Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Sick in bed, need company. Say Hi!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Valerian

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 2:40 pm
I just noticed this thread now.

OP dear, I really hope that you feeling much better by now. Refuah Sheleima!

Do you like playing games in your mind, if you don't have the strength to read?

I do that a lot, think of 4 letters and see how many words I can come up with.
I find that it helps me fall asleep at night. Smile Ha! I fall asleep in middle of playing.
I know you want something for when you are awake. If you like word games perhaps this might work for you. Or other games that can be played via thinking.

Re a/c: another country where a/c is a must is Eretz Yisrael!

The summers in London must have become much hotter over the years, decades. Im a Brit, born and bred, and there were no a/c when I lived there.

writeread

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 3:45 pm
Hi,
Just popping in to say feel better soon!

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:00 pm
Refuah shelayma OP. And also, hello!! 👋

Being sick in bed is no fun. I hope you’re able to rest and regain your strength soon.

4g01o

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:10 pm
English3 wrote:
English people like to shmooze about ..... The weather. Today is boiling for us Londoners and if you rent a house chances are you don't have air conditioning. So we are melting in the heat. I don't understand how other countries cope, I could barely walk five minutes to my work.

Hey! We're in Manchester, absolute scorcher today. BH we have air con. Had it installed last year and so grateful for it. I work from home so I really needed it.
Worth every penny for days like these. Now I'm upstairs (no air con) and I can't sleep bc my room is like a sauna.
Us English people aren't made for this weather Smile I hope you have plenty fans. Good luck!

OP, refuah sheleima!
So hard to be stuck in bed.

4g01o

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:13 pm
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:

I find that it helps me fall asleep at night. Smile Ha! I fall asleep in middle of playing.
I know you want something for when you are awake. If you like word games perhaps this might work for you. Or other games that can be played via thinking.

The summers in London must have become much hotter over the years, decades. Im a Brit, born and bred, and there were no a/c when I lived there.

They've definitely gotten hotter, or were just more spoilt, but more and more people are getting air con. We use ours for heating in the winter a lot so it saves us a lot of electricity! Which is a huge bonus because we didn't buy it for that.

4g01o

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:18 pm
amother [ Ebony ] wrote:
made scheduling calls, emails, fixed lunch and washed a few dishes. wiped me out for an afternoon nap. busted out the gilmore girls on netflix 📺 and dh should soon be able to help me with ice cream (the pail is too heavy post-op 😳) I feel like a wimp

Oy sounds so rough, refuah sheleima!

4g01o

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:21 pm
UK heatwave: Temperatures rise to 32C amid extreme heat warning

Headlines about the weather all over. Its getting a bit better then Sunday is going to go through the roof. I'm staying home all day besides for an early morning food shop. Can't bear the thought. The car steering wheel burns my hands. Anyone else? Gosh we need to quit complaining when people are sick in bed! But boy I hate the heat.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 7:31 pm
English3 wrote:
op refuah shleima, I feel silly saying this but please take as much vitamin c as you can until you're feeling better.

Thank you, amen!
I would've thought you were my mother, she's been bugging me to take vitamin c, but she's born and bred American!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 7:33 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Refuah shelayma OP. And also, hello!! 👋

Being sick in bed is no fun. I hope you’re able to rest and regain your strength soon.

Hi
Amen. Thank you for your kind words always!
My problem today was too much resting...
Was a bit better this afternoon, but always gets worse at night. Gonna head to bed soon beez"H.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 7:36 pm
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:

Sounds like a great idea!
I usually have no trouble sleeping, but lately I've been laying in bed for hours. And I love words.

I guess I'm a spoiled American, we don't manage without a/c, I don't know anyone who doesn't have... TMI

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 7:38 pm
Fab4 wrote:
UK heatwave: Temperatures rise to 32C amid extreme heat warning

Headlines about the weather all over. Its getting a bit better then Sunday is going to go through the roof. I'm staying home all day besides for an early morning food shop. Can't bear the thought. The car steering wheel burns my hands. Anyone else? Gosh we need to quit complaining when people are sick in bed! But boy I hate the heat.

Lol this made me laugh!
I actually put this in the social scene, and not emotional health or anything like that, because really what I was looking for was distraction and entertainment, and something mindless, couldn't focus on any reading or anything. So chatting about the weather was perfect!
(Though it did make me feel quite spoiled, see above...)

Baruch Hashem, I shouldn't call myself "sick in bed". It's really nothing serious at all. Just keeping me bored and lonely and feeling very useless. Each time I decide I'm just going to get up and do something, I end up dizzy or weak and achy.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 7:48 pm
amother [ Ebony ] wrote:
I feel like a wimp

You said you just had an appendicitis! Please don't be so hard on yourself!

Aurora

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 7:53 pm
Just stopping by to say refuah shlaima! I'm not a big a/c person, but my office is

4g01o

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 10:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Lol this made me laugh!
I actually put this in the social scene, and not emotional health or anything like that, because really what I was looking for was distraction and entertainment, and something mindless, couldn't focus on any reading or anything. So chatting about the weather was perfect!
(Though it did make me feel quite spoiled, see above...)

Baruch Hashem, I shouldn't call myself "sick in bed". It's really nothing serious at all. Just keeping me bored and lonely and feeling very useless. Each time I decide I'm just going to get up and do something, I end up dizzy or weak and achy.

Oh I know what you mean, it's awful to want to do things, but you can't.
Try to take it as easy as possible and iyh very soon you'll have your kochos back.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 6:44 am
So what should we shmooze about today?

4g01o

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 6:56 am
What is your form of self care going to be today?

More importantly, how are you feeling today op?

I had a big iced coffee this morning to keep me going through work, bh.
Now I'm in a huge rush, at the cashier waiting to pay for a few things, and I need to be at school for 3.30 to fetch the kids.

Last edited by 4g01o on Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:01 am
Fab4 wrote:
What is your form of self care going to be today?

I'd love to hear others discuss their self care, but I've had way too much of it!
Right now I want to be caring for others, not more of myself!

Not_in_my_town

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:06 am
English3 wrote:
English people like to shmooze about ..... The weather. Today is boiling for us Londoners and if you rent a house chances are you don't have air conditioning. So we are melting in the heat. I don't understand how other countries cope, I could barely walk five minutes to my work.

Seriously? People in England frequently live without AC? Oh my. You can't put window units or a split AC???

Not_in_my_town

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:10 am
Still feeling under the weather, OP? Hope you're back on your feet soon!

Morning thoughts: One of my kids is going to a place that is almost entirely made out of trampolines. Should be a lot of fun, but I'm a little nervous. Hatzalah once told me that trampolines are the worst. So many people end up with broken bones because of trampolines. I know that insurance companies will raise home owners insurance if you have a trampoline, and they check with Google maps.

What do you think? Trampolines are worth the risk? Would you get one?

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 7:16 am
Hope you're feeling a bit better this morning, OP.

Good for you not watching shows. I don't normally watch shows but make an exception when I'm sick and BINGE on shows. I don't know how I'd make it through otherwise. Such a good distraction. So I am in awe of your strength.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics