Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Shopping help needed for daughter

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 10:00 pm
So I just moved here and my oldest girl is starting school this year. I want to make sure she will fit in, how can I find out what the styles are for shoes, briefcase, socks, etc... and what are some good stores to go to?

boat

Post Wed, Jul 06 2022, 11:58 pm
How old is she?

Check out betweencarpools.com for ideas they are usually very on target...

If budget is not a concern the local stores can help you.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 9:14 pm
Bump

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:03 pm
If you can swing the prices, I would urge you to go to Tescher's shoes in Brookhill. Such such such a nice experience, and she can guide you on what is appropriate for each age while still taking into consideration the child's individual wants and tastes and of course, what fits.

For socks, the local hosiery stores will help you choose the sox that match the uniform. I believe most schools at this point have a rule that you must wear solid color sox, so not much to sweat over on this one...

Backpacks I'm not a huge help as I usually go simple at Target. Not sure where you are moving from, but obvs images of popular movie characters would be a no-no in Lakewood. Generally, conservative things rule, but in primary I think you can still do sparkly pink girly stuff.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:06 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
If you can swing the prices, I would urge you to go to Tescher's shoes in Brookhill. Such such such a nice experience, and she can guide you on what is appropriate for each age while still taking into consideration the child's individual wants and tastes and of course, what fits.

For socks, the local hosiery stores will help you choose the sox that match the uniform. I believe most schools at this point have a rule that you must wear solid color sox, so not much to sweat over on this one...

Backpacks I'm not a huge help as I usually go simple at Target. Not sure where you are moving from, but obvs images of popular movie characters would be a no-no in Lakewood. Generally, conservative things rule, but in primary I think you can still do sparkly pink girly stuff.

Thanks! For backpacks, I wouldn't do characters but willing to spend. So instead of spending on Kipling which I think is out, I may as well get what's in style

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:07 pm
Heads of class
Shoppers Paradise
Brooklyn south west

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:17 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:

No most schools do not have an only solid color sock rule. She should definitely read her schoo’s handbook. And about conservative stuff the schools I and my friends send to the little kids have colorful and sparkly things. Maybe post your school so you get the right advice? There are too many schools to give blanket answers.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:23 pm
https://www.target.com/p/class.....metab

I think something like this is perfect for a primary girl. I don't think I've ever seen primary girls with a designer backpack and I live in a relatively well-to-do area. Double check before spending a lot on a 6 year old's school bag. You know how sometimes when you try too hard, it comes across socially off? I don't want you to be hurt...

amother
Offwhite

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 12:45 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Thanks! For backpacks, I wouldn't do characters but willing to spend. So instead of spending on Kipling which I think is out, I may as well get what's in style
can someone please confirm this? I just ordered a Kipling backpack TMI

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 12:16 am
bump Smile

amother
Leaf

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 5:59 am
Kipling is classic. Don't think it's ever "out"

confusedalways

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 7:05 am
I think "Light+nine" and "state" bags are in style.
I know some people are getting the lululemon backpack also.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 10:13 am
amother Offwhite wrote:
can someone please confirm this? I just ordered a Kipling backpack TMI
Seeing lots of kiplings around my very trendy lkwd neighborhood. I think they’re coming back in.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries