Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Current Wig Prices

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 9:35 pm
I'm ready to buy my next wig.
What are the prices these days for long?
Are lacetops the same price as lacefronts or skin tops?
Do lacetops not last as long?

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 10:07 pm
Lacetops are most expensive, followed by lace fronts and then skin tops are cheapest.

Prices are going up by a few hundred dollars on July 12th Sad

Lacetops do last a long time but they need maintenance every year and a half or so.

Eva and Chloe charged $2,350 for a 16 inch lacetop, and $3,350 for a 24 inch. They’ll be raising their prices again now I guess.

ETA Maybe it’s July 15th, not 12th. I’m seeing everyone else on this thread saying that.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jan 17 2024, 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kumphort

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 10:08 pm
Not sure current prices. I paid about 2k for a 22 inch Irene lace top in feb. I do know that many places are raising their prices July 15 so make sure you lock something in before than

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 10:10 pm
I recently got new wigs for about $2000 each. Not lace. I hope they last a while. Recently = within a couple months. When I got the most recent one the shaitel macher told me prices are going up.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jul 07 2022, 10:10 pm
I was told by a few sheitalmachers that lace tops and lace fronts are all the same price. Depends what length you wear but prices right now for irene etc are between $2200-$2600. Starting July 15, the prices are going up around $300

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 12:11 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I was told by a few sheitalmachers that lace tops and lace fronts are all the same price. Depends what length you wear but prices right now for irene etc are between $2200-$2600. Starting July 15, the prices are going up around $300

My sheitel macher told me that all the "processed hair" wigs from China are the ones that are going up in price.

essie14

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 1:12 am
I just got an email from cosmopolitan wigs and the wigs are all in the $1700 range

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 1:30 am
Anyone here in the biz and can explain how it works when they all go up together? Is there a private shaitel company WhatsApp chat for Al the competitors?

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 1:40 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Anyone here in the biz and can explain how it works when they all go up together? Is there a private shaitel company WhatsApp chat for Al the competitors?

I am assuming this is a coordinated effort if all are going up at the same time

losingweight

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 2:01 am
I'm frustrated at the prices of wigs. We need them and the prices are so crazy. How in the world can we afford it? One wig won't do for most of us. Then there are kollel yungeleit who barely get by the month and the wife eventually needs a new wig. Find 2k in the budget. Not fair.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jul 08 2022, 2:15 am
losingweight wrote:
I'm frustrated at the prices of wigs. We need them and the prices are so crazy. How in the world can we afford it? One wig won't do for most of us. Then there are kollel yungeleit who barely get by the month and the wife eventually needs a new wig. Find 2k in the budget. Not fair.

My sister's friend was a distributor for a popular wig brand. She shared the amount of profit she makes on each wig. (Bear in mind that she's only the middle man) the amount was beyond belief.
They rake in a fortune. It's a massive greedy business and we consumers are being exploited.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels