Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bnos derech yisroel
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:50 am
Just a reminder that tonight starts the 3 weeks.
It's a good time for all of us to do a Cheshbon Hanefesh with our Bein Adam Lachaveiru.
I'm talking to myself here as well.
Please be careful with what you post. This forum is seen by thousands. This goes for everything else, not only this specific post.

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:55 am
It started out for people who couldn't get into schools because the mother drives. So quite a bit of x chassidim send there

amother
Freesia

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:57 am
I started a spin-off about leggings. Now I’m curious how most people see it!

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:59 am
dragonfruit wrote:
Attention all MONSEY moms here sending to NORMAL chasidish school; you can only get into a chasidish school if you don't have internet access (smartphone tablet computer...) so I guess your lying starts there. You lied about not having internet to get in, but somehow you are actively on imamother!

This is not true. I send to mainstream chassidish schools that ask for filtered internet.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:00 am
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
It started out for people who couldn't get into schools because the mother drives. So quite a bit of x chassidim send there

That was a very long time ago. My daughter is in the younger grades and she has the most amazing classmates with wonderful eirleche parents. OP, find people who personally send there. Meet the mothers and make a decision based off that. Not from immamother. If you don't know anyone personally ask around.

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:02 am

What does x Chassidish have with mother's driving?
Most Chassidish parents in Bais Rochel and Bais Shifra Miriam drive. I send there. Do you consider us X Chassidish? That would be pretty funny.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:04 am

Driving doesn't make someone ex chassidish. Many fine erlich chasidish women drive. I wouldn't say that ex chassidim send to that school.

amother
Darkblue

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:42 am
amother [ Oxfordblue ] wrote:
This is not true. I send to mainstream chassidish schools that ask for filtered internet.

Ok so what filter do you have?

amother
Clover

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:51 am
I meant to say that their rules were more lax than the other schools so alot of people ended up there that are no longer chassidish

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 1:55 am
I know of at least 10 families who send there, all kf them are real good chasidishe families.

Mother drives, longer sheitel. but real ehrliche homes.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 8:10 am
Wow wow I get the picture. Thanks so much everyone!

ShishKabob

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 9:52 am
Lets not kid ourselves. It's not a typical chassidish school. There are all types and stripes. However there are some very fine regular chassidish girls and families that attend the school. There are also cool chassidish families that send their girls there because how they dress is more accepted than in any other place.
It's great that there's a school that accepts such a broad spectrum of parent body. But don't try to paint the place with different colors than it is in reality.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 10:04 am
I have read quite a few threads on here about different schools where most or many posters posted very inaccurate information. Unless someone says they send to the school take their info with a grain of salt.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 10:17 am
Well if you want to raise your kids in a healthy chassidish home but want to drive, apparently typical chassidish schools will view this as a massive break of Judaism and will not allow your child to go to the school. So schools like BDY need to open. And of course there's a mix. I do know regular normal chassidish people that send there where the mother drives.

Maybe if the chassidish schools would drop the stupidity about women driving then they wouldn't have to send their kids to other schools.

Not_in_my_town

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 10:32 am
amother [ Oatmeal ] wrote:
Well if you want to raise your kids in a healthy chassidish home but want to drive, apparently typical chassidish schools will view this as a massive break of Judaism and will not allow your child to go to the school. So schools like BDY need to open. And of course there's a mix. I do know regular normal chassidish people that send there where the mother drives.

Maybe if the chassidish schools would drop the stupidity about women driving then they wouldn't have to send their kids to other schools.

I agree with this 100%.

Happens to be, some schools will turn a blind eye to driving if done very quietly. As long as you aren't out to make a scene and aren't out to become less religious, then you can sometimes get away with it.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 10:39 am
Not_in_my_town wrote:
I agree with this 100%.

Happens to be, some schools will turn a blind eye to driving if done very quietly. As long as you aren't out to make a scene and aren't out to become less religious, then you can sometimes get away with it.

Right. In every chasidish school, there are mothers that drive. It depends how it's done.

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 11:19 am
How does this school compare with the new school Bnos Binah?

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 11:43 am
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
How does this school compare with the new school Bnos Binah?

Bnos Binah does not accept so easily and will have no problem kicking a family out if they don't follow the rules they signed they will. They definitely have a stronger parent body. They have some families that don't belong there but only took then in the first year. Right now, they are super picky. Majority is mainstream Chassidish, they have a strong emphasis on learning and being on a high level caliber. They are not like Pupa or Viznitz. Driving is accepted. But they will do a lot of research on you to make sure you're a quality family. So they're not looking for davka Chassidish, but focus more on Erlichkeit.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 9:28 am
If I only wanna send here for preschool is it so bad?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 9:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If I only wanna send here for preschool is it so bad?

It's not "bad". It just needs to be the right fit for your child. Just keep in mind that it's extremely hard to get into an elementary school if your daughter is in a different pre school. Many schools require the girls to go to their Pre 1A if they're going to be going to their 1st grade.
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics