Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Do you have a wacom?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 11:48 am
Looking into buying my first one, but I don't know the difference between all the ones on the market.
Some are very inexpensive and some are super expensive.

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 11:54 am
If you're just starting out, I'd recommend getting the Wacom Intuos, which you can find for well under $100. It's really great and is the perfect gateway to seeing if using a drawing tablet is ideal for you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 12:38 pm
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
If you're just starting out, I'd recommend getting the Wacom Intuos, which you can find for well under $100. It's really great and is the perfect gateway to seeing if using a drawing tablet is ideal for you.

Thank You!
I've been illustrating on Photoshop for over a year now, but I've been using a regular laptop/tablet with a stylus.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 12:39 pm
That’s so funny, I was just researching this.
I’m interested in the pro (cintiq)- does anyone use this?
Do I need to attach it to my computer? How portable is it? I have all of my Adobe programs on my MacBook Pro but my screen is broken and I need to use an external monitor. Would the Cintiq work as my monitor and allow me to draw directly into photoshop?
Anyone know who can answer my specific questions?

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 12:46 pm
I have an old Intuos 5. It may need a cable, I haven't used it in years. Free if you pick it up here in Baltimore and do not resell it.

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 2:27 pm
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
That’s so funny, I was just researching this.
I’m interested in the pro (cintiq)- does anyone use this?
Do I need to attach it to my computer? How portable is it? I have all of my Adobe programs on my MacBook Pro but my screen is broken and I need to use an external monitor. Would the Cintiq work as my monitor and allow me to draw directly into photoshop?
Anyone know who can answer my specific questions?

The Cintiq can be used on its own, but is best when connected to a computer. This is because computers have a faster processors, and if you're using heavy software like Photoshop, it'll be more responsive. The Cintiq is pretty portable, though it of course depends on what size you get. I don't recommend relying on a drawing tablet to be your full-time monitor.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 2:34 pm
How would the Wacom compare to, say an iPad with the procreate app?

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 2:42 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
How would the Wacom compare to, say an iPad with the procreate app?

They serve different purposes. The Wacom is meant to be paired with a computer and used for heavy duty graphics software. A Wacom tablet also is more sensitive and controllable than an iPad, because it's a dedicated drawing tablet. An iPad with Procreate is excellent for what it is and is useful for its portability, but does not replace a typical artist's need for a desktop drawing setup.

synthy

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 3:01 pm
I just bought my first Wacom today! The Wacom One is on sale at Amazon for $300 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082.....ss_tl . Its usually $350-400. I did a bunch of research, and this seamed like the best option for beginners. The cheaper ones don't have a screen, so there's a much steeper learning curve. The more expensive ones have a wider range of sensitivity, colors, and come in bigger sizes.

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 3:07 pm
I have the Intuos. Been using it for many years for photoshop.
I'm a photographer.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 4:03 pm
Thank you all! Just bought my first Wacom. Really excited:)

synthy

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 4:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you all! Just bought my first Wacom. Really excited:)
Cool! Which one did you end up buying? I'm so excited for mine as well! I hope its gonna help me out in logo design.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 6:53 pm
When you use the Wacom Cintiq, do you also use your computer’s monitor at the same time?
My current process is draw on procreate and edit on photoshop. I’m wondering if the Wacom would cut my process time significantly.
I also paint on photoshop but using the mousepad- that’s why it’s for editing mostly.

amother
Yarrow

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 7:35 pm
probably not since I do not know what it is Wink

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 10:18 pm
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
When you use the Wacom Cintiq, do you also use your computer’s monitor at the same time?
My current process is draw on procreate and edit on photoshop. I’m wondering if the Wacom would cut my process time significantly.
I also paint on photoshop but using the mousepad- that’s why it’s for editing mostly.

I can't even imagine doing anything on photoshop with a mouse.
I've been using a stylus, and my laptop is touchscreen. But it was annoying to paint on a 90 degree angle.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 10:20 pm
synthy wrote:
Cool! Which one did you end up buying? I'm so excited for mine as well! I hope its gonna help me out in logo design.

I ended up getting the Wacom One as per your recommendation. I just think that not having to coordinate between the screen and the tablet would be simpler. If I don't like it, it's free returns.

I've been using photoshop to illustrate.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 2:39 pm
You can open photoshop on the Wacom one?
Trying to figure out how different it is from my iPad with procreate.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 08 2022, 3:47 pm
So I bought the Wacom one and finally unboxed it.
I'm dissapointed that it's not touchscreen.
Until now I used a Lenovo flexpad which is touchscreen so I got used to that

Does anyone have a recommendation for a drawing tablet thay is touchscreen, that won't break the bank?

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 10:11 pm
amother OP wrote:
So I bought the Wacom one and finally unboxed it.
I'm dissapointed that it's not touchscreen.
Until now I used a Lenovo flexpad which is touchscreen so I got used to that

Does anyone have a recommendation for a drawing tablet thay is touchscreen, that won't break the bank?

I have a 15" iPad w Apple Pencil. It’s unbelievable what it can do. I cannot talk for photoshop work though bec I only use it for illustrating. It’s excellent.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 14 2022, 10:15 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
I have a 15" iPad w Apple Pencil. It’s unbelievable what it can do. I cannot talk for photoshop work though bec I only use it for illustrating. It’s excellent.

How much was it?
Can you draw directly in the ipad?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics