Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Antisemitic or silly humor. What do you think?
1  2  Next

Genius

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 1:03 pm
It came up on my YouTube shorts. I thought it’s funny, but smells a tad Antisemitic. They don’t look like they meant any harm. What do you think?

https://youtube.com/shorts/0kO.....share

Not_in_my_town

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 1:06 pm
I think it is in very bad taste. For many reasons.

It is scary that is has over 10 million views and 1 million likes.

Reality

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 1:06 pm
That was extremely antisemitic! Ugh! I am horrified!

Genius

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 1:08 pm
So you vote very Antisemitic not a tad. I see why.

Reality

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 1:09 pm
OP, did you understand the ending? He killed Hitler and then he was horrified how many Jews there were without Hitler.

I wish I could unsee this video.

Genius

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 1:11 pm
Reality wrote:
OP, did you understand the ending? He killed Hitler and then he was horrified how many Jews there were without Hitler.

I wish I could unsee this video.

I didn’t think he looked horrified. It looked like they were trying to show how the time machine worked. Maybe I’m too naive.

Genius

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 1:13 pm
Yep watched it again. It is awful.

Not_in_my_town

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 1:14 pm
I think it was a very fine line that they were careful to stay on the safe side of. They were careful to make the hatred not overt, but it was there.

There is nothing you could do to PROVE they were anti-Semitic, but the sentiment is definitely there.

I just check this "comedians" page. He has a very dirty mouth and a very low class sense of humor. Jew-hatred would not be surprising come from him.

Reality

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 1:16 pm
I really disagree but maybe someone else can chime in. This was really overt antisemitism in my book.

Genius

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 1:19 pm
Reality wrote:
I really disagree but maybe someone else can chime in. This was really overt antisemitism in my book.

I misread the “sh*t” at the end as “sh*t, this thing works”. But once you said your piece I can’t see it as anything other than regret for what he’s done. Which is definitely antisemitism.

momof2+?

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 1:21 pm
They didn’t even manage to get a clip of a LOT of Jews. That intersection was less busy than boro park on a regular Sunday.

scientist

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 2:04 pm
The very end, when they say “a lot of Jews” “So many Jews”, their tone of voice is unhappy and regretful. Definitely anti Semitic.

gr82no

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 2:10 pm
Wow! That is horrible. I find it outright antisemitism. They’re saying because they killed hitler yemach shimo there are so many Jews. They’re saying it in a negative way.
I’m (not) surprised YouTube doesn’t consider this hateful speech.

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 2:15 pm
Oh eww!!! Every single part of it. Eww eww eww!!!

I'm all for good fun and pushing the envelope, but this isn't even funny. It isn't nice. It's gross. It's so many awful, awful things. *Barf*

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 3:12 pm
Ok I'll be the first one to disagree, because machlokes is fun.

I just watched it and wasn't offended. It wasn't super funny or creative but it was fine. I did not interpret their expressions at the end as horrified, but just like "...Whoa. That's a change. I did not see that coming." I would have a similar reaction if I went outside and suddenly everyone in the world looked like they were part of a very different culture. Is that because I'm a bigot?

I have seen some major anti-Semitism on YouTube, especially in comment sections. Things that were really upsetting. This was not it. (edit: and I did just find the comments and they're actually fine too.)

I can imagine that some people who live in Chassidish areas like this might be offended that it was used for the skit. But I do think it was harmlessly meant and I do not think it promoted anti Semitic feelings. It was just people who look very recognizably Jewish, going about ordinary human activities.

sequoia

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 3:31 pm
Eh, it’s not that bad.

theoneandonly

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 3:36 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Ok I'll be the first one to disagree, because machlokes is fun.

I just watched it and wasn't offended. It wasn't super funny or creative but it was fine. I did not interpret their expressions at the end as horrified, but just like "...Whoa. That's a change. I did not see that coming." I would have a similar reaction if I went outside and suddenly everyone in the world looked like they were part of a very different culture. Is that because I'm a bigot?

I have seen some major anti-Semitism on YouTube, especially in comment sections. Things that were really upsetting. This was not it. (edit: and I did just find the comments and they're actually fine too.)

I can imagine that some people who live in Chassidish areas like this might be offended that it was used for the skit. But I do think it was harmlessly meant and I do not think it promoted anti Semitic feelings. It was just people who look very recognizably Jewish, going about ordinary human activities.

This. I found it mildly funny and not offensive.

Reality

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:24 pm
So if it was about people of a different religion or race, would you still be amused?

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:34 pm
Reality wrote:
So if it was about people of a different religion or race, would you still be amused?

Rough hypothetical. But if somehow there were a near perfect parallel and it was about them, sure.

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 11 2022, 4:39 pm
That was amazing! XD

My read on it: given half a chance, the whole world would be religious Jews, and WASPs would have no idea how to live in this world. Essentially, that the tables would be turned

Last edited by Rappel on Mon, Jul 11 2022, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics