Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Why Don't I learn my lesson?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 10:47 pm
Every year is the same thing. Every year I go through this feeling. Why didn't I put some money on the side so when Summer is here, we can have some family outings? When this time usually comes we are so tight with money that even buying ice cream, or a shwarma, I need to think twice. Why does the Summer always shock me with ''OMG there is no money for fun?

amother
Forsythia

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 10:49 pm
You can still have fun with spending minimal money. We go to free parks and bring along a picnic lunch and sports equipment, scooters, water balloons etc...

amother
Hotpink

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 10:49 pm
There are so many free or near free ideas!! No need to spend a fortune. Give us your location so we can help make suggestions

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 10:55 pm
I know about parks , free fun. It's the mindset. Should have wrote it's more to vent. Thanks all.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Jul 10 2022, 10:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Every year is the same thing. Every year I go through this feeling. Why didn't I put some money on the side so when Summer is here, we can have some family outings? When this time usually comes we are so tight with money that even buying ice cream, or a shwarma, I need to think twice. Why does the Summer always shock me with ''OMG there is no money for fun?

Op. Let's reframe! You don't need ice cream and Sharma for fun!!

I see this is a vent and I feel for you. But reftame for your kids sake!

Can we help you make this summer fun on a budget? How old are your kids? Where do you live?

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 12:15 am
Google "Free fun things to do in ______(wherever you live)."

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 12:25 am
It’s frustrating
I feel you
Start now for next summer

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 12:25 am
Not for this year, but for next year, do what my friend did: she had literal paper envelopes labeled for each purpose, like "summer vacation" "rina's graduation" "avi's bar mitzvah" and every payday she'd put a certain predetermined sum into each. if she got an unexpected monetary gift or rebate or discount, that money went into the envelopes as well. by the time each event rolled around, she had money for it. You don't need to use paper envelopes; you could have bank accounts for each purpose if the bank won't charge you for having less than a certain balance in each one. What matters is that you pay into each envelope or account without fail every single payday, right off the top, before you do anything else with that money.

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 12:35 am
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
It’s frustrating
I feel you
Start now for next summer

This. Put 10 a week into an envelope. Next summer you'll have $500.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 12:37 am
Of course it's good to put money aside, and other commenters' advice about how to do that is surely worth considering. But don't beat yourself up. I'm sure that whatever you spent money on during the year was stuff you had to spend money on. Resolve to plan a little better for the future ... but don't beat yourself up!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics