Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Frum Accounting Programs for women

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 4:13 pm
If you have gone through these programs, work with graduates, or hire graduates....

Please tell your experiences with the different programs. Which do you recommend and why? Are the master degrees worth the cost?

Masters in PCS or others
BA from BTI, TTI, others

I'm trying to help my daughter decide on a program, but we don't know so many in them.

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 4:39 pm
COPE, raizel reit

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 9:01 pm
amother [ Strawberry ] wrote:
COPE, raizel reit

Can you tell me about your experience with these programs?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 9:06 pm
To be clear. We don't know so many who have taken these programs.

It would be really great if the accounts on thus board or those that work with/hire them could share what they have seen from the different programs.

amother
Lightcoral

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 9:16 pm
Hi,

I did the PCS Masters program a few years back. It was a great program, had amazing teachers, and I really felt like I learned a lot. That being said, it’s much more expensive then the other BA programs that are now available. I did feel like the PCS really did prepare me to go ahead and pass the CPA. I will say though that in Lakewood your degree does make such a difference if you will be working for a private company. Once you get your first job (which they’re are plenty off), and if you’re a motivated employee, you can be marking a nice salary within a few years of working. If your daughter does go for accounting I would suggest she starts with an AP job which will get her relevant experience to get an accounting job .

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:36 am
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
Hi,

I did the PCS Masters program a few years back. It was a great program, had amazing teachers, and I really felt like I learned a lot. That being said, it’s much more expensive then the other BA programs that are now available. I did feel like the PCS really did prepare me to go ahead and pass the CPA. I will say though that in Lakewood your degree does make such a difference if you will be working for a private company. Once you get your first job (which they’re are plenty off), and if you’re a motivated employee, you can be marking a nice salary within a few years of working. If your daughter does go for accounting I would suggest she starts with an AP job which will get her relevant experience to get an accounting job .

Just clarifying. The masters does or does not make a difference in Lakewood?

What about if she does not see herself living in Lakewood long term?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:45 am
Did the Cope one and really enjoyed it. Though life got in the way and I didn’t get my CPA though some classmates did.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics