Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Chizuk- deleted instagram
Previous  1  2

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 1:04 pm
This is kind of personal ,but this is what I penned soon after making my decision, and its cathartic for me to post it.
I said,
I said no more Instagram! kadosh kadosh we are holy! and strong! we can do it! all the way. ! live a more connected pure life.(give up IG give it up tonight!) mothers of the next generation
v'zkeainu!
give it up-tears-give it up!
now, the emotions have settled, the tears long since dried and I'm left with my fresh kabbalah, pride ,and a searing pain that comes from withdrawal.
I want it. I need I!
I could cry from the temptation just to browse. my favorite bloggers. fashion and food and entertainment!
jewelry shops to knw what others are buying (diamonds the size of blueberries)
perfect pretty ladies with white teeth, beaming tans and Chanel/Gucci purses
just do it! so hard

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 1:22 pm
I deleted Facebook. It was hard. I was there for years. The first week was the hardest. I did not delete instagram at the same time- I use it for practical things. Buying kids clothes, services related to my daughter’s upcoming wedding. One at a time. Slowly. I will get there. In the meantime I did trim down on the accounts I follow. No influencers. Only shops and products I need.

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 1:26 pm
Wow ur so making me want to delete insta!! I just have a few ppl I really enjoy following- therapist/kallah teachers/a couple parenting coaches...I feel like I've really learned so much from them! And I've become a better mom and wife because of them. Oh course I can give up the ridiculous stuff. But anything really wrong about watching helpful things?

I think my plan will be:
1) unfollow all unnecessary accounts
2) give myself a specific time each day (by seeing an alarm) in which I can view whatever was posted that day

That'll be step one.

Maybe slowly I'll wean myself off.

Thanks for the chizuk! Even though I'm not op Smile

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 2:20 pm
For those struggling with withdrawal- give yourself some credit! There are studies that show that the chemical withdrawal is for real! I went through it myself. It was sooo hard! It felt chemical and it was! But good news is that if you mange to push thorough it gets sooo much easier and you will not miss it. It’s been 7 months and I am totally fine without it… used to spend hours a day scrolling, chilling at night etc. for me what helped was to add a few watsapp statuses so I didn’t feel so isolated. I slowly was able to cut those down too. But it helped when I got the itch. I even would watch little YouTube clips when I felt like I needed. Eventually I didn’t need those crutches anymore really. I’m so much happier I can’t even explain. It took a few months to fully see and understand the difference. Good luck!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media