Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Sick in bed, need company. Say Hi!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

4g01o

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 10:17 am
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Seriously? People in England frequently live without AC? Oh my. You can't put window units or a split AC???

Yes because we don't have such hot summers. We typically get a couple of heatwaves a year, and the rest of the summer isn't hot.

When we're in a very hot spell now.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 10:21 am
Yeah, still feel yuck.

I wouldn't get a trampoline, scares me. My next door neighbor has one, and we live quite close to each other (Lakewood townhouse style). So all the neighborhood kids use it. She set up rules so it doesn't get out of hand, but they're exceptionally generous and have no problem with it being the neighborhood entertainment. I can't say I'm thrilled to have it next door, though.

I once took my kids to one of those trampoline parks. The first time I heard of it, I couldn't understand how they could be safe. I was surprised at how comfortable I was with it when we got there. It's pretty cool! You do have to sign your life away in a waver first...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 10:23 am
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
Hope you're feeling a bit better this morning, OP.

Good for you not watching shows. I don't normally watch shows but make an exception when I'm sick and BINGE on shows. I don't know how I'd make it through otherwise. Such a good distraction. So I am in awe of your strength.

Thanx, though I wouldn't quite call it strength. I've never watched, and I don't have access to anything at all. My internet is pretty filtered. So it's not much of a challenge for me. Strength would maybe be getting off imamother... Wink

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 10:54 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
My older toddler was spoonfeeding my younger toddler today and it was really cute! (They have been spoonfed by adults very rarely throughout their lives, but clearly they have the concept down.)

Just wondering, you don't spoonfeed your babies? Why have they been spoonfed very rarely?

And are they twins? Or just two toddlers close in age? It's cute to hear older toddler and younger toddler!

Not_in_my_town

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 10:57 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yeah, still feel yuck.

I wouldn't get a trampoline, scares me. My next door neighbor has one, and we live quite close to each other (Lakewood townhouse style). So all the neighborhood kids use it. She set up rules so it doesn't get out of hand, but they're exceptionally generous and have no problem with it being the neighborhood entertainment. I can't say I'm thrilled to have it next door, though.

I once took my kids to one of those trampoline parks. The first time I heard of it, I couldn't understand how they could be safe. I was surprised at how comfortable I was with it when we got there. It's pretty cool! You do have to sign your life away in a waver first...

LOL I agree it's pretty cool. As a kid, I would love it. As a mother....

When we were there as a family, I watched one woman limping out with a purple ankle double its natural size... Yikes.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 11:06 am
Was just looking at this picture, it's currently the background of my laptop, and I just needed to share it! Wish I could be at the kosel now Crying. I was in EY in January, I miss it! And just look at that sky! Nothing like it in the world, and this is in the winter!

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 11:31 am
morning! though barely. that's a pretty pic OP!

4g01o

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 12:05 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Still feeling under the weather, OP? Hope you're back on your feet soon!

Morning thoughts: One of my kids is going to a place that is almost entirely made out of trampolines. Should be a lot of fun, but I'm a little nervous. Hatzalah once told me that trampolines are the worst. So many people end up with broken bones because of trampolines. I know that insurance companies will raise home owners insurance if you have a trampoline, and they check with Google maps.

What do you think? Trampolines are worth the risk? Would you get one?

We've had one, with a net for years, probably close to 10 and bH non have my kids have been injured. And they do crazy things on it.

Most people in England have one in their gardens.

So nice for your child, those places are a blast for them.

4g01o

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 12:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Was just looking at this picture, it's currently the background of my laptop, and I just needed to share it! Wish I could be at the kosel now Crying. I was in EY in January, I miss it! And just look at that sky! Nothing like it in the world, and this is in the winter!

That is beautiful! Flawless blue sky. Wish I could be there too
My dh and older kids are there now! So lucky.

Aurora

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 8:49 pm
I miss EY too. I want to move there, but DH doesn't.

If you could travel anywhere right now (besides EY) where would you go?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 12 2022, 10:05 pm
Aurora wrote:
I miss EY too. I want to move there, but DH doesn't.

If you could travel anywhere right now (besides EY) where would you go?

Nowhere. Just E"Y. Always wanted to live there, DH never did. Sad

Aurora

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 9:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Nowhere. Just E"Y. Always wanted to live there, DH never did. Sad

me too. DH also wants to stay here.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 2:34 pm
hello!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 5:09 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
hello!

Hi!
Baruch Hashem feeling a lot better.
Though I may have been too excited about that because I went out to do some errands and came home totally wiped out.
Oh, and it's REALLY hot here!
Thank you Hashem for air conditioning!

4g01o

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 6:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi!
Baruch Hashem feeling a lot better.
Though I may have been too excited about that because I went out to do some errands and came home totally wiped out.
Oh, and it's REALLY hot here!
Thank you Hashem for air conditioning!

BH. TYH

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 5:15 pm
Another sad, lonely day Sad

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 5:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Another sad, lonely day Sad

So sorry for you ๐Ÿงก
I was thinking of you today, and I was going to carry on the conversation about weather because, well I'm a Brit and we're about to be hit with not very British weather.
Take a look at this image ๐Ÿฅต

https://I.imgur.com/mNmksyi.jpg

My niece's school in London finish school at 12.30 on Mon and Tues. That's how much we're not cut out for this weather here ๐Ÿ˜…

Are you still in bed for most of the day?
Hope you get better quick!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 5:27 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
So sorry for you ๐Ÿงก
I was thinking of you today

Thank you Smile

amother
SandyBrown

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 5:45 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
So sorry for you ๐Ÿงก
I was thinking of you today, and I was going to carry on the conversation about weather because, well I'm a Brit and we're about to be hit with not very British weather.
Take a look at this image ๐Ÿฅต

https://I.imgur.com/mNmksyi.jpg

My niece's school in London finish school at 12.30 on Mon and Tues. That's how much we're not cut out for this weather here ๐Ÿ˜…

Are you still in bed for most of the day?
Hope you get better quick!

Oh wow I heard london is gonna be super hot.

Bh bh my work just had AC installed. Its a lifesave. Im leaving in a few weeks and I hope hope hope my new job will have AC.

I dont know what were going to do the whole fast day and mon and tues... TMI

4g01o

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 6:26 pm
https://I.imgur.com/EhaxGlv.jpg
Read this

I'm not fasting.
My baby is under 24 months, but regardless I don't think I would've.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics