Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Sukkos in israel
1  2  Next

amommy3

Post Wed, Jul 13 2022, 7:33 pm
Hi,
We are iyh going to Israel for sukkos and are looking for a 2-3 room apartment in Jerusalem (geulah/schneller) for the 2 weeks of sukkos. We are a couple and 4 kids under age 9. Other than brokers and jdira, where else can I find apartments?

Apartments from brokers are extremely high

amother
Bergamot

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 6:47 am
You can ask someone in Israel to look at flyers that people hang on bus shelters, etc. Or you can look in the Hamodia. Or try word of mouth - maybe you know someone whose kids live in EY and want to rent their apartment so they can visit their parents.

But I can tell you now that apartments in that area are going to be expensive. What are brokers quoting you?

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 7:29 am
amother [ Bergamot ] wrote:
But I can tell you now that apartments in that area are going to be expensive. What are brokers quoting you?

You're looking at an expensive neighbourhood, in an expensive city, at peak tourist season. A sukkah mirpesset will add to the price, especially if you want the sukkah already built. I don't know what quotes you are getting, but nothing there is likely to be cheap.

amother
Azalea

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 7:30 am
I assume for a nice 3 or 4 bedroom apt. for the 2 weeks of Succos in the area you mentioned would be $4500 to $5000. Close to 16.000 shekel. Top real estate area.

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 7:41 am
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
I assume for a nice 3 or 4 bedroom apt. for the 2 weeks of Succos in the area you mentioned would be $4500 to $5000. Close to 16.000 shekel. Top real estate area.

In reality the going prices are much much more

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 7:56 am
It’ll be a lot cheaper if you’re open to sanhedria / Ramat eshkol/ maalot dafna

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 7:57 am
amother [ Bellflower ] wrote:

This.... prices are super high this year.

Boysrock!

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 8:14 am
I am iy"h going this year as well and am paying $27,500 for a 4 bedroom apartment in schneller. That's the going price. A 3 bedroom I was looking at wanted $22,000 - and that was without a broker. I don't think you'll get much cheaper even without a broker.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 8:50 am
Boysrock! wrote:
I am iy"h going this year as well and am paying $27,500 for a 4 bedroom apartment in schneller. That's the going price. A 3 bedroom I was looking at wanted $22,000 - and that was without a broker. I don't think you'll get much cheaper even without a broker.

$22-28k? For how long?

A1MUM

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 8:58 am
pm me I can maybe help you..
Shneller is the most expensive area even coming down a little to Tacheles Mordechai will be a little cheaper

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 9:07 am
I am looking into apartments in Israel as well for sukkos. Yesterday a broker quoted me 30K for an old 4 bedroom in Geulah, said that's the rate this year. He said I can get for 15K in Sorotzkin/Divri Chaim area.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 9:08 am
For these crazy prices why don’t you all just stay at a hotel with food?

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 9:15 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I am looking into apartments in Israel as well for sukkos. Yesterday a broker quoted me 30K for an old 4 bedroom in Geulah, said that's the rate this year. He said I can get for 15K in Sorotzkin/Divri Chaim area.

And if you come to mem gimmel area also in romema you can find for 5k.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 9:15 am
SuperWify wrote:

For succot it's way too late to book now IMHO. Mehadrin hotels are the first ones to be fully booked. The more reasonably priced mehadrin hotels are the first ones to be sold out.

pause

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 9:17 am
SuperWify wrote:

All booked already.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 9:23 am
amother [ Bellflower ] wrote:

Was gonna say that but didn't have the chutzpah.
Most dirahs I know are rented out for good. They are no longer available.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:35 am
amommy3 wrote:
Hi,
We are iyh going to Israel for sukkos and are looking for a 2-3 room apartment in Jerusalem (geulah/schneller) for the 2 weeks of sukkos. We are a couple and 4 kids under age 9. Other than brokers and jdira, where else can I find apartments?

Apartments from brokers are extremely high

Peak season in israel is pesach and succot.
The area you prefer is expensive in an expensive city. People really want to travel (and they have money) as they haven't been able because of COVID.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:38 am
A three bedroom with a succa will be around 6k+ depending on how nice it is, what floor etc.
Best way to get one is by word of mouth. The good deals usually don't last long enough to be advertised somewhere. If you know someone in the area you can ask her to check the nshei sorotzkin/ramat eshkol/sanhedria... emails

Fyi Schneller is a luxury complex not to be compared with other places. The only place that would be more expensive would be Jerusalem estates.

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 11:52 am
We stayed in Romema near the central bus station a few years ago, before covid, and rented a very nice 4 bedroom apartment with a sukkah already built for about 10k. Anything closer was much more expensive. It was a far walk to the kotel but doable. Try branching out to neighborhoods further out.
ETA this was in dollars, not shekel, and we stayed from before YK till the day after Sukkos.
Also important is to make sure a cleaning fee is included so there are no misunderstandings on how the apartment will be left.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 11:54 am
Is this in shekel or dollars? 30,000 dollars for 2 weeks?????? That's almost 100,000 shekel!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics