Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Can I be successful hairstylist without using instagram?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 6:41 am
I've been trying to get rid of my social media for a while. The problem is how can I start my business as a hairstylist without posting on social media?
Unfortunately, Instagram is the only platform you can use for promoting this business.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Raisin

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 6:57 am
What about a website?

Coffee beanz

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 7:12 am
Starting a website is not simple unfortunately because it is harder for people to find you. You need to optimize keywords, rank in Google etc.it can take months and even then most people go by word of mouth or seeing pictures of your work.
Can you do whatsapp status? Not the same but at least people see your work.

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 7:39 am
Word of mouth.
Do a great job, people ask around who others are happy with, or when they see people and they look good.

Yes, there is a whole industry on Instagram, and I am highly active on Instagram, but when it comes down to actually using someone, I ask around who was really happy, who friends, family and acquaintances recommend, because I don't trust the filters.

Raisin

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 7:43 am
Coffee beanz wrote:
Starting a website is not simple unfortunately because it is harder for people to find you. You need to optimize keywords, rank in Google etc.it can take months and even then most people go by word of mouth or seeing pictures of your work.

On the flip side I find it really annoying when businesses don't have a website. I would much rather look at a well laid out website (super easy to set up using squarespace or wix) where I can see what services you offer, what sort of stuff you sell or do, maybe even buy your items. Why do I have to follow you on fb on instagram just to choose a hairstylist??? I also don't use instagram much anyway, and would certainly not choose to follow businesses. There is a business I would really like to buy an item from, she only appears to sell via DMS. Honestly I find that awkward, I don't want to message someone, ask how much it is, maybe it is too much money and I won't want it. Why can't she have a simple website with her products for sale and a buy button??

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 8:09 am
Yes. Put ads in the local players. Put your business card in stores. Hang flyers on bulletin boards in places like groceries if they have. Word of mouth. Talk about your business a lot. Use a Jewish email blast. Get people to sign up for your email list. There are so many ways.

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 8:25 am
Coffee beanz wrote:

Why can't someone share the link to their website on WhatsApp, email, other advertisements? Why wait for people to find it?

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 8:29 am
Yes, I usually find people by word of mouth. I would trust my friend's recommendation over instagram which is all fake. Watsapp, ads in local advertisers etc would be the best way. And if you offer an initial deal to encourage the first customers, and then they will hopefully pass your name around.

Coffee beanz

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 8:32 am
Raisin wrote:
On the flip side I find it really annoying when businesses don't have a website. I would much rather look at a well laid out website (super easy to set up using squarespace or wix) where I can see what services you offer, what sort of stuff you sell or do, maybe even buy your items. Why do I have to follow you on fb on instagram just to choose a hairstylist??? I also don't use instagram much anyway, and would certainly not choose to follow businesses. There is a business I would really like to buy an item from, she only appears to sell via DMS. Honestly I find that awkward, I don't want to message someone, ask how much it is, maybe it is too much money and I won't want it. Why can't she have a simple website with her products for sale and a buy button??

I hear that! A website and another form of advertising is definitely ideal. My point was just a website by itself will not get her exposure.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 8:59 am
Of course. Plenty of hairstylists were successful before instagram.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media