast/5 minutes of heart-pumping exercise/a 5-minute nap
2) spend the first 20 minutes of my work day doing something that's very motivating for me -- for me that's learning new things related to my job

So I have a morning routine and get started on time. I'm motivated to begin, just not enough to dive right into the heavier work.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 11:36 am
Wow that's impressive. I'm getting kids out the whole morning (3 shifts minyan/school/playgroup, tantrums etc) and by the time my work day starts I'm huffing, puffing, wiped out, and craving some time to myself.
Can you share your routine?

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 1:15 pm
Work on getting over it later:)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers