Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Chizuk- deleted instagram
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:07 pm
Hi all! Anyone have any tips? I've erased the app multiple times but always re-downloaded within a few days. This time I disabled my account and would really like to stay off it forever. I see how many hours I waste and how I'm so distracted when taking care of my kids. I want to live in the present.

I feel like I'm in withdrawal right now. I open my phone and try to open the app to mindlessly scroll but it's gone...
I wake up multiples time a night to nurse my baby and usually keep myself awake on insta- any ideas on what to do instead so I don't fall asleep while nursing?
And just in general how do I keep myself from going back and reactivating my account?
Anyone have any ideas to help me?
Thanks in advance

yiddishmom

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:09 pm
I started playing online sudoku puzzles when nursing. Much more mindful.

content

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:12 pm
You deserve downtime.
Find something else you enjoy.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:18 pm
I, too, deleted it.

I signed up for some interesting whatsapp statuses of those that I enjoyed following. Otherwise, I'm happy I dont have to see other's garbage anymore!

I do wordle once a day and octordle occassionaly. And I'm just spending less time on my device and that cant be a bad thing!

Good luck and stay strong!

cupcake123

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:32 pm
It gets easier with time just keep strong. I deleted and redownload a few times.... now going strong on a few years.

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:34 pm
I’m 3 months without it.
I had the same when I deleted it. Was also nursing. And my finger just kept going there on its own.

But I’m done with it. I don’t allow myself to google anything on Instagram. I downloaded a Game I enjoy when I need something mindless. I feel so much less empty than I did with Instagram.

It’s the best Thing I’ve done in a while.

pause

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 10:43 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I, too, deleted it.

I signed up for some interesting whatsapp statuses of those that I enjoyed following. Otherwise, I'm happy I dont have to see other's garbage anymore!

I do wordle once a day and octordle occassionaly. And I'm just spending less time on my device and that cant be a bad thing!

Good luck and stay strong!

Thanks for mentioning Octordle. I hadn't heard about it and googled it after reading your post. I love it!!! I just finished winning 3 consecutive games, getting my time down to 3:20.

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 11:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi all! Anyone have any tips? I've erased the app multiple times but always re-downloaded within a few days. This time I disabled my account and would really like to stay off it forever. I see how many hours I waste and how I'm so distracted when taking care of my kids. I want to live in the present.

I feel like I'm in withdrawal right now. I open my phone and try to open the app to mindlessly scroll but it's gone...
I wake up multiples time a night to nurse my baby and usually keep myself awake on insta- any ideas on what to do instead so I don't fall asleep while nursing?
And just in general how do I keep myself from going back and reactivating my account?
Thanks in advance

I'm in the same boat as you! I took apon myself to delete my insta account as a zechus for something . To get my daughter into a school. (not just erased the app, completely deleted my account. Have no way of logging in unless I open a new account now ) exactly one WEEK after deleting my account, we got an email from the school that my daughter is accepted . You have no idea how much I cried. Tears of joy , relief, just tons of emotions bottled up came pouring out. I MISS insta terribly! I deff feel the void ! It's like my cigarette or drug was taken away from me cold turkey. Yes , I'm comparing it to that. I was addicted to insta. It was great for downtime. Was up hours at night on it. I LOVED it. But I needed my daughter in a school and I wanted to take something upon myself that's very hard for me in her zechus. I was deciding between insta which I knew would be HUGE, or a tznius thing. But insta is my bigger nisayon. And God knows it. Well I thank him for taking me seriously and getting my daughter into school a WEEK later.
For chizuk, I'll tell you. It's hard. Hang in there. You are doing this to better yourself. We don't need to see everyone's superficial life. Sure, it's entertaining. But now we have time to focus on our children and spouses and make our own "real instagram" life every minute.

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 11:07 pm
I spend a lot more time on imamother now LOL

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 11:09 pm
amother [ Dustypink ] wrote:
I spend a lot more time on imamother now LOL

Me too Can't Believe It

tweety1

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 11:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Thanks in advance

I so get where you're coming from. I deleted mine a few months ago. I'm still in withdrawal mode sometimes. In the beginning was he--. It took a good few weeks till it got a little easier. I'm still not in a place where I'd like to be. Once or twice a day I still miss it like crazy. Not generally just specific people that I really enjoyed. People that didn't have fake content.
I distract myself with this site, you tube- I I Iove court cases, ring videos. I have some games too. Only twice did I go back. Once because I had to send somebody a message. Somebody I admired immensely. Months later her message had a strong impact on me in a very specific area so I had really wanted her to know. The other time was to get a recipe I saved and didn't remember the exact amounts. I didn't browse or look anywhere else.
Keep going. Day by day. It gets easier. Not day by day but rather week by week.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jul 14 2022, 11:18 pm
I'm in the same boat as you! I took apon myself to delete my insta account as a zechus for something . To get my daughter into a school. (not just erased the app, completely deleted my account. Have no way of logging in unless I open a new account now ) exactly one WEEK after deleting my account, we got an email from the school that my daughter is accepted . You have no idea how much I cried. Tears of joy , relief, just tons of emotions bottled up came pouring out. I MISS insta terribly! I deff feel the void ! It's like my cigarette or drug was taken away from me cold turkey. Yes , I'm comparing it to that. I was addicted to insta. It was great for downtime. Was up hours at night on it. I LOVED it. But I needed my daughter in a school and I wanted to take something upon myself that's very hard for me in her zechus. I was deciding between insta which I knew would be HUGE, or a tznius thing. But insta is my bigger nisayon. And God knows it. Well I thank him for taking me seriously and getting my daughter into school a WEEK later.
For chizuk, I'll tell you. It's hard. Hang in there. You are doing this to better yourself. We don't need to see everyone's superficial life. Sure, it's entertaining. But now we have time to focus on our children and spouses and make our own "real instagram" life every minute.

You described it so well!! Like a cigarette or a drug. Was great downtime! I did it because my husband wasn't happy I have it. He's been asking me for so long to delete it. He never ever asks me for anything. I knew I wanted to please him I just didn't have the courage. It took a long time. Eventually I did it and I didn't even tell him untill like 3-4 weeks later. It came up casually In a conversation and I just so casually mentioned that I deleted it. That smile on his face was worth it all. I was so happy to make him that happy.

sarafrumy

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 6:56 am

Wow that's amazing! I'm in the beginning of her hairstyling carrier, but I really wish I can do it without using instagram..
is it possible to publicize myself another way besides for Instagram?
would you have any suggestions for me?

amother
Carnation

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 9:06 am
A few years free. I used a couple of games.

It took so much time, I still miss one account.

If you need it to build your business reputation, get an old phone, put it there & use it to post once a day when you are working. Otherwise keep it off and not at hand. When I used it for posting it was not as enjoyable at all, it felt like a ball and chain. It only was so addicting as a consumer.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 9:12 am
pause wrote:
Thanks for mentioning Octordle. I hadn't heard about it and googled it after reading your post. I love it!!! I just finished winning 3 consecutive games, getting my time down to 3:20.

wordle
dordle
quordle
octordle
sedecordle

I do all of them Wink

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 9:58 am
It was so hard for me. I deleted my app as a zchus for my baby when I was pregnant and the doc told me there was something very wrong with her. I was still able to access from my browser tho. So I had to block the site from my browser because I kept going back to it. I deleted my account but somehow it was still there. I made up a new password and forgot it and basically locked myself out. It was hard at the beginning but bh I’ve been off instagram since then.
My baby was born bh healthy and she’s three years old!
I am so much happier and spend less time comparing my “backstage with others peoples highlight reel”. I’m less jealous and more connected.

newinbp

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:03 am
You are all amazing! I deleted mine, it def gets easier w time. Recently I thought of buying some new books to read while nursing, yes it costs money but probably better for my overall well being than sitting on Imamother so much or doing something else online. Hatzlacha and enjoy your baby Smile

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:22 am
newinbp wrote:
You are all amazing! I deleted mine, it def gets easier w time. Recently I thought of buying some new books to read while nursing, yes it costs money but probably better for my overall well being than sitting on Imamother so much or doing something else online. Hatzlacha and enjoy your baby Smile

How about getting books out at the library? You’re paying taxes anyways, may as well benefit Wink

newinbp

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:26 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
How about getting books out at the library? You’re paying taxes anyways, may as well benefit Wink

True, I love the self help section at the library and any how-to books like diet and gardening, etc. For a good Jewish novel or the living emunah series for example, I haven't found at my local library. I'm trying to stick to Jewish novels as I love to read and don't want to get wrapped up in non Jewish at this time.

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 12:57 pm
Can I apply for some chizuk as well?
I blocked instagram on my device - right after the asifah - I was so inspired. I really wanted to do this...
And now the tears (of inspiration)have dried, its back to the daily grind, and I'm itching, itching to watch one live , follow one account.
for me, it was the fashion (frum) bloggers that had me hooked, I love fashion. love love love fashion, and I live out of town
Instagram was what kept me fully in the know (it also introduced me ,allured me to subsequently desire and buy brand name items only- but... )
I knew the frum fashions -and I loved it.
ok, I also shopped around for some recipes and etc but was MAINLY fashion and especially now ,with the fall /winter season coming up- the itch is big.
I really really need chizuk. I feel llike a need a book, a podcast to listen to, shirum etc about technology -to kind of keep the momentum going, and to remind me why I did it in the first place.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media