Home

What else to add?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking


View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 4:00 am
my salmon cakes taste too fishy.

I put in mayo, sauteed onions and red pepper with b. crumbs for binding.

what else can I put in?
Back to top

amother




Oxfordblue
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 4:48 am
A splash of lemon juice, maybe some spices? Dill, garlic, or if you have a favorite spice blend.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 5:45 am
amother [ Oxfordblue ] wrote:
A splash of lemon juice, maybe some spices? Dill, garlic, or if you have a favorite spice blend.


thanks but need something more than just a spice I think.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 5:47 am
would peas blend in well?
Back to top

gr82no




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 5:51 am
Eggs
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 5:57 am
gr82no wrote:
Eggs


oh yes I forgot - I put that in too.
Back to top

Good Friend




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 7:26 am
Quinoa or oatmeal
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 7:28 am
Good Friend wrote:
Quinoa or oatmeal


do that too. its just the main ing is fish. wat something to balance it...
Back to top

amother




Blonde
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 7:31 am
Coconut Aminos
Back to top

naomi2




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 8:31 am
Lemon juice and dill or parsley, as another poster wrote. Those will help neutralize the fish flavor
Back to top

Cheiny




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 8:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
my salmon cakes taste too fishy.

I put in mayo, sauteed onions and red pepper with b. crumbs for binding.

what else can I put in?


Lemon juice reduces the fishy taste, then add tons of spices.
Back to top

amother




Pewter
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 8:43 am
Mashed potatoes
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 8:58 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Mashed potatoes


with the red pepper or leave out the red pepper?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 9:00 am
Cheiny wrote:
Lemon juice reduces the fishy taste, then add tons of spices.


how much lemon juice to a lb of salmon?

tons of spices as in variety or like alot of salt etc...?

besides dill and garlic which ones?
Back to top

Amarante




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 9:01 am
Maybe the problem is with the salmon?

Good quality fish wouldn't taste "fishy" unless it tasted fishy before you made it. You shouldn't have to disguise the taste.

That said as others have posted acid of some kind is generally used in every fish dish as a way to balance the flavors. Lemon juice is traditional but some recipes use balsamic or other good tasting vinegar.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 9:04 am
Amarante wrote:
Maybe the problem is with the salmon?

Good quality fish wouldn't taste "fishy" unless it tasted fishy before you made it. You shouldn't have to disguise the taste.

That said as others have posted acid of some kind is generally used in every fish dish as a way to balance the flavors. Lemon juice is traditional but some recipes use balsamic or other good tasting vinegar.


its tinned salmon which can be more fishy than regular,

oh good as I have no lemon in the house.

I have apple cider vinegar. how much should I use to a lb of salmon?
Back to top

Amarante




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 10:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
its tinned salmon which can be more fishy than regular,

oh good as I have no lemon in the house.

I have apple cider vinegar. how much should I use to a lb of salmon?


Just do it to taste - depends on quantity and other ingredients.

Canned fish really starts to taste "off" when it is cooked. I don't like tuna noodle casserole for this reason as the canned tuna doesn't test good. I don't even like a tuna melt. LOL

That said, you should use a really tasty sauce that would help disguise the off taste of the patty itself.
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking

Related Topics Replies Last Post
How to keep playroom functional with add kids
by benny
8 Thu, Sep 22 2022, 8:34 am View last post
ADD Evaluation for adult
by amother
4 Thu, Sep 22 2022, 2:11 am View last post
Jewish chizuk songs-please add more!
by amother
13 Wed, Sep 14 2022, 12:30 pm View last post
Did anyone add a full second side/sink to their kitchen
by amother
2 Wed, Sep 07 2022, 1:42 pm View last post
Contractor to add on small addition
by amother
5 Tue, Aug 09 2022, 6:11 pm View last post