Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos derech yisroel
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Not_in_my_town

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 7:19 pm
dragonfruit wrote:
Hi I am a proud parent from this school!
Before I sent here I also thought like not_in_my_town but then I didn't get accepted in any other school and I am sooooo thankful for that now! Because it is an amazing school where every kid is accepted for whatever they are wear or look like. No peer pressure whatsoever (at least in my daughter's classes they're younger lower elementary and preschool). It is such a warm place great atmoshpere and amazing rav running it.
We are regular chasidish family just don't belong to any specific chasidus. I wear shoulder lenght shaitel, my husband wears white shirts long peiyes he does not trim his beard. I don't allow my kids to watch anything besides for special occasions like choel homoed. I can't say everyone is like us but majority from younger grades are! In every place even in my extreme chasidish school they're was plenty girls my parents didnt want me to befriend.
It's a great neutral school with great staff
But unfortunately ppl who don't send there and don't know the truth spread not nice rumors!
You can pm with any questions

Dragonfruit, thank you for chiming in and offering your inside view. As outsider, I'd like to know that what I've seen isn't the full story and I'm happy to accept your perception as another part of the puzzle.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 7:25 pm
amother [ Oxfordblue ] wrote:
None of what I'm posting is rumors.
You're not doing any favors to potential new parents by hiding the truth and sugar coating what the school really is. It's unfair.
In no other chassidish school do girls wear leggings and sweats when there's no school. In no other chassidish school do girls have a smartphone. In no other chassidish school do older girls wear socks. In no other chassidish school do mom's not wear stockings. In no other chassidish schools do kids watch non jewish shows and movies at such a level going on there, or listen to and sing secular music.
It's unfair to hide the truth from potential parents.

Neither am I, unfortunately some people try and rosey it up I understand them cause they had no choice but to send there. I know lots in this school and none are what she tried to say it is maybe a 10th is like that. I actually know families that today went mixed swimming . Mothers with no snood in at home, the list does in. Getting into a school in Monsey is hell.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 7:33 pm
amother [ Darkblue ] wrote:
Not true I send my girls there and I would never send my boys to beer yeshaya.
My daughter's don't have any classmates that have brothers in beer yeshaya.
Siblings go to munkatch, vein, Talmud torah dmonsey, emrei shefer and even know who have brothers in sanz

Sanz cheder does not accept anymore if the sisters are in Bnos Derech Yisroel.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Fri, Jul 15 2022, 7:34 pm
There is clearly a mix there. Maybe speak to some families that send there or sent there.

I once spoke to a parent from school A (not this school) and she told me that school A is a middle of the road school. Then she also told me that most of the families in school A have a TV at home. Ok. Interesting definition of middle of the road.

The principal of school A said that it's definitely not the case. I didn't quite believe her.

You gotta talk to parents. Please don't believe things ppl write online.

Not_in_my_town

Post Sat, Jul 16 2022, 9:43 pm
I deleted certain comments as soon as I could, right after Havdalah. I decided that certain things are better left unsaid.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sat, Jul 16 2022, 10:10 pm
Bnos derech yisrael is open minded chasidish
Bais brocho is Stolin and very frum ( I went to the BP branch)
Bais Rochel is Yeshivish and Bais Yakov- chasidish.

amother
Carnation

Post Sat, Jul 16 2022, 10:49 pm
I don't send to bnos derech yisroel but I know families that do. I know a small percentage of ppl but they all send there cuz they didn't get in elsewhere or were kicked out of the school they were sending to. Like it was the last stop for them. The families I know are chassidish mentality but definitely modern (example. Came in bikini and no head covering to a boat ride....everyone else was dressed or at least had hair covered and wore full swim dresses). personally I think that's very modern....much more modern than my bais Yaakov school I send to.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sat, Jul 16 2022, 11:02 pm
I know 2 families that send or sent there and not at all what ppl are describing. Typical Heimish. The type that would send to BY in BP.

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:04 am
None of what I'm posting is rumors.
You're not doing any favors to potential new parents by hiding the truth and sugar coating what the school really is. It's unfair.
In no other chassidish school do girls wear leggings and sweats when there's no school. In no other chassidish school do girls have a smartphone. In no other chassidish school do older girls wear socks. In no other chassidish school do mom's not wear stockings. In no other chassidish schools do kids watch non jewish shows and movies at such a level going on there, or listen to and sing secular music.
It's unfair to hide the truth from potential parents.

The school does not allow girls to wear leggings. I know of some girls that dressed like that but are no longer there. Unfortunately, no school is immune from struggling kids.
I agree with you on the smartphone. The school doesn't allow it but some girls may have it. And the school needs to be sticter with that.
And in many many Chassidish schools girls listen and sing secular music. Maybe girls hide it better but speak to the principals, they're all struggling with this.
BDY may have a bigger percentage and be more lenient. So I agree, let's not sugarcoat, but c'mon, don't throw them to the trash while putting the other schools on a pedestal. They are all struggling with the same things.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:08 am
amother [ Diamond ] wrote:
The school does not allow girls to wear leggings. I know of some girls that dressed like that but are no longer there. Unfortunately, no school is immune from struggling kids.
I agree with you on the smartphone. The school doesn't allow it but some girls may have it. And the school needs to be sticter with that.
And in many many Chassidish schools girls listen and sing secular music. Maybe girls hide it better but speak to the principals, they're all struggling with this.
BDY may have a bigger percentage and be more lenient. So I agree, let's not sugarcoat, but c'mon, don't throw them to the trash while putting the other schools on a pedestal. They are all struggling with the same things.

My niece is a counselor there now she says lots wear leggings she’s was shocked at how modern it was cause when she was hired she was told chassidish heimish and really nice crowd. And it’s far from that

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:10 am
amother [ Diamond ] wrote:

Wether the school allows leggings or not, I know girls that are currently in the school and wear leggings.

Not_in_my_town

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:13 am
Can I just make one point?

Leggings isn't necessarily an issue with tznuis. They cover what needs to be covered.

It's an issue with conformity. So it can really be looked at two ways:

1. The school is doing something beautiful by providing a Yiddish education to Jewish girls while allowing them to be themselves without rules of conformity

or

2. The girls are not conforming to societies rules, but then the question must be asked: Why? Are they just expressing their true selves, or is there something unhealthy going on?

The bottom line is:

Is the student and parent body (generally speaking) one in which Hashem is the center of life or is He just a side point? What do the leggings symbolize?

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:15 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
My niece is a counselor there now she says lots wear leggings she’s was shocked at how modern it was cause when she was hired she was told chassidish heimish and really nice crowd. And it’s far from that

I hear you. I personally don't have family there but I have some very very close friends that send there, really wonderful people, typical neutral Chassidish, Tznius, refined, Erliche families and I feel like people need to be careful with information on this place as there are wonderful Chassidish families with wonderful girls there.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:15 am
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Can I just make one point?

Leggings isn't necessarily an issue with tznuis. They cover what needs to be covered.

It's an issue with conformity. So it can really be looked at two ways:

1. The school is doing something beautiful by providing a Yiddish education to Jewish girls while allowing them to be themselves without rules of conformity

or

2. The girls are not conforming to societies rules, but then the question must be asked: Why? Are they just expressing their true selves, or is there something unhealthy going on?

The bottom line is:

Is the student and parent body (generally speaking) one in which Hashem is the center of life or is He just a side point? What do the leggings symbolize?

Just so you know chabad school does not let the girls wear leggings they need to remove them and put on stockings if they are caught . Yes leggings are not ok especially if you call yourself a chassidish school.

amother
Nemesia

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:16 am
When you all say leggings you mean under a skirt or leggings as pants with nothing over it?

Not_in_my_town

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:19 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Just so you know chabad school does not let the girls wear leggings they need to remove them and put on stockings if they are caught . Yes leggings are not ok especially if you call yourself a chassidish school.

Not okay according to whom? According to society's rules. Not according to Hashem.

Someone who is covering their legs with leggings under a skirt is 100% tznuis, though she may be out of synch with the community.

That was my point.

To say that a girl is not tznuis when she is covered is to ignore the mitzvah she is doing.

It is still a mitzvah, even if you don't like the way she covers.

Society has made dress code rules. That doesn't mean that someone who is outside of the dress code is outside of tznuis.

That was my point. And I know, it's a hard concept to wrap one's mind around when they haven't been used to thinking this way, but it's sound.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:22 am
After reading these post all I have to say is that I'm happy I moved to an out of town place. I miss the old Monsey when Viznitz accepted non Viznitz kids and there was a community school and all was fine. We are hurting ourselves so bad and our kids, pure neshamos, are suffering. We are creating a horrible cycle.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:23 am
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Not okay according to whom? According to society's rules. Not according to Hashem.

Someone who is covering their legs with leggings under a skirt is 100% tznuis, though she may be out of synch with the community.

That was my point.

To say that a girl is not tznuis when she is covered is to ignore the mitzvah she is doing.

Society has made dress code rules. That doesn't mean that someone who is outside of the dress code is outside of tznuis.

That was my point. And I know, it's a hard concept to wrap one's mind around when they haven't been used to thinking this way, but it's sound.

The girls are wearing leggings without a skirt over it.
That's not ok.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:24 am
Not_in_my_town wrote:

That was my point.

There are schools that cater to families that want to wear leggings watch movies and listen to non Jewish music . But a chassidish school is not the place for all this.

Not_in_my_town

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:24 am
The girls are wearing leggings without a skirt over it.
That's not ok.

Oh, that I've never seen. I agree that would not be okay.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics