Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
This author had heard it on good authority that the former

Mevater

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 12:13 am
This author had heard it on good authority that the former Ivana Zelnikova may have been halachically Jewish and could be considered a safaik in this regard. If this is true, then she should definitely sit shiva out of a safaik

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

Huh? Yair Hoffman heard that "Ivana Zelnikova may have been halachically Jewish" and it never got leaked to the papers?

Ridiculous!

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 7:01 am
First off ywn is known to be a terrible source for actual news.
Secondly, this is the silliest article I have ever read. "On good authority" he heard this? Riiigggghhhht. If she was jewish, it would have been in the news and then her daughter would not have had to convert. Bizarre.

zaq

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 9:55 am
Doesn't matter. A ger is allowed to sit shiva for his nonJewish parents if he wants to, and I have a friend who did.

Java

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 9:56 am
Gotta love ywn and their tabloid 'journalism' Laugh

zaq

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 9:56 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
First off ywn is known to be a terrible source for actual news.
Secondly, this is the silliest article I have ever read. "On good authority" he heard this? Riiigggghhhht. If she was jewish, it would have been in the news and then her daughter would not have had to convert. Bizarre.

Good point.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 11:35 am
I was thinking of starting a thread yesterday when I heard about this, just a RIP type of thing. But now I've thought a bit more and will use this one to say a few things:
I've never heard of saying Kaddish for a definite gentile. My understanding is it's not at all necessary. I'm also skeptical about possible Jewish roots - it's NEVER come out before, has it?
As for sitting a full shiva, I don't know how helpful that is. But I would recommend taking it easy for a week, maybe having some hours where friends and family get together and reminisce. (As if Ivanka's here getting all our advice, right? Smile )
But I'm sorry for the Trump family's loss. It sounds like she was remembered fondly by all. I hope she found happiness in her life and I'm sure she was proud of her children.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics