Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Sick in bed, need company. Say Hi!
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:26 am
I feel awful, but mostly just lonely!
Anyone wanna shmooze? Tell me anything!

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:30 am
Hi! I'm bored too. Have a whole house to clean and a class to study for but I don't want to do those things. Also it's really hot in here. I'm melting.

So any good shows to watch or books to read while you're in bed?

P.S.... Refuah sheleima!

adina5

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:46 am
What are you sick with? Im also not feeling that great. Im under the weather....
Ive heard covid is going around again. Who knows
Refuah Shleimah!

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:49 am
hi! I'm in bed recovering from appedicitis. my brain is good, my body isn't.

watched movies yesterday. daytime tv on today. need to try to walk a little later

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 11:03 am
been making a list of all the silly things I think of that have or would make this all easier - a few gems - practical: keep a lightweight filled water bottle in the fridge (my favorite mug I usually fill fresh is too heavy to lift), silly: become strong enough to move dh if he needs help like I do (imagining how strong I'd become is fun), keep large box of cereal bars in the pantry - we tucked them in bed with me and it is feels more normal to be able to independently have a snack, I'm not great at asking for help and dh has to work and take care of everything I can't

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 2:22 pm
Hi y'all! What should we schmooze about?

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 2:27 pm
My older toddler was spoonfeeding my younger toddler today and it was really cute! (They have been spoonfed by adults very rarely throughout their lives, but clearly they have the concept down.)

English3

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 2:29 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Hi y'all! What should we schmooze about?

English people like to shmooze about ..... The weather. Today is boiling for us Londoners and if you rent a house chances are you don't have air conditioning. So we are melting in the heat. I don't understand how other countries cope, I could barely walk five minutes to my work.

amother
Vanilla

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 2:32 pm
English3 wrote:
English people like to shmooze about ..... The weather. Today is boiling for us Londoners and if you rent a house chances are you don't have air conditioning. So we are melting in the heat. I don't understand how other countries cope, I could barely walk five minutes to my work.

Cuz for us Americans AC in every room is a must or you have central air conditioning. In other countries it doesn’t seem to be such a must.

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 2:34 pm
English3 wrote:

Omg I could not manage. I need AC everywhere I go. Today is 82 in Lakewood, but tomorrow and Wednesday will be low 90s.

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 3:39 pm
English3 wrote:

Wow English3 I really feel for you! I live in london too and its a scorcher. Next sunday is 34°!! Do you have ac in your car at least? I remember those days living without ac and the few hot days in the summer felt like a year it was so unbearable.

Bh even though we are still renting the house came with 3 ac units, bh bh my car has ac that actually works and the office I work in has blasting air con. Most shops also do. So as I go about my day from one air-conditioned place to another I manage although I still have a raging migraine right now. But oy I feel bad for my kids, they walk to and from school and their school doesnt have ac in all the classrooms and they come home red faced and sweat drenched they run straight to the shower. And the rooms in my house without an air con unit are a huge mess because I can't face being in them more than 5 min.

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:26 pm
79, also due to go up this week. one window AC and strategic fans. glad I batch cooked before I went down and the heat up!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:46 pm
Hi guys!
I've just had this awful cold for over a week now, it's really knocking me out. And the worst part is just feeling so useless. Laying around doing nothing, feeling like I can't move.
I don't watch shows, somehow every book I pick up gets put down, I can't seem to get through it. My husband's been taking care of the kids and house mostly. It's been lonely!
I ended up falling asleep, which is why I left you to shmooze without me. But thanx to whoever chimed in!
Then I needed to get up and pick up my girls from daycamp (my husband wasn't available like he usually is), then I went to the doctor. Nothing really to say to me, but gave me a script for bloodwork since this is going on a bit too long.
Baruch Hashem for air conditioning!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:47 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
My older toddler was spoonfeeding my younger toddler today and it was really cute! (They have been spoonfed by adults very rarely throughout their lives, but clearly they have the concept down.)

That is adorable!

Just to say, since this is a shmoozing thread, I always appreciate your posts BrisketBoss!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:48 pm
amother [ Ebony ] wrote:
hi! I'm in bed recovering from appedicitis. my brain is good, my body isn't.

Oy refuah sheleimah!
Baruch Hashem, nothing major going on here.
Hope you're feeling much much better soon!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:48 pm
adina5 wrote:
What are you sick with? Im also not feeling that great. Im under the weather....
Ive heard covid is going around again. Who knows
Refuah Shleimah!

Refuah Sheleimah!
Tested negative for covid...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:50 pm
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
Hi! I'm bored too. Have a whole house to clean and a class to study for but I don't want to do those things. Also it's really hot in here. I'm melting.

So any good shows to watch or books to read while you're in bed?

P.S.... Refuah sheleima!

Amen! Thanx for responding so quickly this morning, was so happy that you did. I actually went to answer you right away, something got disconnected for some reason, then I ended up going to sleep. But wanted you to know I appreciated it, I was so lonely!

amother
Ebony

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 5:22 pm
made scheduling calls, emails, fixed lunch and washed a few dishes. wiped me out for an afternoon nap. busted out the gilmore girls on netflix 📺 and dh should soon be able to help me with ice cream (the pail is too heavy post-op 😳) I feel like a wimp

English3

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 5:26 pm
op refuah shleima, I feel silly saying this but please take as much vitamin c as you can until you're feeling better.

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 5:27 pm
Hi op.

Refuah shelaima.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics