Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Charger not really working

momaleh

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 10:50 am
My charger wasn't working, and a few weeks ago I bought a new one. Now this one is slowly going toward not working. It seems to work when the computer is off, and when it's one, it either stops charging immediately, or it might flip from charge to no charge literally every second until the computer dies. It doesn't seem like it's the charger, since it's almost brand new.

Two other things to note are that it feels pretty hot, both the computer and the charger, and that it was only the power cord that is new. It did not come with a wire to attach it to the powerbar, so that is old.

Any ideas?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 10:55 am
Bring the computer in to a repair shop. Two things to look for - is the port in the computer where the charger plugs in, loose? The port may need to be changed. Also, it sounds like the computer is overheating and may need a new internal fan.

amother
Iris

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:08 pm
If the charger is intermittently charging when plugged in, it appears that there is an issue with the port. If you hold it "steady" does it still go on and off.

I had this issue with my iPad and it was because the charging port had gotten wonky so that it would lose connection on and off. Since my iPad was old and I had been thinking about replacing it anyway, I just got a new iPad.

I would take it to a good computer repair store and get a diagnosis. If the port is the issue it can be replaced. When I had googled for information on my iPad the cost was between $50 and $100 for an iPad. It didn't make sense for me to spend that kind of money on an iPad which wasn't worth that much money since it was old anyway.

momaleh

Post Sun, Jul 17 2022, 12:32 pm
Thank you to my tech-savvy friends Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics